The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got a conditional offer (AAB for law) from Surrey less than a day after my application went which was an insanely quick turnaround - amazingly happy though 😊
Got an ABB Music offer from Royal Holloway - sent mine off on Wednesday! Pretty snappy
Original post by AngB89
What subjects?

Primary education/early childhood studies
Has anyone got anything from Loughborough or Bristol yet for engineering degrees?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So the 2017 UCAS cycle is now on us! At the moment a lot of us are in the middle of having a mental breakdown of how hard Year 13 is, writing our personal statements, pestering/bribing our teachers for our predicted grades and some of us are just weeks away from sending our applications off!:biggrin:

^Current mood

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)?

Opening UCAS and seeing you got an offer like ^

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking their time with their offers and causing a mini panic ?

What life feels like when you have all your offers apart from that one uni you really want to go to ^

List of unis giving offers down below!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for le inspiration @thecatwithnohat
So far I have an offer from Warwick which came about a week after I applied
Original post by iman305
Has Anyone got any law offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer from Surrey, but only acknowledgement from oxford, QMUL - nothing from UCL and KCL yet!! x
So far I've had offers from Birmingham, Nottingham and UEA which all came this week and I'd sent my application last week :smile:
HAS ANYONE GOT OFFERS FOR EITHER OXFORD/IMPERIAL (obviously not yet) KINGS (for maths) and UCL LSE (Maths/Econ)???

Sent mine off 30th of September with all As and AS and 99% average in fmaths modules and havent got any while people in my school are getting unconditional offers from elsewhere just makes me feel rlly bad of myselfㅁ😭
Yay my application is up and running!!!! Anyone heard of anyone getting offers over the weekend?? can't stop refreshing my page lmao
Original post by 17lina
HAS ANYONE GOT OFFERS FOR EITHER OXFORD/IMPERIAL (obviously not yet) KINGS (for maths) and UCL LSE (Maths/Econ)???

Sent mine off 30th of September with all As and AS and 99% average in fmaths modules and havent got any while people in my school are getting unconditional offers from elsewhere just makes me feel rlly bad of myselfㅁ😭

Don't feel bad!! You've literally applied to the most competitive uni's who are obviously gonna take longer to consider your application - with those grades you'll definitely get an offer, so chill!!! :smile:
Original post by AJP98
Wales:smile:

Whereabouts? I've got my heart set on Swansea and also applied to Aberystwyth!
Reply 1271
Oh I'm from the North, nearer to Bangor but not that close, I am literally avoiding Wales like the plague. As soon as I finish school, I'm running away to somewhere that isn't full of racism, sheep and rumours!

Original post by ImagineCats
Whereabouts? I've got my heart set on Swansea and also applied to Aberystwyth!
Original post by espicton98
Have you had an acknowledgement email from Leeds? I applied two days ago and haven't received a welcome email or anything as of yet.

Nothing from Leeds, did have Northampton tonight though! :smile:
Original post by AJP98
Oh I'm from the North, nearer to Bangor but not that close, I am literally avoiding Wales like the plague. As soon as I finish school, I'm running away to somewhere that isn't full of racism, sheep and rumours!

My sister went to Cardiff and all her north welsh friends said the same thing! One girl had to move unis to leave the rumors bc even though moving down south was away from north, everyone still knew her :s-smilie:
Original post by Vogue2000
Sent my UCAS off last Friday, got unconditional from UoBirmingham today to do Modern Languages and Music so I think they're pretty quick!

When did you receive your offer? Sent my application 12 days ago for Modern Languages and English at Birmingham and have had nothing :frown:
Do offers EVER come over the weekend or is it absolutely never because most admissions people don't work on the weekends?
Reply 1276
Rumours yn gymraeg! It's the way of life here, it's terrible. Everyone knows everyone, like, you can't go out without knowing almost everyone you pass, as well as their whole life history hahaha
Original post by ImagineCats
My sister went to Cardiff and all her north welsh friends said the same thing! One girl had to move unis to leave the rumors bc even though moving down south was away from north, everyone still knew her :s-smilie:
So man you of my friends have offers already. I've applied for medicine so I have a long wait :frown:
Original post by AJP98

Ahahaha I've visited Wales several times, but always thought that was just a stereotype... Apart from the fact you do have more sheep than humans :tongue:
Sent off my UCAS application on Wednesday 😁 I thought I would feel relieved but I feel more anxious than ever!
Kings - PPE
Oxford - PPE
Exeter - PPE
Kings - War studies
I have been predicted A*AA but still don't know if that will be good enough!
I heard Exeter and Kings take forever to get back, is this true? Has anyone been invited for an interview at Kings yet?
Congrats to all you offer holders!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending