The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine 2017 Entry [A100]

I couldn't see one so here it is! Introduce yourselves, we are in for a roller coaster ride this year :biggrin:

EDIT 10/11/16
Overall UKCAT cutoff: 1870
Interviews first week of December
355 school leaver interviews

@CutieTootsie has made a form for all those who have had interviews, just so we can generally get an idea of how everyone felt it went. Please check it out guys.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Dr! You were so super helpful with last year's lot that I was thinking it would be great if you could drop in from time to time here too :biggrin: no one knows more about this medical school than you (and people who actually work there)
Reply 2
:bump:
GCSE grades: 5As 5Bs
AS grades (achieved): AAA
A2 grades (predicted): A*A*A*
Extra curricular: DofE gold award, chamber choir, athletics, netball, grade 8 piano, Envision (youth outreach charity)
Other: lots of work experience. Very weak GCSEs due to extenuating circumstances, but my tutor explained this in my reference

Praying hard for this! 🙏🏾

UKCAT average 637.5 really worried I won't meet the cut offs but worth a shot
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by CutieTootsie
GCSE grades: 5As 5Bs
AS grades (achieved): AAA
A2 grades (predicted): A*A*A*
Extra curricular: DofE gold award, chamber choir, athletics, netball, grade 8 piano, Envision (youth outreach charity)
Other: lots of work experience. Very weak GCSEs due to extenuating circumstances, but my tutor explained this in my reference

Praying hard for this! 🙏🏾

UKCAT average 637.5 really worried I won't meet the cut offs but worth a shot

Those are amazing a level predictions! Have you applied to Exeter with those?
Original post by Millie-3
Those are amazing a level predictions! Have you applied to Exeter with those?

awh thanks :smile: no I haven't actually. not a huge fan of the city. I don't love Plymouth's city either, but I love the uni and the Medicine open day was SO GOOD!

I've applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Bristol and Plymouth. what about you?
Reply 6
awh thanks :smile: no I haven't actually. not a huge fan of the city. I don't love Plymouth's city either, but I love the uni and the Medicine open day was SO GOOD!

I've applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Bristol and Plymouth. what about you?

Ah right! What impressed you in particular on the open day? I couldn't make it, I'd love some insight.
And you must be a smart cookie with those unis, all amazing! I went with Plymouth, QUB, Liverpool and UEA
Ah right! What impressed you in particular on the open day? I couldn't make it, I'd love some insight.
And you must be a smart cookie with those unis, all amazing! I went with Plymouth, QUB, Liverpool and UEA

They treat the medics so differently, like their the best students at Plymouth uni lol. There is a library just for Med students within the heart of the hospital where we'd train. The learning programmes are also very modern. If you're a fan of tech, you'll find it impressive too.

The uni is generally laid back too and I think Medicine will be very intense, so an atmosphere with a lot of fun things going on is really appealing to me.

What are your stats?
Reply 9
GCSE: 8A*s 2As
A level achieved: A*AB (I'm repeating the B, hoping to get it up to an A*)
UKCAT: 705 Band 2
Other: enough work experience to talk about!
GCSE: 8A*s 2As
A level achieved: A*AB (I'm repeating the B, hoping to get it up to an A*)
UKCAT: 705 Band 2
Other: enough work experience to talk about!

Fantastic stats. I really wish I had those GCSEs
Reply 11
Fantastic stats. I really wish I had those GCSEs

Thanks. But you're gonna blow it out of the water with your a levels, don't worry :biggrin:
Thanks. But you're gonna blow it out of the water with your a levels, don't worry :biggrin:

The thing about predictions though is they aren't real 😭I know I'm capable, but if I actually got 3A*s, I don't think I would stop crying for joy 😂😂

God willing! 🙏🏾

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys!

Also a plymouth applicant here :smile:
Stats: GCSES absolute pants due to extenuating circumstances, 1A*, 1A, 3B, 3C
AS levels: AAAC (chem, bio, rs and history respectively)
A-Levels achieved: A*A*A* (Chem, bio and RS) (re-sat my RS)
UKCAT: 670 average, band 1 SJT (650VR, 670QR,690AR)

Really hoping for an interview!!
Reply 14
Original post by samrosenwalker
Hey guys!

Also a plymouth applicant here :smile:
Stats: GCSES absolute pants due to extenuating circumstances, 1A*, 1A, 3B, 3C
AS levels: AAAC (chem, bio, rs and history respectively)
A-Levels achieved: A*A*A* (Chem, bio and RS) (re-sat my RS)
UKCAT: 670 average, band 1 SJT (650VR, 670QR,690AR)

Really hoping for an interview!!

Those are some a levels! Well done :smile:
Has anyone received the acknowledgment email yet from plymouth?
Original post by betweenalaska
Has anyone received the acknowledgment email yet from plymouth?

Yep, I have :smile:
Original post by samrosenwalker
Yep, I have :smile:

did you receive it right after submission? U reckon i should email them or wait for a few more days?
Original post by betweenalaska
did you receive it right after submission? U reckon i should email them or wait for a few more days?

Definitely wait a while, mine took more than a week to come through
Those are some a levels! Well done :smile:

Thank you! Hoping that I'll meet the ukcat cut offs :frown: worried about my QR tbh!

Quick Reply

Latest