The Student Room Group

Would you go shark diving after watching this?

Poll

Would you go cage diving with sharks?

A video was posted on YouTube this week of a shark getting into a cage diving cage, while a diver was still in it.

Click the link below to check out the nail biting encounter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93WiSq9TIoM

Does this put you off cage diving? Would you have done it in the first place? Or do you think this is an isolated incident.

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, I'd still do it. I've seen documentaries about shark diving and majority of the time as long as you don't bother sharks, they won't bother you.
Oh heck yeah I would. I read about that this morning, but that's gonna be such a rare occurrence. I'd absolutely love to do this
nope :zomg:
Hell yes I'd jump at the chance to. :biggrin:*
On my list now:biggrin:
Yeah I'd be open to doing it given I was persuaded enough.

But seriously how did the shark get through ? These cages are supposed to be designed so that this doesn't happen. I'd be pissed if I was that diver. Almost lost his life just because of insufficient cage strength. The reason I'd might do it because of the odds of this happening are extremely low, people go in underwater cages all the time and this is rarely occurs, though this should never be happening at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny Dorito
A video was posted on YouTube this week of a shark getting into a cage diving cage, while a diver was still in it.

Does this put you off cage diving? Would you have done it in the first place? Or do you think this is an isolated incident.

I'd do it if it was in a cage where sharks actually couldn't get in. That's be a good start.
Reply 8
Original post by Danny Dorito

sick
Seen a few videos where this has happened. Probably wouldn't do it, I'm ****ing petrified of big things underwater (or megalohydrothalassophobia, as it's called).
Never ever! Never ever!! the shark is one of the animals which I have the greatest respect - and anxiety. This predator is huge and has sharpened razor teeth. The only one I would do is to see such animals in an aqua qorld behind an aquarium.
Reply 11
I'd do a Shark from behind.
Original post by Scott.
I'd do a Shark from behind.

Would ye aye

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of people swim with sharks sans the cage although personally I'd want the cage there.
Sharks aren't out to kill you all the time. I'm not sure if the same can be said about swimming crocodiles & alligators; you don't hear many stories of people surviving going swimming with them.
Reply 14
No lol. Would scare the **** out of me
Hell no!
Only if they have brushed their teeth ~
I've been diving and freediving with sharks, they are generally fine (had one slightly aggressive hammerhead but only inquisitive). Cage diving is even safer.

But, Great whites and perhaps bull sharks are in a seperate league to most sharks.

I'm more afraid of box jellyfish, they really hurt.
fundamental flaw in design if the shark can get into the case with you
Did a VR game of this yesterday, 100% yes :yep:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending