The Student Room Group
yes.Once you send off your ucas application you should get an email from cambridge with your login details for the SAQ and a guide on how to complete it.
Reply 2
Original post by shredder-21
yes.Once you send off your ucas application you should get an email from cambridge with your login details for the SAQ and a guide on how to complete it.

And what all information do I have to write there? I'm an EU student so my education part might be a little different.

Also how important is it? I won't have a lot of time to write it.
You've obviously already sent in ucas as today is deadline. You'll have about a week to complete 7 sections:
Application type,photograph,personal details,bmat number,education,qualification and additional information
Reply 4
You've obviously already sent in ucas as today is deadline. You'll have about a week to complete 7 sections:
Application type,photograph,personal details,bmat number,education,qualification and additional information

I'm asking mostly because the SAQ asks for high school transcripts. My school was extremely competitive and we got a lot worse grades than we would at other school so I don't know of this could worsen my chances of offer (my final exams were excellent).

How much difference does the SAQ make when deciding whom to give an offer?
Reply 5
I haven't sent the application yet and I'm thinking whether I should change Cambridge for other school because of SAQ. Help please?
Original post by barborazel
I haven't sent the application yet and I'm thinking whether I should change Cambridge for other school because of SAQ. Help please?

Did you personally get the grades required by cambridge? if so then apply and also youll have to send your ucas to a referee before it goes off wholl need to write a reference. if you dont hurry up your application wont make it in
Reply 7
Did you personally get the grades required by cambridge? if so then apply and also youll have to send your ucas to a referee before it goes off wholl need to write a reference. if you dont hurry up your application wont make it in

My referee has already submitted it. But I'm mostly worried about the transcript :frown:... I will be taking other exams and my predicted grades are good enough for Cambridge but the not so good grades from High School will still be there (although there are no requirements for certain grades).

Also I see that I have to write that I'm enrolled in a university in my country into the SAQ. I'm in 1st year because I didn't get accepted into the UK last year. Could that hurt me?
Reply 8
What should I do? :frown:
Reply 9
Too late to ask now.
Guys, I've sent in my application and I'm starting to fill out the SAQ form now. I have taken a gap year and have already achieved my A level grades. The problem however is that our college decided to make us take AS Biology with OCR and A2 Biology with AQA (not really sure how this worked either). Now when I try to input my unit details it won't let me add Biology twice ( one for each board) in question 6.1 so I have no idea what to do.

Do you guys have any suggestions?!
Reply 11
Original post by roukiaa23
Guys, I've sent in my application and I'm starting to fill out the SAQ form now. I have taken a gap year and have already achieved my A level grades. The problem however is that our college decided to make us take AS Biology with OCR and A2 Biology with AQA (not really sure how this worked either). Now when I try to input my unit details it won't let me add Biology twice ( one for each board) in question 6.1 so I have no idea what to do.

Do you guys have any suggestions?!

I would e-mail Cambridge. That's the safest bet. You still have a week so they will answer in time.
Reply 12
I was just wondering, what sort of things are expected for us to put in the "Is there anything else you would like us to know?" section?
Original post by BranJ0
I was just wondering, what sort of things are expected for us to put in the "Is there anything else you would like us to know?" section?

Different for each candidate. Basically do you have something in specific you think they should kniw about. I assume the vast majority of applicants will leave balnk
Reply 14
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Different for each candidate. Basically do you have something in specific you think they should kniw about. I assume the vast majority of applicants will leave balnk

Ah ok, so it's not like a section where you tell them things about your personality and the like, it's just for specific important circumstances. That makes sense, thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending