The Student Room Group

Integrated master's degree

Hello, I am a bit lost. How do I know which courses on UCAS have integrated masters? Or if I am applying after finishing school they aren't even showing the masters courses that you do after getting bachelor's degree? I'm just scared that if I choose something with 4FT IMD Msci (Hon) written next to it I will simply lose my choice.
Original post by gintareek
Hello, I am a bit lost. How do I know which courses on UCAS have integrated masters? Or if I am applying after finishing school they aren't even showing the masters courses that you do after getting bachelor's degree? I'm just scared that if I choose something with 4FT IMD Msci (Hon) written next to it I will simply lose my choice.

UCAS Undergraduate apply will only show courses for school leaver entry.

The only exceptions to this are certain Medicine courses (GEM), Social Work (which will be labelled either MA of PGDip) and some Nursing/Health professions courses (again they'll be titled MSc (MSci is for the undergrad version) or PGDIp).

If you're worried then on UCAS course search you can filter to show only Undergraduate courses. Those courses are for people who don't already have a degree.
Reply 2
Original post by gintareek

What courses are you looking for? Integrated masters science courses will usually be MSci, Engineering is MEng, Maths is MMath (or MSci).

If you do a separate masters AFTER completing a bachelors that's not an integrated course.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
What courses are you looking for? Integrated masters science courses will usually be MSci, Engineering is MEng, Maths is MMath (or MSci).

If you do a separate masters AFTER completing a bachelors that's not an integrated course.

Thank you! I was looking for science courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending