The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Even Bailly has been dodgy at times, like against Watford for example. Liverpool always seem to turn up for these type of games aswell. Can't see United winning really.

I don't like Liverpool fans but they have not won the league either in a while so it would not be as bad as United winning. I want United to get sent to the Europa League again tbh. Plus with Liverpool you know they will bottle it if they go on a run so its funnier to see them get their hopes up again.
Original post by James.Carnell
No one here is saying we are going to win the league. All I am doing is responding to opposition fans who were writing us off.

We are playing **** and winning games we would not have won while playing **** last season.

Getting lucky doesn't mean we've improved. Unless we start playing better we're not going to continue winning. Take the PSG game for example, loads of people are saying that getting a point was a great result. If you watched the game we were lucky not to lose 4-0, there was no difference between that game and the one against Bayern last year when we got smashed. Only improvements this seson is Mustafi for Per whose injury was a blessing in disguise for us
I don't like Liverpool fans but they have not won the league either in a while so it would not be as bad as United winning. I want United to get sent to the Europa League again tbh. Plus with Liverpool you know they will bottle it if they go on a run so its funnier to see them get their hopes up again.

The bottler gene is too dominant for Liverpool to win the league this season. Same with spurs. Hopefully ours has been lost through natural selection. Doubt it though.

Funny if United don't qualify for CL. Jose's career would be finished.
Original post by HopelessMedic
This is what annoys me about our fan base. Why are we getting so carried away and ****ging off other teams when we're less than ten games in to the season and haven't even played well. Just calm down, we've not improved from last year yet and there's no evidence so far that we will do

I'm not carried away about ****. Didn't **** on no team. Read my post again. If you don't get it you don't get it.

Original post by difeo
Strong obsession

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmmm
Original post by HopelessMedic
Getting lucky doesn't mean we've improved. Unless we start playing better we're not going to continue winning. Take the PSG game for example, loads of people are saying that getting a point was a great result. If you watched the game we were lucky not to lose 4-0, there was no difference between that game and the one against Bayern last year when we got smashed. Only improvements this seson is Mustafi for Per whose injury was a blessing in disguise for us

It is not just luck. Otherwise every single game we would have been lucky and it does not work like that. We are doing just enough to win. It's a tough league, and you take 3 points when you can get them.
The bottler gene is too dominant for Liverpool to win the league this season. Same with spurs. Hopefully ours has been lost through natural selection. Doubt it though.

Funny if United don't qualify for CL. Jose's career would be finished.

I think we will finish second or third personally. Man City will win the league imo because they may drop some points against the big teams but they will win against all of the minor teams.

Really our season will be decided on how we play in our bogey fixtures (like the one today, e.g. Southampton away) and away games at the teams around us (e.g. Old Trafford/Anfield).
So, to confirm, my ***** Shawn makes a rape joke on the Ched Evens thread, then reports me for saying a factually correct statement (that he supports 15 year old girls on the rship forum, as can be seen from the visitor messages on his profile). Bruh
Original post by leinad2012
So, to confirm, my ***** Shawn makes a rape joke on the Ched Evens thread, then reports me for saying a factually correct statement (that he supports 15 year old girls on the rship forum, as can be seen from the visitor messages on his profile). Bruh

Shawn is a Spud, typical really.
It's still far too early in the season to see who has actually improved or not, still a long way to go and plenty of time for bottler moments. Atm it looks like if you are challenging for top 4, you are challenging for the title but I'm sure we will see the gap get bigger as the season progresses.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think we will finish second or third personally. Man City will win the league imo because they may drop some points against the big teams but they will win against all of the minor teams.

Really our season will be decided on how we play in our bogey fixtures (like the one today, e.g. Southampton away) and away games at the teams around us (e.g. Old Trafford/Anfield).

I thought City would run away with it after they beat United at Old Trafford, but Celtic brought them back down to earth and showed you can hurt them. Tottenham fully deserved to win against City even if Everton were a bit lucky yesterday with their keeper having a Fraser Forster vs Arsenal game.

If we can get a result at Old Trafford I'll believe we can win it. I stopped believing last season when we lost there to a piss poor United team.
I thought City would run away with it after they beat United at Old Trafford, but Celtic brought them back down to earth and showed you can hurt them. Tottenham fully deserved to win against City even if Everton were a bit lucky yesterday with their keeper having a Fraser Forster vs Arsenal game.

If we can get a result at Old Trafford I'll believe we can win it. I stopped believing last season when we lost there to a piss poor United team.

Thing is at Old Trafford it is always a very quick and physical game and our players have not had the fight before whereas Man Utd are always very up for it.

That is what these games boil down to, the intensity of the pressing etc.
I'm just about old enough to remember the Adams/Keown era

I really think, other than Sol Campbell, Koscielny is the best Ive seen at AFC. and appreciated as world class.

Koscielny is the best CB in the league imo
(edited 7 years ago)
good result for us yesterday in the united/Liverpool game. Doesn't help either sides momentum.. Get a decent win against ludo on Wednesday, and we are ticking along nicely..
Next few weeks of fixtures is ok. Need to get max points though, before things get much tougher in November, when we hit spurs in the first week.
Ox starting what is basically a league cup tie in Europe.
Ox has been quite wasteful despite how lively he's been. Disappointed tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy to eat my words

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes, it's Arsixnil
Unreal performance. Sánchez & Walcott madness goals. GOAT Mesut. £50 profit. What a night. Up the Arsenal.
Best game I've watched from us in ages, despite the opposition.

Quick Reply

Latest