The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AenigmaFx
Did anyone else that applied to CS get asked to apply for their virtual events by someone?

Yeah me too
Original post by tarmangue
Has anyone heard from M&G after the video interview?

Nothing yet. Submitted about 2 weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone who has done the RBC first round interview please PM with some help, would really appreciate it!
Original post by miyavvii
I have been told by CS that I had a duplicate account, when I do not. So I replied them to clarify.
It has been a couple of weeks and I have heard nothing back, what do you guys recommend?

I had the same problem. I waited 4 weeks for the problem to solve itself but nothing happened. So I lost all hope and complained vehemently about the process in the feedback section, which you can open in the application portal to evaluate the application process.

Surprising outcome: on the next day, they sent me the invite to the tests and last week I got invited to first round interviews.
I am slightly confused as to why the initial stage of the Barclays application process does not ask for a CV or CL, or any competency style questions at all?
Original post by volatilityskew2
anyone heard back from blackrock yet?

Still waiting as well.

Which division did you apply ?
JPM Market Summer AC invite.
Original post by winchester21
I had the same problem. I waited 4 weeks for the problem to solve itself but nothing happened. So I lost all hope and complained vehemently about the process in the feedback section, which you can open in the application portal to evaluate the application process.

Surprising outcome: on the next day, they sent me the invite to the tests and last week I got invited to first round interviews.

that's great news dude, hope everything goes smoothly

i have actually done the tests, prior to the duplicate account issue. would you suggest that i go a feedback instead of waiting? it has been weeks. cheers
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
I am slightly confused as to why the initial stage of the Barclays application process does not ask for a CV or CL, or any competency style questions at all?

They do blind recruitment. Your ability is based solely on the tests that follow. They ask for all this **** much later in the process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4329
Citi "networking event" at my uni. Anyone been to one and know format?
UBS AC Trading Places - Usher
Original post by Townsend94
Anyone some last minute insights on HSBC Global Markets AC?

yes, a lot of people are

Do you know how far people have got? What companies have started interviewing? I have gone through the thread but havent seen anything so far
Original post by winchester21

is it for IBD? What was first round like? Perhaps, they changed the process, last year they didn't have first round, just straight to AC
Baml AC Invite.
what is your GS summer IBD status like? Mine is still "application received", when they will start to review?
How is HSBC first round interview for IBD? I've done DB, Citi, BNP(video), Gleacher.
had a 3rd round ms itw today. crossing fingers for AC :/
Original post by savonarollla

MS do third rounds? was this for IBD? i thought after second round it is straight to AC
Original post by Numerodos
How is HSBC first round interview for IBD? I've done DB, Citi, BNP(video), Gleacher.

PM me tomorrow
Original post by savonarollla

Haven't you accepted that citi offer?

Quick Reply

Latest