The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .......Jeff458

If you don't get interviewed don't be upset as Bristol is one of the most competitive I have seen for medicine with approximately 18 applications per place! !

Probably because, up to this year, Bristol did not require UKCAT. It does now so probably application numbers will slow down a bit.
Btw, if you get an interview, do you have to pay from your own money to make your way down to Bristol or do they reimburse you or what?
Original post by .......Jeff458
Btw, if you get an interview, do you have to pay from your own money to make your way down to Bristol or do they reimburse you or what?

All interviews (at any Uni) are at your expense - but if you are in financial difficulty : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/fees-funding/awards/travel-bursary/
Original post by returnmigrant
All interviews (at any Uni) are at your expense - but if you are in financial difficulty : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/fees-funding/awards/travel-bursary/

Oh cheese.

But I know oxbridge funds you -_-. Damn
Original post by Phantomx60
What are your stats (gcses, as results, volunteering etc...) ?

GCSE: 10A*/3A, AS: 5As, Predictions: A*A*AA, UKCAT: 810

Work experience: 2 hospital wards (one surgically one medical), GP, Hospice

Volunteering: A year at charity shop, a month with disabled children in Brazil, helped out in church

Kinda lacking on work experience side I think but quality not quantity guess! Wbu
Probably because, up to this year, Bristol did not require UKCAT. It does now so probably application numbers will slow down a bit.

Do you think Bristol will still have more applicants have HYMS
Original post by nu7
Do you think Bristol will still have more applicants have HYMS

How do you expect anyone to be able predict this ....?
How do you expect anyone to be able predict this ....?

You predicted something above ^, but okay.
When do Bristol start giving out interviews and pre interview rejections?
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
When do Bristol start giving out interviews and pre interview rejections?

Once the UKCAT scores are processed I assume. But it will be gradual process with invites not going out all in one lump.
And unless you simply dont meet the entry requirements, rejections will probably not go out until all interview places are filled, ie. New Year.
Does anyone know the scoring system for gcse's? Can't find it on the website. I got 5A*'s, 5A's and a C in french.
Please can someone tell me how Bristol give offers... is this solely based on interview performance or is the pre-interview score (70/20/10% of PS/academics/UKCAT) combined with the interview score to decide who to offer a place?

Thanks!
Original post by giraffe1234
Please can someone tell me how Bristol give offers... is this solely based on interview performance or is the pre-interview score (70/20/10% of PS/academics/UKCAT) combined with the interview score to decide who to offer a place?

Thanks!

interview performance only. They will have a cut off score.
How people in my school are getting offers for non-medicine subjects from Bristol already I am so jealous :frown:
I have also applied for Bristol! It's my risky choice but I hope all goes well. And I really am wondering how do they measure the PS?!
Reply 115
Do I stand a chance of an interview?6a* 4a gcse, BBBC AS with AAA prediction (c was in chemistry but still predicted an A)680 ukcat band 1Strong ps

Or would I have more chance at hull/Southampton
Original post by isabella1999
How people in my school are getting offers for non-medicine subjects from Bristol already I am so jealous :frown:

my friend got two offers less than one week after giving her application in for a non-med subject! I sympathise
Original post by marsbar3007
my friend got two offers less than one week after giving her application in for a non-med subject! I sympathise

It's hard to stop checking track even though I know UKCAT results don't get sent until November :frown:

Tough times
Original post by .........Jeff458
It's hard to stop checking track even though I know UKCAT results don't get sent until November :frown:

Tough times

Whaaaaat. November??
Original post by Emir Imran
Whaaaaat. November??

Yeah. Then they start sorting through applications so the EARLIEST you will be contacted for interview etc will be December. Then your interview can be between December and February. Then you got offered/rejected around March.

Tough life :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending