The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PostGrad221
Through to the FSAC! Hopefully I won't mess this up now.

Were you fast tracked through via a scheme or because of reasonable adjustments related to disability?

Otherwise, if you got confirmation of passing the online tests, there would still be the e-tray and video interview to do.
Original post by hodgey111
Congratulations! Prepare to be bombarded by similar quotes and questions, but when did you apply and when did you receive your results?

Original post by Eboracum7
Were you fast tracked through via a scheme or because of reasonable adjustments related to disability? Otherwise, if you got confirmation of passing the online tests, there would still be the e-tray and video interview to do.

I was on the Fast Stream Internship over the summer and got fast tracked to the AC.
(edited 7 years ago)
I was on the Fast Stream Internship over the summer and got fast tracked to the AC.

I see, that makes sense. Well done and good luck at the assessment centre :smile:
Reply 263
Hi everyone! I've just completed my situational/behavioural assessments, disappointed to find out here that it might be a while before we all get our results. Was I the only one who weirdly enjoyed them? It was a bit like doing a (very intense) Buzzfeed quiz.

Oh, and I'm applying for: 1. Generalist; 2. Houses of Parliament; 3. Government Communication Service.
Original post by dav-s-h
Hi everyone! I've just completed my situational/behavioural assessments, disappointed to find out here that it might be a while before we all get our results. Was I the only one who weirdly enjoyed them? It was a bit like doing a (very intense) Buzzfeed quiz.

Oh, and I'm applying for: 1. Generalist; 2. Houses of Parliament; 3. Government Communication Service.

I have no idea how you can enjoy them, SJT maybe but the behavioural one almost made me not want to work in the civil service!

I keep seeing adverts for recruitment on facebook, so I feel like they're doing one last push for applications before setting the pass/fail marks. I would guess next week for results.
Not been here for a while :smile:
I'm going to apply next month I think. The SJT and behavioural tests sound interesting. I wonder if it's also a way of assigning people to a specific branch if they have put down for multiple streams/options, allocating people to differrent departments bsed on how suited they might be to different jobs.

Think i'll go:
1. Diplomatic
2. Generalist
3. Project Delivery
4. Operational Research Service

I use to be a broker in the city for Marsh and McClennan so hoping that will help me with my diplomacy application. Anyone know to what degree they consider previous work experience when selecting new recruits?
(edited 7 years ago)
I have till 12.35 this afternoon to complete the two tests. Can I ask how long they take to complete?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerwizard
I have till 12.35 this afternoon to complete the two tests. Can I ask how long they take to complete?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No longer than an hour together
Original post by whyamianadult
No longer than an hour together

SJT wasn't too bad, the minister reshuffle/policy lines question was the hardest!
Original post by gingerwizard
SJT wasn't too bad, the minister reshuffle/policy lines question was the hardest!

Ahh yes I remember that! I thought the SJT was reasonable, behavioural test on the other hand I had no idea what they were looking for..
I am still in my behavioral test at the moment, about a quarter of away through but my test times out in less than 20 minutes, well expires. I assume because I have started my final assessment, it won't matter that the link would of expired as I am already in the test.
I don't think I have ever checked my inbox so much! :sigh:
In any case, nothing on my end just yet; I just hope that I at least get to the same point as last year, as I flunked it at the assessment center and I have hopefully improved on that end of things! If it helps, I am hoping to get on the European Streams.

Congratulations!! Would very much welcome any tips for the second and third parts of the online assessment. But, seriously, well done you that's brilliant :smile:
Original post by DannyM25

I use to be a broker in the city for Marsh and McClennan so hoping that will help me with my diplomacy application. Anyone know to what degree they consider previous work experience when selecting new recruits?

I don't know to what degree they consider work experience but I do know that it is only considered either at the Assessment Centre or afterwards. Bit annoying for me as well as I studied Arabic and French and regional Security Studies so I feel like I want them to know that!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Work experience is really useful at FSAC stage, or that is what I found last year. Particularly during the interview. Now there is a video interview instead you should get to sell that at an earlier point.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. It stretches and tests you in areas you never imagined it would.
Guys I keep checking this threat in the hope to see 'Just heard back from Civil Service....!'.... someone please put me out of my misery

What fast stream internship were you on?
I was on Government Social Research in Department for Education and I haven't been fast tracked :frown:
Original post by ABBIE09
I was on Government Social Research in Department for Education and I haven't been fast tracked :frown:

I answered my own questionimage.png
Original post by ABBIE09

I'm in same boat as you I was on that scheme but in department for communities and local government but we don't get fast tracked on analytical schemes :frown: I'm applying for a generalist role though not analytical

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just wondering what the actual registration process entailed (before the questionnaires) - do you upload a CV or fill out a form of sorts? Should I be asking my part-time work manager for a reference before I begin the process? I do not want to start something I cannot finish! Thanks all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest