The Student Room Group

Is it weird for a 24 year old indian girl to date a 40 year old white man?

I'm talking about a silver fox with a fat wallet? :curious:

Spoiler

Let your freak flag fly, girl! You're old enough to make your own decisions.
Reply 2
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Let your freak flag fly, girl! You're old enough to make your own decisions.

I'm a bit younger than 24, not saying my real age on here though.

But I'm worried if I get to know someone significantly older than me they may just be some kind of kiddy-fiddler :s-smilie: using me as the "next best thing"...

Then again, I'm not really a stupid girl so I think I could suss out there intention before it gets that far.
Reply 3
Age gaps get less significant after 20 something anyway.

But if you were serious in your first post...

Original post by Anonymous
I'm a bit younger than 24, not saying my real age on here though.

But I'm worried if I get to know someone significantly older than me they may just be some kind of kiddy-fiddler :s-smilie: using me as the "next best thing"...

Then again, I'm not really a stupid girl so I think I could suss out there intention before it gets that far.

Don't worry about it. You do you and date whoever you want. People will judge, but they'll judge regardless of what you do.
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
Age gaps get less significant after 20 something anyway.

But if you were serious in your first post...

I don't know how serious I am about my first post, I mean I grew up in a conservative (indian) family and I was taught to work hard for everything, then the other day I had a guy telling me he could get me a position in this scheme (just because I think he likes me a little...) and it was the first time I realised how easy life could be when you have a man falling at your feet...

I'm obviously not being totally serious! (just a little tad bit)

I am attracted to men older than myself and I would totally be looking for a relationship, so even if he did think he was going to use me it wouldn't work out in his favour I presume.
You're adults, do as you please (usual exceptions holding).
what do you have in common with this dude
Reply 8
Original post by ByronicHero
You're adults, do as you please (usual exceptions holding).

wow, so surprisingly acceptable...
Reply 9
accepting*
accepting*

wow, so surprisingly acceptable...

Perhaps. People who care so much about who other people are getting naked in front of strike me as rather peculiar. If you're 24, take control of your life and do what makes you happy. Certainly don't ask a group of teenagers that they think is acceptable!
It's fine as you are an adult but why would you want to date an old geezer who's likely been around the block when you can have a fit young man. He is at a different stage of life than you.
if he doesnt give you money then yea that's ****ed
he's old enough to damn near take care of you so I would expect him to like move you in within 2 mths of dating and that...
Are you going to take his money then leave, you know like reverse gender dowry?
Reply 14
if you're ok with it then thats all that matters

i've always preferred older men too. used to date guys in their 30s when i was only 20 so i don't find it weird at all
Do whatever makes you happy. Don't listen to the negative comments. :smile:
You can't tar every older guy with the same brush. If you like him, go for it. If you spent all your time worrying about what other people thought, you'd never be able to do anything.
40's fine until you go under 15 years old. then it's weird
Yes my aunt married a 26 year old when she was 39/40 they are still together now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending