The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Hi, new to the thread.
Only applied last week/week before (late I know). If anyone could answer my questions I would be eternally grateful!!!
Whats the RBC interview like, 1st round. Got the invite today and not really sure what to expect?
I've got a passed notification from Citi, how soon should I hear back interview wise? I know they reject post pass sometimes...
Anyone heard anything from BAML IBD post SJT? haven't even got the passed notification yet, does it normally take a while?
JPM AM? Seen people have ACs...
Also haven't got a passed/fail email from MS AM?

Thanks !!
For those who have applied to Morgan Stanley IBD - which online tests are required after submitting application? Is it just numerical?
Being a law graduate, anyone know my chances working in investment banking?
Original post by katherine.l1995

The subject of your degree isn't make or break on its own, you need a full package background, just apply
Original post by giggy12s
For those who have applied to Morgan Stanley IBD - which online tests are required after submitting application? Is it just numerical?

99% sure it's just numerical, 48 hours deadlines
Original post by Kat_Cuss
Hi, new to the thread.
Only applied last week/week before (late I know). If anyone could answer my questions I would be eternally grateful!!!
Whats the RBC interview like, 1st round. Got the invite today and not really sure what to expect?
I've got a passed notification from Citi, how soon should I hear back interview wise? I know they reject post pass sometimes...
Anyone heard anything from BAML IBD post SJT? haven't even got the passed notification yet, does it normally take a while?
JPM AM? Seen people have ACs...
Also haven't got a passed/fail email from MS AM?

Thanks !!

BAML MS don't send pass emails
Original post by gsbs2
IBD or markets?

Hey Man. It is IBD London 2017. Applied as soon as it was open. The AC is on the 22nd of October but I am trying to reschedule as I am not in Europe.
Guys. I am doing my Goldman Sachs Video Interview on Sunday. It is IBD London 2017 and I applied on the 6th of September.

I wanted to ask you if you got any tips or if someone who has already done it could send me some sample questions. I am having experience with Rothschild and Merrill and can share the info.

Cheers
Original post by gsbs2
you are smashing it! Did you get it today

10 minutes ago :smile:
Original post by luckyfellow
Hey Man. It is IBD London 2017. Applied as soon as it was open. The AC is on the 22nd of October but I am trying to reschedule as I am not in Europe.

Well done!
What specific division?
Original post by TheParham
BAML MS don't send pass emails

Original post by gsbs2
some HR pulling all-nighters!

Init, gutted when it gets to the weekend when there is no point in me refreshing my emails every 3.5 minutes all days
Original post by katherine.l1995

Your chances are good. I saw a Oxford Law student on this thread a few weeks ago and the some banks have diversity schemes targeting females. Good Luck
do you get BNP pass/fail email?
Original post by volatilityskew2
anyone heard back from blackrock yet?

Yes I've had a video interview with them about 2 weeks ago.
Anyone heard back from RBC IBD post tests? Its been exactly 4 weeks since I sat the tests... Not heard anything yet besides 'pass email'. Clearly a bad a sign -_-
Original post by olly_price
Yes I've had a video interview with them about 2 weeks ago.

Is this referred to the virtual cover letter or a different video interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is HSBC screening pre-tests?
Original post by alexjones1994
Anyone heard back from RBC IBD post tests? Its been exactly 4 weeks since I sat the tests... Not heard anything yet besides 'pass email'. Clearly a bad a sign -_-

I applied to global markets but I should imagine they are similar. I applied about a month ago and I have done tests, phone interview and am now under consideration for an assessment centre.

Different division but might be a good gauge for you.
Original post by skywalker94
Is this referred to the virtual cover letter or a different video interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Virtual cover letter.

Quick Reply

Latest