The Student Room Group

History of Art - 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

We have just around a week to put together our UCAS applications for the Oxbridge deadline! Is anyone ready?
Original post by ErinEloise
Is anyone applying to do History of Art next year at Sussex, Exeter, York, Birmingham or Leicester?

I've applied to York! It's lovely there and both the university and the town itself seem great :smile:
Original post by MyParrotsandMe
We have just around a week to put together our UCAS applications for the Oxbridge deadline! Is anyone ready?

I've just sent off my ucas application. Although I'm glad it's out the way, it's also quite scary! Have you got your two pieces ready to send them?
Original post by sophieaxon
I've just sent off my ucas application. Although I'm glad it's out the way, it's also quite scary! Have you got your two pieces ready to send them?

Nice! I'm just doing a final review on my personal statement, and I'll probably be sending it off in the middle of next week. I'm working on my written response right now! Good luck for your application :smile:
Original post by roselondon2
Exeter and birmingham here! 😊

Sussex, Birmingham and Leicester!
Reply 25
Original post by ellenhayward
Sussex, Birmingham and Leicester!

Ooh which is your first choice or have you not decided?
My first choice is actually Manchester! Then Warwick, Sussex, Birmingham then Leicester :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by ellenhayward
My first choice is actually Mancohester! Then Warwick, Sussex, Birmingham then Leicester :smile:

Nice, Sussex is my first choice even though Exeter has higher grades but Leicester is also my fifth :biggrin:
Nice, Sussex is my first choice even though Exeter has higher grades but Leicester is also my fifth :biggrin:

Brighton where sussex uni is based is a really good student city 👌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone sent off their application yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by LillyB14
Brighton where sussex uni is based is a really good student city 👌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've heard it's a great city for students. I visited it a couple of weeks ago and it was so lovely!

In response to your other comment, I applied last Thursday for English and Art History joint honours:smile:
Yeah I've heard it's a great city for students. I visited it a couple of weeks ago and it was so lovely!

In response to your other comment, I applied last Thursday for English and Art History joint honours:smile:

Do you know if it makes a difference how early we get our applications in -as long its before the deadline obviously ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Do you know if it makes a difference how early we get our applications in -as long its before the deadline obviously ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it slightly differs in the sense that the quicker you get it in the more likely you are to get in because most courses have restricted numbers. For example, Sussex usually have around 40 places so they might ru out of slots closer to the deadline. For that reason I'd recommend getting in as soon as possible, but make sure you're personal statement is strong enough first, and definitely send it off by Christmas so it's out of the way :smile:
I think it slightly differs in the sense that the quicker you get it in the more likely you are to get in because most courses have restricted numbers. For example, Sussex usually have around 40 places so they might ru out of slots closer to the deadline. For that reason I'd recommend getting in as soon as possible, but make sure you're personal statement is strong enough first, and definitely send it off by Christmas so it's out of the way :smile:

Ah okay thanks. I've just got to pick my 5th anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Ah okay thanks. I've just got to pick my 5th anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem, and good luck! I'm sure you'll finish it in plenty of time :biggrin:
I sent off my application on Wednesday, and I've received all my acknowledgement emails now. I've been obsessed with checking my email :s-smilie:
I sent off my application on Wednesday, and I've received all my acknowledgement emails now. I've been obsessed with checking my email :s-smilie:

🙈Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
🙈Where did you apply?

UCL, Durham, Oxford and Edinburgh. I want at least one offer before Christmas to put me at ease but that's not how it works ://

And btw, depending on the uni you apply to, they give out offers differently. For example, if the course isn't that popular, they just give out offers as they get them. For more competitive courses, they might wait until all the applications are in, or they may stagger the offers. They wait until they have a group, give out offers to those they think are suitable, and wait until they have the next group of applications. So don't worry if you send it in a little bit closer to the deadline!

I've also applied for English and Art History joint honours!! Didn't think I'd find anyone who'd picked it haha
Reply 39

I sent mine off last Thursday and I've been checking my email every 10 minutes😂 Hold tight, I'm sure you'll get offers soon!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending