The Student Room Group

HELP. My school isn't doing the UKMT and I can't find a place to sit it.

I've already emailed 3 other schools to see if they are running it but none of them are running it!!! I really want to enter it however I just can't find anywhere. What do you guys think the best thing to do here? Do universities run it? Should I just spam emails to every single school in my area??? Even if someone is running it will they let someone not in their school come??
Original post by XxXmlgmath420XxX
I've already emailed 3 other schools to see if they are running it but none of them are running it!!! I really want to enter it however I just can't find anywhere. What do you guys think the best thing to do here? Do universities run it? Should I just spam emails to every single school in my area??? Even if someone is running it will they let someone not in their school come??

I don't think I can help you find a place to sit the maths challenge but I should point out that if you're doing it to get into olympiads etc. you can always pay a small fee to sit BMO1 and go from there.

But make sure that if you decide to pay to sit it, your school actually enters you instead of forgetting and then telling you that it's too late to enter a week later... (:mad:)
You can pay to get into BMO1?? Sick thats just what I needed. Last year I managed to get into BMO1 but only just lost out on getting a distinction by 1 point.

And wow the organization at your school must have sucked, I would be so pissed if I couldn't do the UKMT because of a reason like that :rip:
Original post by XxXmlgmath420XxX
You can pay to get into BMO1?? Sick thats just what I needed. Last year I managed to get into BMO1 but only just lost out on getting a distinction by 1 point.

And wow the organization at your school must have sucked, I would be so pissed if I couldn't do the UKMT because of a reason like that :rip:

Yeah I was pretty damn annoyed seeing as that was my one and only chance to try and olympiad in my life... I missed out on the BMO1 threshold due to silly mistakes, so I got all the later questions correct but messed up Qs like 3, 6, 8 or something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest