The Student Room Group

Liverpool w/e questionnaire

At the start of this questionnaire it says if you get to interview you are expected to bring a copy of your references... but what if I can't get a reference from everyone? does this mean I cant include this placement as my work experience or not??
Original post by Aliloo
At the start of this questionnaire it says if you get to interview you are expected to bring a copy of your references... but what if I can't get a reference from everyone? does this mean I cant include this placement as my work experience or not??

They only want references from some of your most recent placements, I wouldn't worry if you haven't got references from all, just make sure you have a nice selection of references
Reply 2
I'm slightly worried about this too, as my most recent farm placement was lambing and I'm really struggling to get a reference - they've said they'll do it and I've reminded them about 3 times so far but still nothing :frown:
Original post by nox1
I'm slightly worried about this too, as my most recent farm placement was lambing and I'm really struggling to get a reference - they've said they'll do it and I've reminded them about 3 times so far but still nothing :frown:

Best way to deal with that is go to the farm when it's not lambing time and pay them a visit and get them to hand write you a quick reference. They're less likely to forget if you're stood in front of them and tell them the importance of having a brief reference

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a similar problem with a stables when chasing references. They told me at the time of the placement just email them and they will be more than happy to write me one however when I did there was no response. I phoned them up a couple of times and the woman in charge was always out but I was told as soon as she came back she would phone me and sort it out... never happened. So I just physically went to the stables and asked for one and within 10 minutes it was done. As said above if you are actually there asking for a reference it is difficult to pass it off and avoid doing one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending