The Student Room Group

Hate clubbing, anyone agree?

I used to go a lot in first year as all my flatmates were going.

But I hate it.

Which is why I got drunk during clubbing. It's obviously not for me as I hated it sober. It was enjoyable when drunk, but only temporary enjoyment.

I can't speak and get to know people because it's too loud. I can only nod.

It's packed and therefore very sweaty. Never mind how bad condition the toilets are in. I'd rather take a dump outside most of the time.

The floor is sticky and it's hard to walk.

I always get drinks splashed on my good clothes and therefore have to wash it the next day.

The bouncers are dickheads most of the time.

The people are dickheads most of the time. Guys harassing girls a lot, people are not considerate of others in general.

I don't understand why people suck the faces of random strangers, and when your friends do it, you have watch and wait.

I always lose people and don't know who's been kicked out.

I hate having to go to take aways afterwards because I can't be bothred to cook when drunk.

Staying up till 4AM is miserable. Never mind the hangover I get the next day with a whole day wasted being depressed. The taxis are expensive and the night bus service is slow and you always get dickheads on the bus too.

I would rather sit in a cafe and have a coffee or go to a bar and have one or two glasses of wine and that's it. I do enjoy being drunk, but it's only temporary and is not benefitting my health and has caused a lot of drama last year. I always end up messaging people and being a ****. (i.e. sending a dick pic to one of my female friends. I could never look her in the eye the same way again)

The women are also temporary. I had two one night stands last year and it was a very void experience. Both during the sex and after. I would much prefer to get in a serious relationship with someone who is like minded to me.

Scroll to see replies

Life sucks, doesn't it? Mobile phone culture/improved technology is making people less and less social, so much so that the only way to interact with others is to get absolutely ****ing wasted. Sad, but true. But in all honestly, if you don't like clubbing, you don't have to do it.
I'm not a big fan of the club scene either. If anything I enjoy pampering myself for a night out more than I enjoy actually being there haha. If I'm going out to be social I prefer to go somewhere that the music isn't blaring too loudly to talk. So, a few drinks earlier in the evening before they pump up the volume is preferable to staying out until stupid o'clock in the morning.

The rare occasions I get drunk it is in the house. I'm too cheap to spend enough money to get drunk at a pub. :tongue:
totally depends
if it's a terrible, crowded, shovey club where the drinks are too expensive and the girls are too aggressive, it can suck
if it's a great club, the music's good, the drinks are priced reasonably and nobody's pushing everybody, it can be fine
but generally, if you don't pull, you'll always think it sucks, because it does suck when you don't pull
Reply 4
Original post by sleepysnooze
totally depends
if it's a terrible, crowded, shovey club where the drinks are too expensive and the girls are too aggressive, it can suck
if it's a great club, the music's good, the drinks are priced reasonably and nobody's pushing everybody, it can be fine
but generally, if you don't pull, you'll always think it sucks, because it does suck when you don't pull

Okay Quagmire, but not all of us are there for the sex.
what the heck is being "politically obnoxious"? that doesn't even make sense. also, how am I even being *personally* obnoxious?
Original post by Anonymous
Okay Quagmire, but not all of us are there for the sex.

oh yeah, because you just *love* dancing huh...
Reply 7
Original post by sleepysnooze
oh yeah, because you just *love* dancing huh...

No actually I hate it. Hence why I get drunk there to do it. I wouldn't dance otherwise.
I agree with you SO much. I absolutely HATE clubs and decided a while ago that I'de never go again! Whenever my friends go now, I just stay home, get baked and watch documentaries about North Korea or Illuminati. Cheeper, more interesting and more enjoyable...plus I don't even care about getting laid that night or not. Works great!
prsom :rofl:
Where else can you meet members of the opposite gender in a relatively anonymous non threatening way IRL. If you have just had a problem with a particular guy/girl in your work/school life, you can go in to one of these places and if you're lucky can quickly meet someone new and put it behind you. Tinder and online dating have their place, but clubs are good honest sexual proving grounds.
Reply 11
Was fun at my first uni. Small uni town, chances were you knew half the people in the club, by and large cheesy (but half decent) music. Good laugh, very little trouble, no pressure.

Second uni not so great. Bigger city, bigger clubs, majority were "normal people" i.e. not student. Guys walking around in suits trying to act like they had an ounce of swag, girls trying to get their boobs up against anything with a pulse, bad dancing and people by and large looking rather lonely tbh.

I should mention there were nice places in the second town, but normally they had a separate bar area with loud music but not so loud you couldn't talk, and then a dance area hidden off in a basement somewhere. They weren't the majority though in my experience, and the dance area was just as bad.

Basically not all clubbing is the same.
(edited 7 years ago)
After getting kicked out of a club for being too drunk, I realised I lost my ID and wallet.

I also sent a dick pic to one of my female friends. In which she responded negatively to.
After getting kicked out of a club for being too drunk, I realised I lost my ID and wallet.

I also sent a dick pic to one of my female friends. In which she responded negatively to.

Classic. Jesus dude, what were you drinking?

Idk, I kind of enjoy it, but only occasionally, for one it's expensive, and it gets old pretty quickly.
No actually I hate it. Hence why I get drunk there to do it. I wouldn't dance otherwise.

why not dance drunk at home
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Classic. Jesus dude, what were you drinking?

Idk, I kind of enjoy it, but only occasionally, for one it's expensive, and it gets old pretty quickly.

I drank 30 units that night.
I drank 30 units that night.

Sounds wild
I haven't actually gone clubbing myself, but the scenes of partying and drinking even at a friend's house don't really appeal to me. Personally I'd rather stay at home to be the child I truly am, go out with friends to a cafe (or on an eating marathon), a bookstore (Waterstone's for life), or do something which is unlikely to get me into any trouble (probably can't go wrong with swimming or gardening). I don't think I'll change when I enter university either.
Reply 18
I hate it too. I follow sometimes but I hate parties that end up in a night club. It's too loud you can't talk, the drinks are overpriced, the music sucks, most people there are not interesting.
Reply 19
yeah i'll always prefer a quite night indoors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending