The Student Room Group

Reverse Racism

Can a minority be 'racist' to white people?

Scroll to see replies

Racism is discrimination based on race, so it's not 'reverse racism', it's just racism.
No such thing, A black Person being racist to a white person is racism.

Reverse Racism is not real
Racism is racism, regardless of what the instigator's colour is.
Reverse racism is not a real thing, if for example a black person insults a white person for being white, it´s just racism.
Reply 5
Yes they can and its just called racism.

Calling something reverse racism, sexism etc is just a way to downplay the whatever has been said.
from an article it stated that you can only be racist if you have privilege and power, which minorites dont have

Original post by Mactotaur
Racism is discrimination based on race, so it's not 'reverse racism', it's just racism.

Original post by AperfectBalance
No such thing, A black Person being racist to a white person is racism.

Reverse Racism is not real

Original post by Reality Check
Racism is racism, regardless of what the instigator's colour is.

Original post by Gabriela.K
Reverse racism is not a real thing, if for example a black person insults a white person for being white, it´s just racism.

Original post by joecphillips
Yes they can and its just called racism.

Calling something reverse racism, sexism etc is just a way to downplay the whatever has been said.
Reverse racism doesn't exist...
However black/asian/white people can all be (and a small percentage are) racist
Original post by CraigBackner
from an article it stated that you can only be racist if you have privilege and power, which minorites dont have

You should learn to use analytical thinking and logic to form your own views rather than parroting the witterings of some social justice warrior on the internet.
Original post by Good bloke
You should learn to use analytical thinking and logic to form your own views rather than parroting the witterings of some social justice warrior on the internet.

theres a reason i stated why it was from an article, ofc i can come up with my own veiw
theres a reason i stated why it was from an article, ofc i can come up with my own veiw

Has Tumblr started to create articles or is this idiocy spreading???
theres a reason i stated why it was from an article

Yes, you were fooled into resorting to the fallacy of the appeal to authority. But you didn't name your authority so that people could damn it with sensible argument.

Yes, but that's not true.

Actually this is the definition of racism:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"

Also "you can only be racist if you´re privileged" is false. If someone insults another person for their race, it´s racism, that's it, no matter is that person is a minority or not.
If I go to a country somewhere in Africa and insult someone for being black, that would be racist even if I am a minority there. Just as if someone black goes to Europe and insults a person for being white, that person would be racist even if they are a minority there.
(edited 7 years ago)
If I bully someone younger than me its called bullying. If someone younger than me bullies me its still called bullying. Not reverse Bullying. Same rules apply here :colonhash:
Original post by Mactotaur
Yes, but that's not true.

Original post by Gabriela.K
Actually this is the definition of racism:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"

Also "you can only be racist if you´re privileged" is false. If someone insults another person for their race, it´s racism, that's it, no matter is that person is a minority or not.
If I go to a country somewhere in Africa and insult someone for being black, that would be racist even if I am a minority there. Just as if someone black goes to Europe and insults a person for being white, that person would be racist even if they are a minority there.

well it depends on your interpretation and veiw: read the two articles and tell me if it changes your vewi

Original post by AlexS101
Has Tumblr started to create articles or is this idiocy spreading???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/reverse-racism-isnt-a-thing_us_55d60a91e4b07addcb45da97
http://www.dailydot.com/via/reverse-racism-doesnt-exist/
we live in a world where saying hi to a muslim is racist so id have to say no
Original post by Daniel117100
we live in a world where saying hi to a muslim is racist so id have to say no

Never heard of that?

Just saying an article has no credibility unless you reference it so we can verify it and people can assess its merits
Original post by Good bloke
Yes, you were fooled into resorting to the fallacy of the appeal to authority. But you didn't name your authority so that people could damn it with sensible argument.

i wasn't 'fooled' into agreeing with it because of the reputation or 'authority' of the source, i already had that view, before I found out the website which helped source my view

Quick Reply