The Student Room Group

Why do the inbetweeners never shut up about sex?

I was watching the inbetweeners and it just made my blood boil the amount of time the dialogue was about sex. I got so angry during one point that i threw my laptop across the room in a rage and punched a wall.

And people think this **** is funny? Seriously our generation is ****ed. :angry:

Scroll to see replies

It's pretty accurate tbh
Because the show accepts the fact that most teenagers, and males generally, talk about sex a lot. There's nothing more childish than a puritanical attitude to sex. It's something almost everyone does, a perfectly natural aspect of our nature but it can be dangerous and emotional so it should be openly discussed without any measure of shame or disgust. To do otherwise is a disservice to young people and the inexperienced generally.
So to demonstrate your maturity you threw your laptop against a wall?
Because of a to comedy that wasn't to your taste?

Wow
Anyone who has heard of the inbetweeners knows the whole thing has many references to sex... its like its thing...and insight if you may say...
Reply 5
It's funnier that you throw your laptop across the room because of this.
It's a program about the life of a group of teenage virgins, WTF did you expect :rofl:

Original post by domonict

Was literally going to say this.
The virgin anger is strong in this one.
lol salty much, its a funny show
It's exaggerated but hilarious. Laptop w***** 😃
(edited 7 years ago)
It's pretty accurate, Dutch girls are proper filthy...

..I fingered one, she **** down my arm
The reason why it was so popular is because it was so relatable. You've obviously got all the lads trying to lose their virginity but you've also got relationship issues, parental seperation, bullying, banter between friends, trying to pass your driving test, the intimidating teachers, trying to pretend you're 18 and all the social awkwardness that happens at that age, when you don't really know what you're doing or where your life is going.

Obviously some of it is exaggerated for comedic value, but the first season n particular is a very accurate representation of what it's like being a 16 year old boy starting sixth form.

The characters are all very relatable as well. We all knew someone at college like Jay who exaggerated everything and obsessed about sex, we all knew a Neil who isn't the quickest of cats at the best of times, and we definitely all knew a Simon and a Will.

I must have seen every episode 20 times by now but I still find it funny.
i mean.....it aint that deep
The sexual revolution is responsible. I do regrettably find it very funny.
Reply 14
Jeez it's a comedy, chill out. I can't watch Miranda as I find it too cringey and awkward but I don't throw my laptop across the room because it annoys me
Because pretty much every teenage boy talks about sex at one point. You clearly don't have the maturity or the humour to see the funny side of it.
Teenagers trying to get laid. Sex related humour. There is a funny side of it which you can't see.
Seriously? :colonhash:

Also, it's also a correct example of real-life. A lot of people who've never had sex seem to never shut up about it.
Reply 18
Original post by HurtfulHarold
It's pretty accurate tbh

Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Because the show accepts the fact that most teenagers, and males generally, talk about sex a lot. There's nothing more childish than a puritanical attitude to sex. It's something almost everyone does, a perfectly natural aspect of our nature but it can be dangerous and emotional so it should be openly discussed without any measure of shame or disgust. To do otherwise is a disservice to young people and the inexperienced generally.

Its not funny though is it?
Reply 19
Original post by domonict
Because of a to comedy that wasn't to your taste?

Wow

The way they were talking was absolutely disgusting. Seriously if someone spoke about my mum or dad like that they would be getting put into an earlier grave. I am serious mate- I don't give a ****.

Quick Reply