The Student Room Group

DSA Award from SAAS

Hi,

Today I got my award letter from DSA/SAAS. They're quoting a Lenovo Thinkpad X240 at £950 from Iansyst - which is mental considering it can be had for £370 new! Feels like they're scamming them a bit.
Is there any way to get them to let me get my own laptop for the same amount of money? I need a macbook for my course as none of the software is on windows and the library times at my uni are super awkward and very limited, my disability means it takes me ages to do any uni work so I need to be able to do it at home too.My advisor and I spoke about it and he also recommended I get a macbook.I was looking in the Apple store and in there alone an extra £50 will get me a really good laptop that will run all uni programmes.
I've emailed my advisor who'll get back to me on Monday, but thought I'd ask here.
I don't know a lot about SAAS and how their DSA varies from SFE. But I was told that if I was to get my laptop, I do need to sort out the warrranty myself and it has to last the whole of the course.

Speeak to SAAS and your adviser.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
I don't know a lot about SAAS and how their DSA varies from SFE. But I was told that if I was to get my laptop, I do need to sort out the warrranty myself and it has to last the whole of the course.

Speeak to SAAS and your adviser.

I had one of my laptops paid for, about £350 i think they refunded? They paid me direct, when i sent them the receipt....
Original post by john2054
I had one of my laptops paid for, about £350 i think they refunded? They paid me direct, when i sent them the receipt....

Yes. If you buy your own laptop and your funding body agrees, they'll refund up to a certain amount. The amount depends on your own situation.

Quick Reply

Latest