The Student Room Group

UEA A100 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HopelessMedic
Anyone know how much PBL there is at UEA?

There is one session a week but you are assigned a task to write about and a task to present the next week.

Your group's PBL notes are uploaded to a UEA portal and you can download these to revise from, since they cover the learning objectives for that week. I like this since I learn better independently as opposed to sitting in lectures. That said, (at least so far; I'm only in my third week) there are also lectures from about 9-4 on 3 out of 5 weekdays, with primary care placement or consultation skills on Thursday and anatomy on Wednesday, which is a half day.

Hope this helps.
Did anyone else get an email from UEA asking for more information?
Original post by Candy2511
Did anyone else get an email from UEA asking for more information?

nope!
what does your email say?
Original post by swopnil
nope!
what does your email say?

it asked me to fill in a fee status form.
Hey guys :biggrin:
Just dropping in to say hi, I applied here five mins ago, wanted to check out the crowd this year :smile:

Stats:
8A*s 2As at GCSE
Achieved A*AB in biology, chemistry and psychology respectively (resitting the B this year)
A in AS maths
UKCAT 705 average Band 2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Candy2511
it asked me to fill in a fee status form.

Oh! yeah go ahead and fill that in. It's just a standard thing that universities ask for if you said you are not UK national or something like that in UCAS. It's to determine if you will be a 'home' or 'international' student.

Original post by Millie-3
Just dropping in to say hi, I applied here five mins ago, wanted to check out the crowd this year :smile:

Stats:
8A*s 2As at GCSE
Achieved A*AB in biology, chemistry and psychology respectively (resitting the B this year)
A in AS maths
UKCAT 705 average Band 2

Not much of a crowd atm but Hi!
Original post by swopnil
Not much of a crowd atm but Hi!

Hey :biggrin: your form sent away? Where did you apply?

Stats:
8A*s 2As at GCSE
A in AS maths
UKCAT 705 average Band 2

I also resat from A*AB and I got into Norwich so there is def hope. Figured that was worth mentioning.
(edited 7 years ago)
Applied but haven't received an email acknowledging receipt of my application from UEA, is this the same for others?
Reply 69
Original post by MedSchoolHope4
Applied but haven't received an email acknowledging receipt of my application from UEA, is this the same for others?

I received mine the day after I sent it off :smile:
Hey :biggrin: your form sent away? Where did you apply?

Yup! And I have also applied to UCL, Bristol and St Georges.
I'm on a gap year too.

Same here
Original post by respiringmedic
I also resat from A*AB and I got into Norwich so there is def hope. Figured that was worth mentioning.

Thanks for letting me know! Its definitely appreciated since norwich is the one i know least about

Original post by swopnil
Yup! And I have also applied to UCL, Bristol and St Georges.
I'm on a gap year too.

Awesome schools all of them. I got to interviews with Bristol last year, its a good city
Awesome schools all of them. I got to interviews with Bristol last year, its a good city

Ikr. I was interviewed by Bristol last year too so it's my 2nd attempt with them. :P
Original post by swopnil
Ikr. I was interviewed by Bristol last year too so it's my 2nd attempt with them. :P

Oh no way! What was your interview date? (If you remember that is. I realise now that's it's weird I know what date mine was)
Oh no way! What was your interview date? (If you remember that is. I realise now that's it's weird I know what date mine was)

no, it's not weird. 17th Feb. why do you ask?
Original post by swopnil
no, it's not weird. 17th Feb. why do you ask?

Oh I was just wondering if we might have met. I was on the 26th of Jan, so no I guess

I've just spoken to our admissions department, they say you should receive one within 1-2 working days after applying. If you applied over the weekend you might not hear yet. However if you've waited any longer please check your spam and your email address as it could cause issues getting important information to you :smile:
Dropping by..

Applying with 630 UKCAT, 6 A* 5 A GCSE, 4A's at AS, A*AA Prediction. Hoping for the best :P
Does anybody know when UEA start giving interviews out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending