The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
Does anyone want to PM? :frown:

:hugs: Are you okay? My inbox is open if you still need to chat :h:
Just met new CCO, she seems really lovely. And my new psychiatrist is a lady too just for university peeps :smile:

But apparently I'm showing relapse signatures so she wants me to see the new psych asap which kinda sucks. And apparently it's unlikely they'll agree to me coming off meds which sucks even harder. *pleasenoclozapineagain**
Original post by Noodlzzz
Just met new CCO, she seems really lovely. And my new psychiatrist is a lady too just for university peeps :smile:

But apparently I'm showing relapse signatures so she wants me to see the new psych asap which kinda sucks. And apparently it's unlikely they'll agree to me coming off meds which sucks even harder. *pleasenoclozapineagain**

I'm glad she's nice :smile:

I'm sorry about that :frown: I hope it all goes smoothly for you
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I'm glad she's nice :smile:

I'm sorry about that :frown: I hope it all goes smoothly for you

Thank you :smile:

Glad she seems nice :smile: Hugs bout relapse signatures.

My uni's disability office say I'm manic again :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uni was supposed to signal this positive turning point for me. Instead it's been a bag of **** since it started. Not necessarily the uni just my life and my mental health.

2 weeks until court case I'm witness in. 3 weeks for hearing aids. Who knows when nuclear bomb is gonna hit my family from therapy disclosure. I'm such an idiot for getting too relaxed and comfortable that my parts started talking. 😖

Mood has been unstable and I've not been keeping myself very safe. Instead of this time being a new chapter, I feel like I'm reliving my late teens.
Original post by Wilfred Little
That happens to me a lot as well. You've got all the time in the world and nobody else is around to talk to, it drives me mad at times.

I usually like to stick a podcast on my phone and listen to people debate stuff to try and take my mind off things. Also I've been watching these ASMR videos recently. Most of them do nothing but some of them are nice.

Let us know how you got on today.

Thanks man but I don't think I'll get it. The level of happiness they expect and like outright smiling I just can't fake. It's exhausting trying to pretend when you know deep down you aren't happy.*

Really wish I'd sorted my life out
Original post by ~Tara~
Uni was supposed to signal this positive turning point for me. Instead it's been a bag of **** since it started. Not necessarily the uni just my life and my mental health.

2 weeks until court case I'm witness in. 3 weeks for hearing aids. Who knows when nuclear bomb is gonna hit my family from therapy disclosure. I'm such an idiot for getting too relaxed and comfortable that my parts started talking. 😖

Mood has been unstable and I've not been keeping myself very safe. Instead of this time being a new chapter, I feel like I'm reliving my late teens.

Not in a position to offer support but huge hugs :jumphug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not in a position to offer support but huge hugs :jumphug:

Hugs are enough :smile: sorry you're having a bad time at the moment x
Managed to get a good bit of my essay done this evening because my migraine tablets decided to work for once! Still feel absolutely rubbish though.

Informed my tutors of the mitigating circumstances. Both have said that I should put my health first and to not worry.
Original post by Airmed
Managed to get a good bit of my essay done this evening because my migraine tablets decided to work for once! Still feel absolutely rubbish though.

Informed my tutors of the mitigating circumstances. Both have said that I should put my health first and to not worry.

That's great you managed to get a good bit done. You should feel really proud!

Your tutors are right, these essays are less important than your wellbeing. I know getting mitigating circumstances can make you feel like you're losing the battle in some way and that you should be able to cope without - but remember, the other people in your classes don't have the disadvantages you do so you're just leveling the playing field. I got a year's extension on my master's dissertation and ended up with a merit, if I'd been pushed to do it in 4 months there's no way I could have passed. Sometimes I still feel bad about that but tbh I'd prefer getting 4 months and no voices to struggling a lot for a year. So it's not really the advantage some people may see it as. (really hope - that makes sense, I'm kind of drugged right now :colondollar:) But yeah, take your time your health matters more. :hugs:
I hate this :cry2: I'm never going to be in a place where I'm coping I just muck everything up and I want it all to stop its all so pointless :cry2:
Original post by Sabertooth

Your tutors are right, these essays are less important than your wellbeing. I know getting mitigating circumstances can make you feel like you're losing the battle in some way and that you should be able to cope without - but remember, the other people in your classes don't have the disadvantages you do so you're just leveling the playing field. I got a year's extension on my master's dissertation and ended up with a merit, if I'd been pushed to do it in 4 months there's no way I could have passed. Sometimes I still feel bad about that but tbh I'd prefer getting 4 months and no voices to struggling a lot for a year. So it's not really the advantage some people may see it as. (really hope - that makes sense, I'm kind of drugged right now :colondollar:) But yeah, take your time your health matters more. :hugs:

Thank you :hugs:

I mentioned it offhand to a girl I sorta speak to in my class, who doesn't know anything about my mental health, and even she told me that it was a good idea because I have been looking really ill these past few weeks. I just don't like it because academics used to be the only thing that wasn't affected by my mental health and now it is.

On the bright side, the uni have given me a temp new laptop. I went in for a session with the disability office's IT guy yesterday, and he ripped my poor laptop to shreds. Turns out the reason it is so slow is because it only has 4GB RAM on it, and the usual minimum that is suggested for all the software I have from DSA is 8GB RAM, with 16 the preference. No wonder my Read and Write is so crap, and everything keeps crashing. :rolleyes: So, Dundee are gonna get in touch with my suppliers and talk to them about a replacement laptop; I have had mine sent to Germany for repairs by Dell, and it is still playing up.

Like this shiny temp laptop though. I have nicknamed it Steve. :biggrin:
Huge congrats to @bullettheory btw :congrats: :yep: :love:

Original post by Sabertooth

PRSOM :frown: Wise words and fab advice :yep:

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I hate this :cry2: I'm never going to be in a place where I'm coping I just muck everything up and I want it all to stop its all so pointless :cry2:

Oh hun. You don't muck ANYTHING up, let alone everything! Don't let the voices/your parents get to you. Sorry I'm not offering proper/continuous support atm - as you can see from the Facebook statuses, kinda back up **** creek without a paddle again :emo:

Original post by Airmed
Thank you :hugs:

I mentioned it offhand to a girl I sorta speak to in my class, who doesn't know anything about my mental health, and even she told me that it was a good idea because I have been looking really ill these past few weeks. I just don't like it because academics used to be the only thing that wasn't affected by my mental health and now it is.

It does suck when mental health infiltrates one's life, but please PLEASE do get mitigating circumstances organised. Don't let pride or stubbornness affect your grades, coz you may live to regret it/it may haunt you for a very long time to come (take it from someone who knows!) :sadnod: Use everything available to help you and accept it quickly with both hands, would be my advice :yes:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

It does suck when mental health infiltrates one's life, but please PLEASE do get mitigating circumstances organised. Don't let pride or stubbornness affect your grades, coz you may live to regret it/it may haunt you for a very long time to come (take it from someone who knows!) :sadnod: Use everything available to help you and accept it quickly with both hands, would be my advice :yes:

Thank you :hugs: I just don't like how it is done at Dundee tbh, and now have to have a fight with people to get medical evidence because apparently according to the guidance notes from Dundee, I should have reasonable adjustments put in place for coursework. I don't because it's my School policy not to hand out extensions. So it is a bit blurry.
Original post by Airmed
Thank you :hugs: I just don't like how it is done at Dundee tbh, and now have to have a fight with people to get medical evidence because apparently according to the guidance notes from Dundee, I should have reasonable adjustments put in place for coursework. I don't because it's my School policy not to hand out extensions. So it is a bit blurry.

Are you in contact with the disability team at uni? They might be able to help fight your case to get the medical evidence put in place. Best of luck :hugs:
Are you in contact with the disability team at uni? They might be able to help fight your case to get the medical evidence put in place. Best of luck :hugs:

I am. I emailed my advisor yesterday to ask could she write up a letter for me. She takes notes when she sees me, and she has seen me quite a bit in the past few weeks, so she knows definitely that I am not ********ting. Problem will be CPN/GP. Didn't see my CPN last week as he was busy, and this week he has been off, and those are the 2 weeks where I have definitely been the worst. I have seen my GP, but idk what the policy is on letters, might have to pay.
Original post by Airmed
I am. I emailed my advisor yesterday to ask could she write up a letter for me. She takes notes when she sees me, and she has seen me quite a bit in the past few weeks, so she knows definitely that I am not ********ting. Problem will be CPN/GP. Didn't see my CPN last week as he was busy, and this week he has been off, and those are the 2 weeks where I have definitely been the worst. I have seen my GP, but idk what the policy is on letters, might have to pay.

It should be worth paying if it gets you help, and it should be too much. Maybe call up your surgery on Monday and check? I'm sure the receptionist can tell you.
A huge thank you to everyone who took part in my OCD Awareness Week thread! :biggrin: It really meant a lot to me :smile: you guys are awesome :hugs:
Actually think there's been a thing about GPs not being allowed to charge for medical evidence letters any more. I dunno if it's mentioned for upcoming debate, because it's been debated or because new legislation has appeared. Might help if I look for you instead of speculating.

If GP is going to charge I'd ring mental health team even if they get someone to print it off for you to collect or to post to you if your CPN is busy. They tend not to ask for payment.

I had a letter accepted by PIP as evidenced of my illness but uni won't accept it for student support reasons..not even DSA. 🙄 So I'm waiting for a newer signed dated and letter headed version because apparently if I were going to fake a letter, I wouldn't take the time to do those things. Which I totally would..if going to fake it better be realistic and good 🙄

---
My mood has improved a bit. Was sent by dr to A and e on Thursday, have pneumonia. I seriously recommend getting all the vaccinations and boosters you can getting before starting uni. The giant melting pot of disease that it is. Anyway, on higher dose of antibiotics and it's starting to lift quite well :smile: I can feel emotions now and not jsut physical pain or sleep 😴

Not sleeping well. Major nightmares. Woke myself up twice last night from having a panic attack in my sleep 😰 Still hard not to be mildly happy when you have more energy than you've been had for 2 weeks. I'm starving an no leftover pizza in house 😩 Technically I can't have because intolerant to gluten and lactose but..still craving. Want lots of comfort food. Well that's all im craving because my appetite is still low. Calorie bulking obv :wink:

TW weight mentioned

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Latest