The Student Room Group

Missed Oxbridge deadline by 1 minute

15-10-2016 (18:01) Your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly. After it has been processed, we will send you a welcome letter and a booklet in the post; they will explain what happens next. Once you have the letter, you can log in to Track at ucas.com to check the progress of your application. Log in with the Personal ID on your welcome letter as this number may have changed since sending your application.

I had to Pay/Send.
Whats going to happen to me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol, the same has happened to me! I sent at 17:54, but UCAS received it only at 18:01 somehow. I wrote an email to the college I applied for, but their office is closed on weekends.
Does someone know if the application will be considered in that case?
No offence, but why would you leave it this late? Forget last minute, you should be submitting days before the deadline at least
Wait until Monday.

Call UCAS and ask if your application is listed as "on time" for Oxbridge.
Reply 4
Original post by HopelessMedic
No offence, but why would you leave it this late? Forget last minute, you should be submitting days before the deadline at least

Retrospectively I realise how dumb that was. Ideally, another day for my personal statement would have been great. Some personal circumstances didn't allow me to finish on time, but you are totally right, I should have at least started much earlier.
By sent do you mean with your reference and everything? Isn't it your school/college that sends it off? :/
Original post by Shaaayxp
By sent do you mean with your reference and everything? Isn't it your school/college that sends it off? :/

I am applying independently so I send it off after paying which caused me to slip over the deadline by a minute. Reference was included and UCAS have got back to me within 40 minutes that my application has been sent to all my unis and have been registered on Track.
I don't know how strict they will be, but it might unfortunately be classed as 'late' since the deadline was 18:00.
same here, the time shown on my personal statement page was an hour ealier, I was confused...
someone reassured me they would be too fussy about 1 min
Surely if they received your application one minute late they are not going to be that strict to say thanks, but no thanks are they?
Original post by 12103763d
someone reassured me they would be too fussy about 1 min

would or wouldn't be fussy about 1 minute?
Original post by Blueberry.89
would or wouldn't be fussy about 1 minute?

wouldnt
UCAS will look at their data and decide which applications are on time and which are late.
Original post by PQ
UCAS will look at their data and decide which applications are on time and which are late.

I know its not right to leave it so late but 2 things:

1. I completed before the deadline but UCAS received it at 18:01

2. The time is one hour behind on Apply.

I will call them on Monday as you suggest but what do you think they will say?

Thanks
I am applying independently so I send it off after paying which caused me to slip over the deadline by a minute. Reference was included and UCAS have got back to me within 40 minutes that my application has been sent to all my unis and have been registered on Track.

Well that's good then!
Original post by PQ

How can I report the problem of false time shown on my UCAS login page?

Same here it was one hour behind! How can they use GMT on the Apply page and have a BST deadline?
I know its not right to leave it so late but 2 things:

1. I completed before the deadline but UCAS received it at 18:01

2. The time is one hour behind on Apply.

I will call them on Monday as you suggest but what do you think they will say?

Thanks

In the past UCAS have been pretty lenient about applications submitted on or around the specific time of the deadline.

That's no guarantee that they will do the same this time or that if the leniency will apply to your applications. Only UCAS can confirm this when they open their phone lines on Monday morning.
Reply 19
Original post by PQ
In the past UCAS have been pretty lenient about applications submitted on or around the specific time of the deadline.

That's no guarantee that they will do the same this time or that if the leniency will apply to your applications. Only UCAS can confirm this when they open their phone lines on Monday morning.

I mean if they are lenient in past there no reason to think that they would be different this time around especially with the 1hour thing . But I am more concerned about whether the time of submission is included in application as i wouldn't want the tutors to know I submitted late lol does any one know if the UCAS they see is the same as the one we print ? Except the reference ofc

Latest

Trending

Trending