The Student Room Group

Flatmate heard me having sex? What should I do

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Our views on religion are fairly different yes. Our names aren't even that similar.

And our profile pics distinctively different. -__-

Spoiler

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
There is also only marital sex in christianity so erm...yeah.

Anyway, no I don't think her roommates should abstain from sex, however I think they should try and be more considerate by being quiet, it's pleasant for everyone I assume, muslim or not.

She didn't ask her not to have sex. I don't think OP should abstain. I just think OP should try and be quiet.

Is that inconsiderate of me? idk. I guess everyone will have a different point of view on this.

I just don't get why muslims being unable to integrate has even come into this thread? integrating isn't about how much you can tolerate hearing people have sex. -__-

Christianity, no religion, whatever. What I'm saying is, you can't expect other people to abide by your religious beliefs, because you likely don't abide by theirs.

If she's going mental, of course, shut the fk up. But if she's making this thread I'm sure she's hardly screaming at the top of her lungs.

I haven't said a thing about Muslims not being able to integrate. A Muslim is 100% free to practise their religion in their own space and fashion as long as it doesn't harm another.
And our profile pics distinctively different. -__-

Spoiler

*you're hun :tongue:

Yup I have much more controversial views than you do :wink:

you like muslim boys don't lie
Original post by cbblitz
Christianity, no religion, whatever. What I'm saying is, you can't expect other people to abide by your religious beliefs, because you likely don't abide by theirs.

If she's going mental, of course, shut the fk up. But if she's making this thread I'm sure she's hardly screaming at the top of her lungs.

I haven't said a thing about Muslims not being able to integrate. A Muslim is 100% free to practise their religion in their own space and fashion as long as it doesn't harm another.

You may not have, other people on this thread have.

All I'm saying is everyone should come together an be considerate of each others needs, that is all.

Indeed, you do....
Original post by Angry Bird
you like muslim boys don't lie

Not really :tongue: I used to like a Muslim girl though.
You may not have, other people on this thread have.

All I'm saying is everyone should come together an be considerate of each others needs, that is all..

Aye but it's three times in as many months. Hardly like it's an earth shattering thing. I'm sure the bird's tried to keep it down but the walls are thin and the bed is shite, we've all been there.

Sometimes I hear people down the hall playing Dungeons and Dragons and that makes me more uncomfortable than a couple shagging would.
Original post by cbblitz
Aye but it's three times in as many months. Hardly like it's an earth shattering thing. I'm sure the bird's tried to keep it down but the walls are thin and the bed is shite, we've all been there.

Sometimes I hear people down the hall playing Dungeons and Dragons and that makes me more uncomfortable than a couple shagging would.

Lmfao shut up :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Lmfao shut up :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If I have to hear a couple gobblin' Vs a couple goblin' I know which one I think is less weird :biggrin:
Original post by PrinceHarrys
Unfortunately it's because of her religious beliefs and also some religious people are more conservative than others and they might not try to convert you but they are going to disapprove and be difficult if u do something that THEY dont like.

I had a Muslim flatmate who was the chillest guy, but my friend was in halls with a bunch of Christian postgrad students because she applied late and went into private halls. She ended up having to move because they got offended, when she didn't go to Christian Union events they invited her to and gossiped about her making up that she was weird. :rolleyes:

Tbh if the person OP is talking about is really that amazingly religious she shouldn't be so isolated lol islamically Muslims should actually be social and definitely not make life difficult for others. There's a difference between being personally conservative and then being the way this person is.
Oh calm the **** down!

Even if her religion has something to do with it, so what? I think if your living together you should try your best to respect eachother. Clearly OP wasn't being as quiet as she thought she was or else her roommate would not have heard.

I wouldn't want to hear someone having sex either, I would find it extremely uncomfortable. It's a bit gross really.

I admit she seems a little difficult, but saying that she sounds very introverted so maybe she doesn't want to give her contact details to the rest of her flat mates. Ngl she sounds like she is singled out, so maybe that is why she doesn't want to give out her details? It doesn't really matter if she gives out her details, the point is they are all living together and she is a part of that house as much as everyone. Just because everyone in that house is okay with hearing eachother have sex doesn't make it okay. You should CONSIDER everyone in the household, since she has as much right to be there as everyone else does.

Uni halls have incredibly thin walls. You can hear pretty much everything.
If you're a bit new here, you will come to understand that TSR has a special kind of hate for muslims, diversity and multiculturalism. It's very odd, in normal everyday life I have genuinely never heard people speak like this (although on some occasions I have, like a teacher who said he would bomb up the whole middle-east and Pakistan...and then looked at me because he though I was Pakistani -__- and he made sure not to say India because I'm Indian -_-).

Most people wouldn't say half the **** they do if it wasn't for the fact they can say is from behind a computer screen.

It's true that they won't say it to your face, but as working class white boy who works security and construction - let me tell you this. They do believe it.
Original post by PrinceHarrys
Did you read the rest of the thread though? OP has also said that her flatmate kicks up a fuss when anyone has male friends over and won't give anyone her number so they can let her know in advance. Thats being difficult. Plus unless she is lying about being quiet, its only the squeaky bed being a noise. However the flatmate whining about male friends being round means it probably isnt the noise so much as the fact a guy is round.

@TheonlyMrsHolmes

Well, she's living in a flat with other girls so telling them that she's having a boy over is just common curtsy. You don't want to invite a guy over to your house and have your friend unknowingly walk out in a night gown thinking there's only girls in the house...why am i even explaining this? its common sense.*

Additionally, we are only hearing one side of the story and i don't see the other girl whinging about this issue on a ten page thread on the internet so it seems to me the OP has issues of her own. Besides, what kind of uncivilised person/pervert/animal is comfortable with the idea of others hearing them having sex?*

I'm in a *relationship and living in halls and I'm very conscious of this issue especially around my girl neighbours. We all treat each other in kind except for that one guy i mentioned in my previous post and thankfully, he f'd off.*
(edited 7 years ago)
I've lost count number of times I've explained this to you.

I don't like the Islamic ideology. Muslims is different.

Dear God.

SO you are fine with taking in Muslim refugees from Syria then? Since you don't mind Muslims.

What is the point of not liking Islamic ideology if you don't have any objection to it manifesting it western liberal culture.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
SO you are fine with taking in Muslim refugees from Syria then? Since you don't mind Muslims.

What is the point of not liking Islamic ideology if you don't have any objection to it manifesting it western liberal culture.

If you want to start a debate hun then make a thread about it. Your questions are irrelevant to this thread.
Original post by TorpidPhil
It's true that they won't say it to your face, but as working class white boy who works security and construction - let me tell you this. They do believe it.

Maybe I don't hear it as often because I'm indian and people put two and two together and think every brown face is muslim...:redface:
Maybe I don't hear it as often because I'm indian and people put two and two together and think every brown face is muslim...:redface:

That would be precisely it. Yes.

So appreciate strongly those who prove to you that they are actually open minded us to not judge you based on the colour of your skin in even a tangential way! Because it is rare.
That would be precisely it. Yes.

So appreciate strongly those who prove to you that they are actually open minded us to not judge you based on the colour of your skin in even a tangential way! Because it is rare.

I mean, I'm not stupid. I have been in a room where people are airing their controversial opinions on politics and religion and then they have shut up when they realise I'm sitting there. It's not that I don't believe people can hold these opinions because I've not heard them say it to me personally, but I do know that there are more people out there supporting multiculturalism and diversity than it seems on TSR.
I mean, I'm not stupid. I have been in a room where people are airing their controversial opinions on politics and religion and then they have shut up when they realise I'm sitting there. It's not that I don't believe people can hold these opinions because I've not heard them say it to me personally, but I do know that there are more people out there supporting multiculturalism and diversity than it seems on TSR.

Nope.

TSR I would say is more PC than reality.

The older demographic is far more racist than the youths.
Nope.

TSR I would say is more PC than reality.

The older demographic is far more racist than the youths.

I would say your wrong. The only reason it seems PC to you is because all the really controversial stuff gets taken down.

Yes the older demographic is more racist, I'm not arguing that but I was actually talking about the younger generation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending