The Student Room Group

Why were Celebrities less hot in the old days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
They all building up their fanbase so #Kanye2020 will happen... We gotta band together to stop this before it actually happens, from the US they are gonna take over the world

I think it may be too late to anything about that now to be honest...
Original post by retro_turtles
I think it may be too late to anything about that now to be honest...

Why be so pessimistic...
Original post by PrinceHarrys
x

i'm not saying that their not attractive, i'm just saying the whole thing changes over the years due to media and whatnot, in the next 10 years someone will be saying the same about them tbh...
Why be so pessimistic...

it seems like a harsh reality my friend ....
You have to remember the stars nowadays are Photoshopped to within an inch of their lives. "Film Stars" as they used to be, relied on good camera work and lighting but most of it was themselves. Monroe bleached her hair blonde and had a nose job and her jaw re -set. But I don't think many Hollywood "goddesses" did. As someone else said Audrey Hepburn, and Rita Hayworth, Greta Garbo ,Marlene Dietrich. These stars are immortal, and will be remembered and revered for their beauty and the films they were in forever more. Who the **** is going to remember Kim Kardashian in a hundred years time?
Original post by markova21
You have to remember the stars nowadays are Photoshopped to within an inch of their lives. "Film Stars" as they used to be, relied on good camera work and lighting but most of it was themselves. Monroe bleached her hair blonde and had a nose job and her jaw re -set. But I don't think many Hollywood "goddesses" did. As someone else said Audrey Hepburn, and Rita Hayworth, Greta Garbo ,Marlene Dietrich. These stars are immortal, and will be remembered and revered for their beauty and the films they were in forever more. Who the **** is going to remember Kim Kardashian in a hundred years time?

If her husband actually becomes president then maybe... jokes aside, you are right! People like the people you named plus their characters and many more like ingrid Bergman, Vivian Leigh, their movies are classics, they are immortalized on the big screen. Generations of people connect with their characters and think they are "hot".
it seems like a harsh reality my friend ....

Yes, the world is harsh but one must always have hope... because hope is what set the human race apart
Yes, the world is harsh but one must always have hope... because hope is what set the human race apart

You do make a valid point
You do make a valid point

Ik right, I should be a philosopher or drop sick beats like Kanye, maybe I can be president one day!
Ik right, I should be a philosopher or drop sick beats like Kanye, maybe I can be president one day!

At this rate a dead chicken would be qualified enough to run for president
At this rate a dead chicken would be qualified enough to run for president

Cannot argue with that... smh American politics
Reply 31
Different standards of what's hot, plus photoshop is so prevalent today.

Also particularly a lot of 70s and 80s celebrities had terrible skin from all the sunbathing, smoking and were unfortunate to be in a time with very bad fashions (although it wouldn't have seemed it at the time, same as now).
Cannot argue with that... smh American politics

God help them all
Grace Kelley 1950s

Sophia Loren 1960s

Briggitte Bardot 1960s

Brooke Shields 1980s

Im going to add more you know.

Stop selectively choosing less photogenic images of earlier eras. Are you really that dull? :colonhash:

Also Jennifer Anniston is beautiful?
God help them all

Sometimes I don't know whether I want god to help them or to let them do their own thing....
Original post by Twinpeaks
Grace Kelley 1950s

Sophia Loren 1960s

Briggitte Bardot 1960s

Brooke Shields 1980s

Im going to add more you know.

Stop selectively choosing less photogenic images of earlier eras. Are you really that dull? :colonhash:

Also Jennifer Anniston is beautiful?

triggered.jpg :rofl: :console:

Also, everyone knows it's "Aniston." So much for "dull". :rolleyes:
Original post by PrinceHarrys
triggered.jpg :rofl: :console:

Also, everyone knows it's "Aniston." So much for "dull". :rolleyes:

Aren't you the home of witty banter.
You know you've lost the argument when you have to resort to correcting the spelling of proper nouns, how infantile :wink:

Just admit how wrong you were. You poor uneducated soul didn't even know half those women existed did you?

I'll probably spam you with 90d stars in a bit. Stay tuned.
Sometimes I don't know whether I want god to help them or to let them do their own thing....

They're so far into it i have no idea what to think or say
Original post by Gatlema
Different standards of what's hot, plus photoshop is so prevalent today.

Also particularly a lot of 70s and 80s celebrities had terrible skin from all the sunbathing, smoking and were unfortunate to be in a time with very bad fashions (although it wouldn't have seemed it at the time, same as now).

Yeah, glad not as many people smoke :borat:
They're so far into it i have no idea what to think or say

Well either way, it's going to be over soon... Don't know if the cesspool of hate will ever end but one can hope right :smile:

Quick Reply