The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
Coping day to day as we all are, alhamdullilah, how are you?

Yeah I'm okay. Just chilling out, watching football. So glad it's the weekedn (Probably said that a million times now)
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum Assalaam :h: you always bring a smile on here. May Allah bless you. Ameen.

Aww Jazakullah You okay? :smile:
Ameen :smile:
Original post by ak143244
Yeah I'm okay. Just chilling out, watching football. So glad it's the weekedn (Probably said that a million times now)

You're a weekend guy too huh.
Original post by Al-farhan
You're a weekend guy too huh.

Yeah and always will be :biggrin:
Original post by Tawheed
An interesting but ultimately over simplistic and flawed set of analogies here. I wanted to address and respond to it, and formulated a response , but had a lecture and had to stop half way - but i'll address it now, even though it was posted a few days ago.

When i was young, naive, unaware of many of the essential and fundamental elements surrounding the tragedy of Kerbala, i too thought to myself 'well, he is going to Jannah, so why even cry?'. I actually didn't like going to mosque for this, and never really cried or felt sad at all. Now, tears pour without effort - and i never thought that would ever happen. So what changed?

1. The notion that simply because an individual is granted Jannah, an absolutely brutal massacare upon them should not illicit feelings of grief and sorrow for those who intensely love said individual is erroneous.

Yakub pbuh knew his son Yusuf pbuh was righteous. Yet, he cried until he went blind when his son went missing. When Muhammed s.a.w passed away, so many of the companions were overwhelmed with grief. It is the belief according to some [not me] that Hazrat Bilal never recited another adhan again in Medina, because it is said [to them] he could not even bear living there without Muhammed s.a.w. Yet, it was well known he was obviously in Jannah,

If my mother and father were granted automatic Jannah, but i found that they were brutally tortured, my six month old brother was shot with an arrow , members of my family and their companions were brutally massacred, and the female survivors having their veils ripped, chained and dragged to the one who ordered it, even the idea that they were now in heaven would not hold me back from the intense grief i would feel. Even decades after, such an event to people so beloved to me would surely scar me. I love Muhammed s.a.w more than my own mother and father. There is absolutely no competition. And they love the prophet s.a.w more than they love me. I love Hussain ibn Ali a.s more than i love my own mother and father. If i had heard that my beloved Prophet s.a.w was beaten, or lost a tooth and was hurt, it hurts my heart more than it would hurt to hear of anyone else going through the same pain.

And to us, Hussain ibn Ali a.s was more than a naive man who erroneously made a wrong choice against the advice of wiser 'men'. He was , as we all agree, the apple of the eye of Muhammed s.a.w. He was one of the two [along with Hasan ibn Ali a.s] 'sons' of rasulullah s.a.w chosen to represent the muslims against the christians of Najran. Indeed, he is one of the leaders of the youths of jannah [because no-one enters there old, we are all there as youths]. To me, he is one of the members of the Ahlulbayt asws, by the mercy and will of Allah azwj, chosen to preserve the Sunnah of Muhammed s.a.w. To me, after the death of his brother Hasan a.s, he was the rightful leader of all the muslims, and the greatest man alive.

However, it is more than merely his status, and the brutal way in which he was massacred along with many of his family and companions of Muhammed s.a.w Reflect on what he died for. His stand enabled Islam to survive, and Allah azwj, through him, enabled Islam to live on. Therefore, it is not simply mourning for someone being hurt, but rather, it is about the magnitude of the sacrifice and what it achieved.

Additionally, it is mourning the dire state of the Ummah after the death of Muhammed s.a.w. It is grief that the Ummah reached such a state of chaos and injustice, that the grandson of Muhammed s.a.w could be so mercilessly slaughtered, and the drunkard son of Muawiyah, Yazid, could sit on the very same seat as Muhammed s.a.w

Furthermore, it is accepted that the death of Hussain ibn Ali a.s was foretold by Angel Jibrael a.s himself. We normally mourn the death of someone after they die. Yet, Rasullulah cried , was given and shown the soil of Kerbala, and was heart broken decades before the death of Hussain a.s. Here: http://muslimmatters.org/2013/11/13/prophet-know-grandson-al-hussain-going-martyred/

When i remember Hussain a.s, i remember the stand of the rightful leader of all of the muslims, standing up against a drunkard and a tyrant who threatened to destroy Islam. I remember the stand which enabled the preservation of Tawheed, and the Sunnah of Muhammed s.a.w. I reflect on the oppression upon the Ahlulbayt of Muhammed s.a.w, and the tragedy of their oppression which has caused devastation to the ummah. I reflect on a man whose death was foretold and broke the heart of Muhammed s.a.w. A man who i love more than my own mother and father. He gave the ultimate sacrifice, so that i could practise islam today.

When i was young, and naive, i never truly grasped this. But with time, reflection, research, and maturity, every year the tragedy of Kerbala breaks my heart more and more.

Thanks- I appreciate the time you took out for the response. A very valid point indeed!
Salams everyone! :smile:

Walaykum asalaam
Original post by Inzamam99
Thanks- I appreciate the time you took out for the response. A very valid point indeed!

No problem. My purpose is not to convince, but merely to allow the other side of the argument to be given, so people can better make a more informed decision.

Often i see people try to make a straw man, or weaken and misinterpret the principles of the side they are opposing, so as to attack a much weaker preposition, rather than the real one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Salams everyone! :smile:

W. Salaam

How is everyone on this cloudy/rainy day? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
W. Salaam

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't raining today at my area, (so far)
It wasn't raining today at my area, (so far)

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
W. Salaam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Soaking wet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@fatima1998
Fatimaaaaaaaaaaa how has your day been? :smile:
@fatima1998
Fatimaaaaaaaaaaa how has your day been? :smile:

:toofunny: omg whats going on with my name "Fatimaaaaaaaaaaa" :lol:
pretty busy, about to do my coursework :getmecoat:
Reply 3873
Aww Jazakullah You okay? :smile:
Ameen :smile:

BarakAllahu Feek.
Good Alhamdulillah. Just got busy with cooking, got guests. I am serving dinner in 5 mins with my mum Alhamdulillah :smile:
Wbu?
Original post by fatima1998
:toofunny: omg whats going on with my name "Fatimaaaaaaaaaaa" :lol:
pretty busy, about to do my coursework :getmecoat:

I don't know, I like doing that. I'm weird.

Oh.. what's your coursework about. Maybe I could help?
I don't know, I like doing that. I'm weird.

Oh.. what's your coursework about. Maybe I could help?

i can tell :lol:
oh its health and social coursework :fuhrer: which is loads and you dont have to help me :nah: because i know what i need to write, its just the time which makes it worse :indiff:
Original post by h333
BarakAllahu Feek.
Good Alhamdulillah. Just got busy with cooking, got guests. I am serving dinner in 5 mins with my mum Alhamdulillah :smile:
Wbu?

Ah bless you.
I'm good, just chilling out. So bored though at the same time, going to go soon anyway :smile:
i can tell :lol:
oh its health and social coursework :fuhrer: which is loads and you dont have to help me :nah: because i know what i need to write, its just the time which makes it worse :indiff:

Oh okay. May Allah make it easy for you.
Hmm. I take ages writing and I hardly finish the paper. Need to focus on my writing skills..
Oh okay. May Allah make it easy for you.
Hmm. I take ages writing and I hardly finish the paper. Need to focus on my writing skills..

Ameen
aha we all need to improve something :emo:
Ameen
aha we all need to improve something :emo:

Yeah soo true
Be right back sorry

Latest