The Student Room Group

Don't like kissing.

I don't like kissing, I just don't get the appeal of lips on lips. How come everyone likes it but I don't? I don't like the risk of catching viruses either (hsv etc). My past bf couldn't get turned on without kissing in bed. Can anyone explain how kissing is a turn on or is it just kind of automatic for you?
it's just cute .-.
Because it gets you horny :h:
Reply 3
Can I just take the opportunity to state that you will only be able to catch HSV-1 from kissing (oral herpes) and it's most likely if they have an outbreak, but it's not really infectious when there are no symptoms present. Then again, HSV is mostly asymptomatic so you may have it already, and it's really not a big deal, it's just a cold sore!
Reply 4
A bit gross in concept but heavenly in reality. I was quite surprised the first time. Kissing a girl you fancy is the most soft and heady experience.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't like kissing, I just don't get the appeal of lips on lips. How come everyone likes it but I don't? I don't like the risk of catching viruses either (hsv etc). My past bf couldn't get turned on without kissing in bed. Can anyone explain how kissing is a turn on or is it just kind of automatic for you?

Automatic i guess but you also have to be a good kisser to really get into it if shes a bad kisser you would turn her on more than her turning you on
Reply 6
Original post by Gogregg
Can I just take the opportunity to state that you will only be able to catch HSV-1 from kissing (oral herpes) and it's most likely if they have an outbreak, but it's not really infectious when there are no symptoms present. Then again, HSV is mostly asymptomatic so you may have it already, and it's really not a big deal, it's just a cold sore!

Yea but that's what my last bf said .. it's just a cold sore. He wanted to kiss my lips and down below with a cold sore and with me never having had them why take the risk when you can wait a few days till it's healed. I may well have the virus but I don't know for sure I might not have it too. Yes you can catch many things asymptomatically but that doesn't mean risks should be taken when there's an obvious cold sore. When there's no symptoms fine, life has to be lived you can't avoid everything. The thing is though if they have the virus women can get outbreaks frequently with changes in hormones etc. You do have to take risks in life but it's about being sensible. Though I do tend to be on the more cautious side of the scale lol.
Reply 7
Yea but that's what my last bf said .. it's just a cold sore. He wanted to kiss my lips and down below with a cold sore and with me never having had them why take the risk when you can wait a few days till it's healed. I may well have the virus but I don't know for sure I might not have it too. Yes you can catch many things asymptomatically but that doesn't mean risks should be taken when there's an obvious cold sore. When there's no symptoms fine, life has to be lived you can't avoid everything. The thing is though if they have the virus women can get outbreaks frequently with changes in hormones etc. You do have to take risks in life but it's about being sensible. Though I do tend to be on the more cautious side of the scale lol.

I want saying you should kiss people if they have a cold sore, if they do, then definitely abstain!
I think there are so many other things which you are at much greater risk of contracting which would also be much worse than herpes.
Herpes has definitely been stigmatised much more than most diseases, it really isn't all that much of an issue!
I'm with you on that one. I do it any way but I would rather not. I don't like foreplay in general and would avoid it but I'm told that women don't work that way.
My girlfriend and I peck each other on the lips; no further. When we originally got together we tried the whole "snogging" thing quite a few times but neither of us enjoyed it so we never do that.
Sounds odd to me. I love kissing. I find it to be incredibly intimate. :heart:

You are missing out.
Kissing is the best thing ever.
I love to kiss like the Japanese, tongue to tongue :biggrin:.
The thing is nothing to do with 'love' or sex turns me on. The only things are if someone i fancy touches my back (say massage etc) or if i hear certain words said. I guess im a bit kinky but dont know why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending