The Student Room Group

Flatmate heard me having sex? What should I do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Shame on you for dismissing your heritage and blood lines, I'm sure your ancestors would be deeply disappointed in you. :colonhash:

Spoiler

My family live in Malaysia, they learn English there so when I visit they speak to me in English :tongue: But deep down they probably think "why can't this guy speak Chinese"... I'm a disappointment lool

Spoiler

Nope I was born here but my parents visited a lot when I was a child...

I do remember it well, albeit I assume a lot of places must have drastically changed by now.

Omg :frown: I'm jealous. Did you go to the Rajasthani deserts? :colondollar: Did you see pretty women dress really colourfully? :colondollar: Did you see camels decorated in tassels? :colondollar: Did you see men in bright coloured turbans? :colondollar:

Ahh okay!:smile: so how many times have you been then? Ah okay & yeah most of it has changed tbh :yep: hahaha aww & yeaaa i saww all of those and a lot more! I even saw Taj Mahal haha :tongue: long journey though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
My family live in Malaysia, they learn English there so when I visit they speak to me in English :tongue: But deep down they probably think "why can't this guy speak Chinese"... I'm a disappointment lool

Spoiler

Lol I did french and GCSE and all I can remember is "boulangerie= bakery" XD My uncle is fluent in french though, and spanish...but that is because he married a spanish wife, and now is married to a french speaking wife...

Maybe I should try that :u:

And can speak some Russian, he spent some time there too...:redface:

And punjabi and hindi, and urdu. :colonhash:

Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh okay!:smile: so how many times have you been then? Ah okay & yeah most of it has changed tbh :yep: hahaha aww & yeaaa i saww all of those and a lot more! I even saw Taj Mahal haha :tongue: long journey though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

About 8 times I think :tongue: wbu?

Gosh you lucky pickle!! I hope I can see it all next year, I think my parents are planning a trip.
Reply 143
Lol I did french and GCSE and all I can remember is "boulangerie= bakery" XD My uncle is fluent in french though, and spanish...but that is because he married a spanish wife, and now is married to a french speaking wife...

Gosh you lucky pickle!! I hope I can see it all next year, I think my parents are planning a trip.

You mean find a French guy to marry so you can speak it fluently? I don't see why not :tongue:

I wouldn't mind marrying a French girl too :moon:
Original post by PrinceHarrys
If you aren't being loud sounds like shes expecting you to bend over backwards bc of her religious beliefs. She knew what to expect in uni halls :rolleyes:

Living in halls doesn't give you a green light to run riot. You are living with other people so you need to be a little bit more considerate than you would be in your own home.*

The walls in student rooms are sometimes really thin and you can pretty much hear everything. You need to take these things into account when you decide to do stuff. Be considerate of your neighbours and put yourself in their shoes. How would you feel if you were a girl, living alone, far from family hearing this sort of thing in the middle of the night? I should think it would be an extremely traumatic experience...*

I live in a corridor with 6 other students, Chinese girls, a latin American and an English guy. The walls are extremely thin and two of the students study music and two others are doing post graduate degrees which are extremely demanding. *Everyone is good with the exception of that one English fella who had the same mentality as you and he made our lives a living hell whilst he was living here. The guy would play his music instruments all day and be up all night chatting away on the phone and things like that. You couldn't sleep. You couldn't study in your room. You couldn't invite anyone over. You couldn't do anything because of that one inconsiderate immature douche bag. Suffice to say we had a huge party the day he moved out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CookieButter
You couldn't invite anyone over.

Did you read the rest of the thread though? OP has also said that her flatmate kicks up a fuss when anyone has male friends over and won't give anyone her number so they can let her know in advance. Thats being difficult. Plus unless she is lying about being quiet, its only the squeaky bed being a noise. However the flatmate whining about male friends being round means it probably isnt the noise so much as the fact a guy is round.

@TheonlyMrsHolmes
(edited 7 years ago)

Omg that is a lot!:colondollar:
Aw yeah they should :yep: & enjoy:biggrin: whats your name btw? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I don't know her side of the story, I get the feeling she just doesn't like being there.

I thought you really really didn't like Muslims. :confused:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

She's not Muslim she's Kurdish
It's none of her business if you want to **** or not it's not a problem if you were a bit loud tell her you'll try and keep it down but yeah not much you can do what ever you do don't let it keep you from getting some though.
Original post by daniellee0
She's not Muslim she's Kurdish

You can be Kurdish and Muslim just like you can be English and Muslim.

Have I misunderstood here? In the OP you said she wears a head scarf so I assumed she is wearing that due to a religion (most probably Muslim). The wanting to know about men coming over before hand for fear of being seen without the head scarf kind of points towards conservative Islam. Something TheOnlyMrsHomes really really doesn't like and it seems unusual to see her saying you should be tip toeing around her religious practises.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by daniellee0
I've had sex only around 3 times since I moved into halls a few months ago. She's told me she's heard me have sex (awkward) I understand it obviously won't have been pleasant for her but I also want to feel comfortable in the flat as much as she does. I mean it's not as if I do it every night...

She's quite funny about any of our flat mates having boys over, she said that we have to tell her before we have any male over because she wears a headscarf which is fair enough but she won't give us her number or Facebook etc for us to tell her beforehand. She's in her room 90% of the time so I don't really know what to do.

Anyone had this problem with flat mates hearing you have sex?

She's not by any chance a Muslim is she sometimes they can be a bit funny about thing particularly if she is a shall we say devout.

regardless if she is Muslim or not or not she is being unreasonable it's your room and your free to do as you please if she is a brogan student she will need to learn that she is in our country and we have different values and a different culture she can accept that or move.

In future tell her to butt out it may cause a little friction but you and your flat mates are doing nothing at all wrong and she just can't accept that this is how our culture works .
I had a muslim flatmate and she had no issues with us having guys around. She wasn't allowed to live with them unless they were family (because of her religion( but she never stopped us from being with our friends or boyfriends. I think she's over reacting honestly, she can't stop your boyfriend from entering the flat. I also wouldn't worry about her hearing you, these things happen sometimes it's part of living in halls!

NOOOO

That is @MrsSheldonCooper

I am the COMPLETE opposite!!!!

Have I misunderstood here? In the OP you said she wears a head scarf so I assumed she is wearing that due to a religion (most probably Muslim). The wanting to know about men coming over before hand for fear of being seen without the head scarf kind of points towards conservative Islam. Something TheOnlyMrsHomes really really doesn't like and it seems unusual to see her saying you should be tip toeing around her religious practises.

:colonhash: I am not @MrsSheldonCooper
Reply 155

I keep getting you two mixed up :colonhash:

:frown:

I've lost count number of times I've explained this to you.

I don't like the Islamic ideology. Muslims is different.

Dear God.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
I keep getting you two mixed up :colonhash:

:frown:

That upsets me, I actually think a lot of people get us mixed up. It actually really upsets me because me views are on the other side of the spectrum to MrsSheldoncoopers.
That upsets me, I actually think a lot of people get us mixed up. It actually really upsets me because me views are on the other side of the spectrum to MrsSheldoncoopers.

Our views on religion are fairly different yes. Our names aren't even that similar.
Reply 159

It's just the "Mrs" part and the fact that I can't read lol. I don't mean it to compare your political beliefs though :h:

Quick Reply

Latest