The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Still no offers :frown:

I guess I'll have to wait until at least Monday...
Original post by AJP98
Oh god me too! I sent on Wednesday but no response yet... I'm applying deferred and they have specified that it's reallllllllly competitive if you're deferred entry:/

ahhh I see! I can imagine it is! what other universities are you applying for ?
Just wondering whether anyone knows when St.Andrews begin to send out offers or the earliest they have given out offers in past years
Reply 1163
Original post by espicton98
ahhh I see! I can imagine it is! what other universities are you applying for ?

Durham, Cambridge, Nottingham and Exeter:smile: But Exeter I'm applying for Englsih with American Study Year Abroad...
Original post by jamestg
Still no offers :frown:

I guess I'll have to wait until at least Monday...

Don't worry! Firstly I'd say offers can still be given out today until 5/6pm so you never actually know. Secondly I'm sure you'll be getting offers soon:smile::smile: I hate all the waiting!
Original post by emmamelville
Don't worry! Firstly I'd say offers can still be given out today until 5/6pm so you never actually know. Secondly I'm sure you'll be getting offers soon:smile::smile: I hate all the waiting!

I really hope so :frown: and it's so easy to overthink in this situation.
Been waiting almost 12 days since I sent my application off for French and Linguistics at Oxford and Warwick, French Linguistic studies at Southampton, French at Exeter and French and English language at Birmingham and I haven't heard anything! So many people are getting offers, my friend sent hers 2 days ago and already has 3 including one unconditional! Feel like i'll be waiting forever
Original post by AJP98
Durham, Cambridge, Nottingham and Exeter:smile: But Exeter I'm applying for Englsih with American Study Year Abroad...

Oooohh lush! which Cambridge college did you apply for? I applied for Gonville and Cauis !
They've finally sent mine off to UCAS (got the confirmation email).

So it begins...
Reply 1169
Original post by espicton98
Oooohh lush! which Cambridge college did you apply for? I applied for Gonville and Cauis !

Clair! It's all so exciting
UEA are making offers now!!! Just got an offer from them for geography and international development asking for ABB! :biggrin::biggrin:
Edit: they've just emailed to tell me they'll make it unconditional if I firm!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM SURREY!!!

Yay!
Original post by jamestg

Yay!

Congratulations :smile:
Original post by Grace_Cong1998
What course did you apply? Do they need something like personal statement?
Good luck to your application:smile:

Linguistics :smile: Erm nope I just filled out my details, put up my grades and sent if off :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Linguistics :smile: Erm nope I just filled out my details, put up my grades and sent if off :smile:

Hahaha for my dutch program, I have to write a letter of motivation and submit a CV.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Hahaha for my dutch program, I have to write a letter of motivation and submit a CV.

Oh yeah I had to do that too! I didn't have to do a motivation letter though...
Original post by notonlyme
UEA are making offers now!!! Just got an offer from them for geography and international development asking for ABB! :biggrin::biggrin:
Edit: they've just emailed to tell me they'll make it unconditional if I firm!!!

THAT'S AMAZING! Congrats!!
Original post by amelienine
THAT'S AMAZING! Congrats!!

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by notonlyme

Congratulations but beware of that. It's a marketing strategy that is designed to primarily benefit the university, not you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg

Yay!

When did you send your application/what are you applying for?
Congratulations btw :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending