The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

I seriously hope wenger is giving that ref the hairdryer treatment. Seriously can't see how he can justify that red. Excessive force maybe? Taylor nearly took out ozil's leg 10 minutes before.
Original post by shawn_o1
Well how do you like it, deluded Wengerites! (Joint) Top of the league! Everyone except you guys know this will NOT be the case in May 2017, let alone after Monday night. Enjoy your 4th :colone: (besides I like this club, don't like the civil war inside it and don't care whether I feed it)

We've won 6 in a row. Why don't you come back at the end of the season and support the club if we are champions since that is the only way you would respond well to this team. You are not even an Arsenal fan so just **** right off and go to Man City. Glory hunter.
Xhaka a waste of money after all innit

Wenger Out banners coming out of the closet as expected. Unsurprisingly.

How many do you think we'll lose by to ludo you absolute cretin?
Shawn_o1 is a Spud.
Weng got it spot on taking off oz and my owner. Both were taking the piss a tad much.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
F*ck, that was nervy. Walcott is the ultimate bottler, even when paying well. Xhaka's challenge was never ever a red. Ozil's goal was beautiful.

We won in the end, which is all that matters. Level on points with City now as well.

Points are points but my God have you rode your luck in the last few games.

Us to beat United on Monday (please!) and there'll be 3 teams level on 19 points :biggrin:
Original post by Dodgypirate
The master bottlers are at it again! :lol:

3 points out of 3. Shattered bottle tbh. Even played against 13 with 10.
Original post by Lúcio

Us to beat United on Monday (please!) and there'll be 3 teams level on 19 points :biggrin:

Reckon you'll beat them as well. 1 point separating the top 4; shaping up to be a cracking season.
Original post by Lúcio

Luck? Should've scored 6. Hit 3 post. Red against us. Lino called everything off. 2 looked on. Where's the luck?
Reckon you'll beat them as well. 1 point separating the top 4; shaping up to be a cracking season.

We should beat them...which makes me all the more nervous. My fear is that Mourinho knows he can't beat us on the ground so he'll just spam set-pieces and crosses all match.

Even if we lose, we'd be barely behind the others - the competition is ridiculous and with us and Chelsea not having Europe, things could get really tasty as the rest of you struggle with the minting fixtures.
Tbh I would rather the team have luck than not have it. Who gives a damn how we get 3 points? I love the games where we piss the other teams off by jammying it up with luck.
Well how do you like it, deluded Wengerites! (Joint) Top of the league! Everyone except you guys know this will NOT be the case in May 2017, let alone after Monday night. Enjoy your 4th :colone: (besides I like this club, don't like the civil war inside it and don't care whether I feed it)

Just out of interest who do you support?
Original post by HopelessMedic
Just out of interest who do you support?

He doesn't support anyone apart from the 15 year old girls on the rship forum
Gave those munkuian ***** a 5 point head start whilst getting our players back properly. Even giving Ramsey extra pre season. Giroud hasn't even played this season. Yet level in point with a PES 2 classic squad.The old man lost it by not signing everyone they said. City will win it by December with the pool finishing 2nd they said.

****ing experts. All I wanna know is that is pep under pressure now? 3 matches is threshold for crisis.

Ps difeo chill out I know it's mancunians
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
We should beat them...which makes me all the more nervous. My fear is that Mourinho knows he can't beat us on the ground so he'll just spam set-pieces and crosses all match.

Even if we lose, we'd be barely behind the others - the competition is ridiculous and with us and Chelsea not having Europe, things could get really tasty as the rest of you struggle with the minting fixtures.

United's midfield is so lethargic. Don't rate it at all. Coutinho and Firminho will cause all sorts of problems.
United's midfield is so lethargic. Don't rate it at all. Coutinho and Firminho will cause all sorts of problems.

Their defence is suspect too. They have a good defender in Bailly. But 3 totally average defenders around him. Mourinho can organise a defence but critical turning points in games requires top class defenders that can make the right decisions irrespective of a system put in place by the coach.
Original post by atom y humber
Gave those muncian ***** a 5 point head start whilst getting our players back properly. Even giving Ramsey extra pre season. Giroud hasn't even played this season. Yet level in point with a PES 2 classic squad.The old man lost it by not signing everyone they said. City will win it by December with the pool finishing 2nd they said.

****ing experts. All I wanna know is that is pep under pressure now? 3 matches is threshold for crisis

This is what annoys me about our fan base. Why are we getting so carried away and ****ging off other teams when we're less than ten games in to the season and haven't even played well. Just calm down, we've not improved from last year yet and there's no evidence so far that we will do
Original post by James.Carnell
Their defence is suspect too. They have a good defender in Bailly. But 3 totally average defenders around him. Mourinho can organise a defence but critical turning points in games requires top class defenders that can make the right decisions irrespective of a system put in place by the coach.

Even Bailly has been dodgy at times, like against Watford for example. Liverpool always seem to turn up for these type of games aswell. Can't see United winning really.
Original post by HopelessMedic
This is what annoys me about our fan base. Why are we getting so carried away and ****ging off other teams when we're less than ten games in to the season and haven't even played well. Just calm down, we've not improved from last year yet and there's no evidence so far that we will do

No one here is saying we are going to win the league. All I am doing is responding to opposition fans who were writing us off.

We are playing **** and winning games we would not have won while playing **** last season.
Reply 999
Original post by atom y humber
Gave those munkuian ***** a 5 point head start whilst getting our players back properly. Even giving Ramsey extra pre season. Giroud hasn't even played this season. Yet level in point with a PES 2 classic squad.The old man lost it by not signing everyone they said. City will win it by December with the pool finishing 2nd they said.

****ing experts. All I wanna know is that is pep under pressure now? 3 matches is threshold for crisis.

Ps difeo chill out I know it's mancunians

Strong obsession

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest