The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick offer holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dammahumfira
Do you think I can get into Warwick with predicted grades: Economics: A*Geography: A*
Maths: B

Course: Business Management

Economics - 94% for AS, Geography - 89% and Maths (not so well so i put pending in ucas but predicted B)

Can i get into warwick for Management?

what board for econ
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Since Warwick are known for being so fast with their offers, I'm starting to get somewhat anxious about my application. Could anyone tell me if I should be as worried as I am?

Course: PPE
GCSEs: 10 A*s 1 A
AS: Only took Maths, got an A.
A2 predictions: A* A* A* A* (Maths, English Lit, Econ, History)
Other Unis: Oxford, KCL, UCL, Edinburgh (Edinburgh for Philosophy + Politics, the rest PPE)
Original post by will_cash
Since Warwick are known for being so fast with their offers, I'm starting to get somewhat anxious about my application. Could anyone tell me if I should be as worried as I am?

Other Unis: Oxford, KCL, UCL, Edinburgh (Edinburgh for Philosophy + Politics, the rest PPE)

with your grades you shouldn't be worried😂
Original post by IRoranth
GCSEs: 2A*s, 2As, 4Bs and a C
AS: AAB
Predicted: A*AB
Requirement is AAA

I sent my application off on the 13th, it's gone to my referee and because of half term, I have to wait until school begins again for my application to be sent off to the unis, then I'll start receiving offers hopefully!

How good are my chances for Politics and International Studies at Warwick?

I feel you've got a decent chance. I don't know which university I've read this at, but one of them said that they don't want A* A B e.g. instead of A A A but want the 3 grades, an A* instead of an A and a B instead of an A won't compensate for 2 As even though they're equivalent. However, since it's a prediction - you'll have a chance and hopefully you get more than 3 As! :smile:

Don't worry, I applied last year for Economics and they took ages to get back to me. I think the PPE selectors may be different, but since both PPE and Economics are highly competitive they just take a little longer. Your grades are fine so as long as you have a decent PS you're pretty likely to get an offer. You just need to be patient, they'll get back to you in due course.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
OMG me too!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

It was definitley the nicest one!😂
I'm predicted A*A*B but the requirement for my course which is (Management) at Warwick is AAA
Can i get in??
I'm predicted A*A*B but the requirement for my course which is (Management) at Warwick is AAA
Can i get in??

Hey I'm also going for management! There is a chance that you could get in since you have two grades that are higher than the requirement and only one lower so it's possible. It really depends on how competitive our course is this year, what you've written in your PS and what everyone else's applications are like. Fingers crossed it works out!
Original post by JRKinder
Don't worry, I applied last year for Economics and they took ages to get back to me. I think the PPE selectors may be different, but since both PPE and Economics are highly competitive they just take a little longer. Your grades are fine so as long as you have a decent PS you're pretty likely to get an offer. You just need to be patient, they'll get back to you in due course.

Around when did you get your offer last year?
Original post by tictactao
Hey I'm also going for management! There is a chance that you could get in since you have two grades that are higher than the requirement and only one lower so it's possible. It really depends on how competitive our course is this year, what you've written in your PS and what everyone else's applications are like. Fingers crossed it works out!

Yea thanks man! According the university.which.co.uk, Warwick's management course has a 56% chance getting an offer. I really want Warwick!!! But what other universities did you apply for?
Mine's: Warwick Surrey Durham Manchester Kent
Yea thanks man! According the university.which.co.uk, Warwick's management course has a 56% chance getting an offer. I really want Warwick!!! But what other universities did you apply for?
Mine's: Warwick Surrey Durham Manchester Kent

Ah cool I've been wondering where all the stats have been coming from about offer rates XD Yeah I'm applying Warwick, Edinburgh, King's College, Manchester and SOAS
Original post by looseunit
Around when did you get your offer last year?
Applied in October for the Oxbridge deadline (think it was sent on the 12th or 13th) and didn't get a response from them, bar the acknowledgement email, until March. So yeah, when I say you have to be patient I mean you really have to be patient sometimes. Or it could come next week, it just depends on when they get around to assessing your application. Sometimes universities make waves of offers and rejections at the same time, so they may have made a decision already but are waiting for such a day to alert you.
Reply 152
Application sent: 10th Oct
Course: G103 MMath
AS: AAA, A2 predicted A*A*A* (Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics)
Offer received: 14th Oct
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm sure with those grades u know u have nothing to worry about
Reply 154
Original post by AbstractHeart
Sussex, Bristol, Cambridge and UEA. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied to Oxford and St Andrews as well, but I still need to decide on my last two choices :smile:
Reply 155
Got my offer for Mathematics at Warwick the other day. I'm over the spoon with it.

When did you send your UCAS application: Monday 10th October
To which course did you apply: Mathematics
AS and A level predicted: AAAA, A*A*A*A
When did you receive your offer: 14th October
Offer: A*A*A* or A*A*A with 2 in STEP or A*A*AA
Other unis: The one and only Oxford, Surrey, Lancaster and Bath
Got an offer from warwick on the 16th for physics
Grades
GCSE -9A* 1A
A LEVEL pred -3A* maths,physics,english

Anyone else doin physics hit me up
Original post by BioOx
UCAS track was open on 6th of September. I assume that some people started receiving offers.

So....

Sent on the 09/10/16
Applied for Masters in Chemistry
Already have A* in first 6 maths modules so predicted: A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry (with an EPQ)
Received offer of AAA on the 13/10/16

Anyone else applying for Chemistry?
Original post by Adam.Stone
UCAS track was open on 6th of September. I assume that some people started receiving offers.

So....

Sent on the 09/10/16
Applied for Masters in Chemistry
Already have A* in first 6 maths modules so predicted: A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry (with an EPQ)
Received offer of AAA on the 13/10/16

Anyone else applying for Chemistry?

I'm doing Chemistry with Biological Chemistry :smile:
Original post by citibankrec
what board for econ

CIE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending