The Student Room Group

Does anyone else almost wish they lived forever...

...just to be able to be there when/if humanity finally finds the answers to questions such as exactly what there was before the Big Bang, what's inside a black hole, even uncovering all of the secrets of the mind? Maybe being able to see what happened at the end of the universe?

And then, of course, I remind myself that I will never find out the answer to any of these questions.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Not really. It would get incredibly lonely because everyone who gets attached to you would die before you all the time, then you'd have to find new best friends and then they'll die and then the carries on.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Not really. It would get incredibly lonely because everyone who gets attached to you would die before you all the time, then you'd have to find new best friends and then they'll die and then the carries on.

This is why in reality, I most likely wouldn't opt for immortality if I was offered it. But if I could somehow just know everything (relevant) that would happen in the future, that might work..
Original post by TheOtherSide.
This is why in reality, I most likely wouldn't opt for immortality if I was offered it. But if I could somehow just know everything (relevant) that would happen in the future, that might work..

Maybe time travel instead would be better :tongue:
Maybe time travel instead would be better :tongue:

I've sort of convinced myself that time travel most likely doesn't exist (at least not in this dimension, if there is more than one - another question I could add to my list), or else I'm sure we'd have found people who've time traveled back.

Otherwise, I'm all up for it.

So, do you ever wish you had the knowledge of what would happen in the future?
I've sort of convinced myself that time travel most likely doesn't exist (at least not in this dimension, if there is more than one - another question I could add to my list), or else I'm sure we'd have found people who've time traveled back.

Otherwise, I'm all up for it.

So, do you ever wish you had the knowledge of what would happen in the future?

To an extent yes. I'm genuinely curious if there's going to be a zombie apocalypse in like 100 years or so. :tongue:
Couldn't imagine anything worse
Original post by FireFreezer77
Nope!
I wish I could end my life at times.
Feel l like I may be heading that way tonight :frown:

Please, please, please don't think like that. Please just hold out, because no matter how you might be feeling right now, things will get better. It's just a matter of time.

Just please don't.. :cry2:
To an extent yes. I'm genuinely curious if there's going to be a zombie apocalypse in like 100 years or so. :tongue:

Literally about to post that. Or a robot uprising!
Original post by SM6

Love the Walking Dead too much :colone:
Original post by SM6

Love the Walking Dead too much :colone:

Actually, it would be pretty cool finding out how the world itself would end up...
Original post by mrssheldoncooper
love the walking dead too much :e

yesss!! Season 7!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!
Reply 12
God no, live forever without my loved one. no thanks, not worth it
Please, please, please don't think like that. Please just hold out, because no matter how you might be feeling right now, things will get better. It's just a matter of time.

Just please don't.. :cry2:

It's hard not to I'm afraid :frown:
Things are getting worse though and i don't see them getting better anytime soon :cry2:

Too late
no tbh ive only lived 20 yrs so far and im pretty fed up, imagining living several thousand more
I feel the same, I'd definitely want to live forever, find out those answers for myself. See the inevitable heat death of the universe. About the part of people dying I honestly think I could get used to it. I'd obviously feel sad if the love of my life dies but then again who says I'm the only one who's allowed to be immortal? There is research being done into aging and possibly prolonging the life so it's not that far out of our reach.
Not really, despite the whole seeing your loved ones die i think the worst part would be being alive for all the bad stuff thats bound to come in the future such as wars etc
I'd like to, I'm curious as to what is going to happen.

I'm used to being lonely, and I'd have a long time to get over people's deaths.
I wish I could live forever. There's not going to be enough time to learn everything I would like to - especially regarding languages. And one of my main passions is fiction writing and I doubt I'll ever get all of my ideas down on paper.*
Reply 19
Forever?!?!?
I'd rather die tonight
Nopenopenope

Quick Reply

Latest