The Student Room Group

What is the worst/embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

Scroll to see replies

Writing that primates are good for incest control instead of insect control in one of my uni essays and not realising until my tutor left me a message saying "primates are good for incest control? Who would have thought!" we all laughed it off but I was mortified :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was pointing at something whilst talking to a guy I really fancied at the time and my phone flew out of my hand and hit a brick wall......
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

damnnnnnn :console:Chicken gotta take more care crossing dat road innit :tongue:

:lol:

It'd be just my lucky tripping over while crossing a road next time. :colonhash:
Reply 23
Wetting myself in school as a child, it was nearing the end of the day and I was bursting to go but trying to hold it in until I got home (because there was a rumour circulating around our school that there was a ghost in the girls toilets that used to kill anyone who was in there alone and of course, in my naive young mind I believed it :colondollar:) but the day was taking forever to end. i just had to wait another 5 or 10 minutes but couldn't so the pee came out and i left a big puddle in the middle of the floor then tried to slide away but one kid saw it and screamed out to everyone that i had wet myself. some kids laughed, some kids mocked me but some just carried on doing what they were doing. my teacher however was nice enough to tell everyone to stop and took me somewhere to change.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh, there was the time I confused a teacher for a student and asked them which subjects they were studying. :fyi:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
:lol:

It'd be just my luck tripping over while crossing a road next time. :colonhash:

:hugs: Same tbh XD
Reply 26
Oh, there was the time I confused a teacher for a student and asked them which subjects they were studying. :fyi:

Ahh we've all been there
Have you ever called your teacher 'Mum' at primary school?
Original post by ak143244
Ahh we've all been there
Have you ever called your teacher 'Mum' at primary school?

Surprisingly, no. :eek3:

And I can't forget about this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4154931
Reply 28
Original post by Allie4
Wetting myself in school as a child, it was nearing the end of the day and I was bursting to go but trying to hold it in until I got home (because there was a rumour circulating around our school that there was a ghost in the girls toilets that used to kill anyone who was in there alone and of course, in my naive young mind I believed it :colondollar:) but the day was taking forever to end. i just had to wait another 5 or 10 minutes but couldn't so the pee came out and i left a big puddle in the middle of the floor then tried to slide away but one kid saw it and screamed out to everyone that i had wet myself. some kids laughed, some kids mocked me but some just carried on doing what they were doing. my teacher however was nice enough to tell everyone to stop and took me somewhere to change.

That's very nice of the teacher.
If that was me, I'd go toilet, forget the ghost. Lol
Reply 29
That's very nice of the teacher.
If that was me, I'd go toilet, forget the ghost. Lol

you have no idea how cowardly i was as a child. it was pathetic if i say so myself
Reply 30
Surprisingly, no. :eek3:

And I can't forget about this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4154931

Hahha
Have you ever pushed a door that said pull? You MUST have done that.

Original post by Allie4
you have no idea how cowardly i was as a child. it was pathetic if i say so myself

Oh okay. Past is the past right? Just gotta laugh those moments off and focus on the future. :smile:
Hahha
Have you ever pushed a door that said pull? You MUST have done that.

95% sure I have. :emo:

I wouldn't be surprised if I tried to pull a door that said push as well. :rofl:
Accidentally knocking my glasses off my face in public. Still happens occasionally but I tend to wear contacts most of the time now so no one sees. :tongue:
Reply 33
95% sure I have. :emo:

I wouldn't be surprised if I tried to pull a door that said push as well. :rofl:

Hey I've done that tooo

Haha, I wish doors could open both ways. Wouldn't have that problem then.
Hey I've done that tooo

Haha, I wish doors could open both ways. Wouldn't have that problem then.

I SO need to install those kinds of doors when I have my own house, apartment.
Reply 35
Original post by sinfonietta
Accidentally knocking my glasses off my face in public. Still happens occasionally but I tend to wear contacts most of the time now so no one sees. :tongue:

Yeahhhhh. When you raise your hand but then your arm hits your glasses.
Don't wear glasses as much as I used to, so I don't have that problem anymore.
Reply 36
I SO need to install those kinds of doors when I have my own house, apartment.

Yeahhh
Automatic doors are the best ever
Not easily embarrassed tbf...

I'm clumsy though like I seem drunk when I'm sober however its not embarrassing though...

the worst thing that's ever happened to me was being temporarily homeless/sofa surfing.
Reply 38
Original post by 0to100
Not easily embarrassed tbf...

I'm clumsy though like I seem drunk when I'm sober however its not embarrassing though...

the worst thing that's ever happened to me was being temporarily homeless/sofa surfing.

Have you ever built a pillow fort? The word sofa reminds me of that, Idk why.
Reply 39
When I used to do AS business whenever I was late the teacher used to close the class room door because he knew I struggled opening it. This one day I was late and I was struggling for at least a minute to open this door . What made things worse is that some parts of the door had glass and everyone could see me . I managed to open the door and then the entire class started clapping for me. From that day onwards I Learnt if I can't open the door I should tell someone else to open it for me. A few days ago I tripped in maths while I was getting up. Ive had so many embarrassing moments .

Quick Reply

Latest