The Student Room Group

Why were Celebrities less hot in the old days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincessBO$$
I actually think celebrities in hollywood in the older days look better. They dont have as much access to plastic surgery,botox,lip injection, shaved chins etc. So most of the beauties in hollywood were general beauties

Vivien leigh

Elizabeth Taylor

Audrey Hepburn

Marilyn Monroe

I feel bad for many of these old stars as well because their love lives were so unfulfilling because of their star status. Their lovers had expectations of who they are as people. Audrey Hepburn tho
Meanwhile at OP's house:
I don't know about you guys and what you think hot is, but purple and black socks are the best socks.
and apples are hot asf <333
Original post by wolfmoon88
I feel bad for many of these old stars as well because their love lives were so unfulfilling because of their star status. Their lovers had expectations of who they are as people. Audrey Hepburn tho

Yh Marilyn Monroe shiish she went through a lot :frown: idk why but comeone OP this

is the ideal standards of beauty nowadays every instagram girls try to look like her.
This imo is beauty

Rita Hayworth :h:

Yh Marilyn Monroe shiish she went through a lot :frown: idk why but comeone OP this

is the ideal standards of beauty nowadays every instagram girls try to look like her.
This imo is beauty

Rita Hayworth :h:

Elizabeth Taylor too... so glad they graced the screens and our hearts with their talent tho
(edited 7 years ago)
Elizaneth Taylor too... so glad they graced the screens and our hearts with their talent tho

Yep :h: Vivein Leigh in a street car name desire :h:
[video="youtube;plIEcP1Wi8I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plIEcP1Wi8I[/video]
Yep :h: Vivein Leigh in a street car name desire :h:
[video="youtube;plIEcP1Wi8I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plIEcP1Wi8I[/video]

Gone with the wind ♡, classic movie, crappy graphics
Reply 67

LESS hot, really???

olden day actresses were the ones who had genuine beauty
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XOR_
Meanwhile at OP's house:

Original post by PrinceHarrys
Post your 10/10s

Aight

Spoiler

They all building up their fanbase so #Kanye2020 will happen... We gotta band together to stop this before it actually happens, from the US they are gonna take over the world

If Kanye ran in the current election against Trump and Hillary I'd vote for him tbf. If we assume this election is setting the standard for the next one or two then I wholeheartedly welcome #Kanye2020
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Aight

Spoiler

If Kanye ran in the current election against Trump and Hillary I'd vote for him tbf. If we assume this election is setting the standard for the next one or two then I wholeheartedly welcome #Kanye2020

Lol Are you American? And nah, I think Kanye will be a horrible president. But if he gives everyone free yeezys, now we're talking... xD
Lol Are you American? And nah, I think Kanye will be a horrible president. But if he gives everyone free yeezys, now we're talking... xD

I am not American, fortunately.
Original post by Little Popcorns
dodge the question with a geek triggered meme then...

Also the answer of all answers that will answer your question and fill the cavity in your brain behind the bit that you play computer games with:

- air brushing/ editing: question is my friend did you ever meet a celebrity lady in real life up close face to face either at any point in history or in the present day?

- more plastic surgery: for example Jennifer Aniston had a nose job and doesn't have that nose anymore

- other ****: fake tan, contacts, hair products, more fake **** to make yourself look 'better' (fake)

- you're biased to the trends of your time therefore you look at the women from the past and you're like errr why the heck is she wearing that it's really unflattering... tell that to the men of that day

Pretty much this. A LOT of celebrities get plastic surgery these days: nose jobs, eyebrow lifts etc.
Original post by Little Popcorns
dodge the question with a geek triggered meme then...

Also the answer of all answers that will answer your question and fill the cavity in your brain behind the bit that you play computer games with:

- air brushing/ editing: question is my friend did you ever meet a celebrity lady in real life up close face to face either at any point in history or in the present day?

- more plastic surgery: for example Jennifer Aniston had a nose job and doesn't have that nose anymore

- other ****: fake tan, contacts, hair products, more fake **** to make yourself look 'better' (fake)

- you're biased to the trends of your time therefore you look at the women from the past and you're like errr why the heck is she wearing that it's really unflattering... tell that to the men of that day

Point proven. Calm down, its just a TSR thread. :rolleyes:
I actually think celebrities in hollywood in the older days look better. They dont have as much access to plastic surgery,botox,lip injection, shaved chins etc. So most of the beauties in hollywood were general beauties

Vivien leigh

Elizabeth Taylor

Audrey Hepburn

Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe had facial surgery though, on her chin and nose.

I love figures from Hollywoods golden era, but I don't really get Marilyn. She couldn't act for ****. I think if she lives to a ripe old age and we all saw her age, she wouldn't have become the icon she is today.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Marilyn Monroe had facial surgery though, on her chin and nose.

I love figures from Hollywoods golden era, but I don't really get Marilyn. She couldn't act for ****. I think if she lives to a ripe old age and we all saw her age, she wouldn't have become the icon she is today.

I feel bad for Marilyn for her life but I think I agree with her crap acting skills
Elizabeth Taylor. Without photoshop:

One of the most gorgeous women of all time.
I actually think that celebrities looked better in the 'older' days. Less photoshop, less surgery, less Instagrammed nonsense. It was much more natural. I think mainstream celebs look a bit scary/unnatural these days, with horrid trout pout lips and over-processed, doctored selfies

Quick Reply

Latest