The Student Room Group

Hate clubbing, anyone agree?

Scroll to see replies

I tried to go clubbing a few times, didn't last 10 minutes. I have no intention of ever going to these drunken mosh-pit parties for the desperate. I found watching teletubbies as an adult far less painful.

I couldn't talk with anyone there, I couldn't think either and that told me everything I needed to know about clubbing.
Original post by Conkerr
I hate it too. I follow sometimes but I hate parties that end up in a night club. It's too loud you can't talk, the drinks are overpriced, the music sucks, most people there are not interesting.

It definitely does help if you like the music. There are specific types of clubnights for different types of music. You're going to get the obvious house/rnb/hiphop/charts or w/e but there's some alternative stuff as well if you look out for it.

Original post by sleepysnooze
why not dance drunk at home

Come on, getting drunk at any other point than to lower your social inhibitions is just quite stupid really. And you can dance sober at home.
Original post by Gatewaymerge
Come on, getting drunk at any other point than to lower your social inhibitions is just quite stupid really. And you can dance sober at home.

no you said alcohol was so you could enjoy dancing
if you aren't trying to pull, why are you trying to lower your social inhibitions?
I've never been clubbing, but it doesn't really appeal to me at all. I much prefer a few drinks in a pub or at a bar where I can actually chat with the people I'm with. That being said, I would go every now and then if the music was good that night and the drinks were reasonably priced
(edited 7 years ago)
It definitely does help if you like the music. There are specific types of clubnights for different types of music. You're going to get the obvious house/rnb/hiphop/charts or w/e but there's some alternative stuff as well if you look out for it.

I like the music in most clubs. But I can just listen to music at home and dance in my room if I wanted to.
Reply 25
Original post by sleepysnooze
no you said alcohol was so you could enjoy dancing
if you aren't trying to pull, why are you trying to lower your social inhibitions?

Because dancing with other people can be fun, even if you don't want to shag them?

Either that or just to be able to let go and have a laugh with your mates without feeling embarrassed about other people seeing.
Reply 26
Don't forget the girls who scream rape. They're the worst.
Original post by Dheorl
Because dancing with other people can be fun, even if you don't want to shag them?

Either that or just to be able to let go and have a laugh with your mates without feeling embarrassed about other people seeing.

you're optimistic
You are an introvert.

Clubs are terrible these days, and the fact that alcohol is involved makes it worse, seriously I don't know why I'd being going along with that ****, people spend +£100 on it too lol, I just think what a bunch of mugs lol, it's not even a nice drug anyway, just ends up in fights, people acting like idiots, and the pop music adds to why it's terrible, I think many don't know how to have an actual good night, like getting so drunk that you end up in hospital because you got in a fight lol, I don't mind a bit of alcohol, but there's this trend that people are to go out and just get wasted. The only thing I like about alcohol is that sometimes people can be real with each other. Drunks are obnoxious and violent, I actually think alcohol would be better off being illegal and replaced with weed or something that didn't cause trouble and is actually good. You wouldn't be having this *****y experience if you were at a festival and they were rolling.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have to be in the right mood for clubbing, I'm either really, really up for it or not at all. I'm kind of getting a bit bored with it now, I'd rather just chill in a pub or something.
Original post by bones-mccoy
I have to be in the right mood for clubbing, I'm either really, really up for it or not at all. I'm kind of getting a bit bored with it now, I'd rather just chill in a pub or something.

What do you do about the guys that approach you there? Doesn't it get annoying?
Original post by Anonymous
What do you do about the guys that approach you there? Doesn't it get annoying?

Yep, it's annoying! If I'm with my male friends they kind of give off the "stay away" vibe anyway, whereas my female friends make a dance circle and block creepy guys out so they're eventually forced to leave hahaha.
If you dont like it then errmmm dont go.... Leave it for those who do enjoy it.

This was the big difference for me between liking or not liking clubbing.

I find a lot of mainstream clubs really irritating, where they play charts and rnb stuff, have a dj randomly hollering every few seconds and are full of tooled up guys wanting to fight.

But other clubs that have a specific music genre theme are great, it's like listening to your favourite music but instead of being at home, having the space to dance and the atmosphere of a club with others around there. It's kind of like going to a gig or festival, just a different type of music-based activity.
it doesn't attract me either, i'd rather go out to a cafe or restaurant with a friend, not clubbing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clubbing is ONLY good if there's nice music there, that way at least you can focus on dancing. Even when you're trying to pull, it's better if there is nice music which would make you enjoy yourself and be more confident. I find that a few friendships have been struck up by dancing with strangers when the music has been great.
Reply 36
I hated clubbing in my first year of uni! I didn't really drink, and I always wanted to go home early. However, I've recently found that going with the right people at a place where you feel comfortable and enjoy the atmosphere made all the difference.

I don't go out that much, but when I do go out, I make sure I'm with the right people :smile:
Yep, it's annoying! If I'm with my male friends they kind of give off the "stay away" vibe anyway, whereas my female friends make a dance circle and block creepy guys out so they're eventually forced to leave hahaha.

isn't there the perceived idea that everyone that goes clubbing is there to pull, or are most girls just there to have fun with their friends?
Original post by Anonymous
isn't there the perceived idea that everyone that goes clubbing is there to pull, or are most girls just there to have fun with their friends?

I have literally never gone clubbing to pull
Reply 39
I have literally never gone clubbing to pull

u would if i were there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending