The Student Room Group

GCSE English

Due to English not being my main language I found it very hard during GCSE and I achieved a C in GCSE English Language and a B at GCSE Maths. Some of the Universities i want to apply for require a B for both English and Maths, will I still be able to get a offer if i achieve the required A-level grades? Do Universities really look at your GCSE grades heavily? its just I didn't do very good at GCSE but at A-level i am predicted AAB, would they still consider me or just automatically reject me?
Reply 1
Original post by alhrona
Due to English not being my main language I found it very hard during GCSE and I achieved a C in GCSE English Language and a B at GCSE Maths. Some of the Universities i want to apply for require a B for both English and Maths, will I still be able to get a offer if i achieve the required A-level grades? Do Universities really look at your GCSE grades heavily? its just I didn't do very good at GCSE but at A-level i am predicted AAB, would they still consider me or just automatically reject me?

Universities tend to be strict with any GCSE minimum requirements they have specified.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Universities tend to be strict with any GCSE minimum requirements they have specified.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying , its just i really wanted to get into one of the Russel Group Universities to do Accounting and Finance.
Reply 3
Original post by alhrona
Thanks for replying , its just i really wanted to get into one of the Russel Group Universities to do Accounting and Finance.

Why RG? Just find a course that meets your requirements.

The RG bit is irrelevant. There are plenty of excellent universities that are not in the RG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
Why RG? Just find a course that meets your requirements.

The RG bit is irrelevant. There are plenty of excellent universities that are not in the RG.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thanks for the advice

Quick Reply