Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Broocklyn
Is HSBC screening pre-tests?

I think so. One of my friends got rejected before test
Original post by Numerodos
I think so. One of my friends got rejected before test

Damn, thanks for your reply :smile:
Can anyone explain what is meant by saying investment banking is more than M&A and IPOs? What do you mean by more?
Original post by alexjones1994
Anyone heard back from RBC IBD post tests? Its been exactly 4 weeks since I sat the tests... Not heard anything yet besides 'pass email'. Clearly a bad a sign -_-

same here, expecting rejection in next two weeks :frown:
Original post by olly_price
I applied to global markets but I should imagine they are similar. I applied about a month ago and I have done tests, phone interview and am now under consideration for an assessment centre.

Different division but might be a good gauge for you.

How long did they take to get back to you after the phone interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by giggy12s
Can anyone explain what is meant by saying investment banking is more than M&A and IPOs? What do you mean by more?

think of all different type of transactions they work on, divestitures, spin-off, JVs, capital raising, private placement, etc.
Original post by alexjones1994
Anyone heard back from RBC IBD post tests? Its been exactly 4 weeks since I sat the tests... Not heard anything yet besides 'pass email'. Clearly a bad a sign -_-

I'm in markets, got that email and five minutes later got email to phone interview. Not sure if it might differ between divisions..
Original post by torres657
think of all different type of transactions they work on, divestitures, spin-off, JVs, capital raising, private placement, etc.

Thank you !!
For cover letters, is it recommended to format in usual way i.e my address, banks address or is Dear Sir/Madam sufficient?
Original post by skywalker94
Is this referred to the virtual cover letter or a different video interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wait the virtual cover letter was default for all applicants with BlackRock wasn't it? My bad, I haven't heard back in that case!
Has anyone attended Morgan Stanley AC? I have applied for markets and am curious about the technical interview (what it involves), and how much emphasis is put on the paper numerical test?
Is it just me or is BAML slow to respond to applicants post SJTs?
Original post by claudsssss
Is it just me or is BAML slow to respond to applicants post SJTs?

I don't know man, I sent my MS App first week of August and still haven't heard back so haha
Anyone has advises/tips for UBS IBD AC?
Any advice for Deutsche Bank first round?

Does anyone know what teams are particularly strong there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone heard back from MS IBD first round?
Reply 4376
Original post by Commercial Paper
Any advice for Deutsche Bank first round?

Does anyone know what teams are particularly strong there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

M&A wise: remember hearing A&D & FIG are good but this is second-hand from someone last summer.
Original post by gsbs2
Probably useful to go on mergermarket and check in which industries they´ve had their largest deals recently

Subscription has expired that's why I'm asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone done or got the Macquarie Telephone Interview (preferably for Macquarie Capital) - willing to swap information of some of the other interviews I have done with several banks.
Original post by TheParham
I don't know man, I sent my MS App first week of August and still haven't heard back so haha

Same here. I'm beginning to think that this is bad news...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending