The Student Room Group

Why don't boys like me?

I'm quiet and don't really approach people, but if someone starts a conversation with me I'll be happy to talk. I had a crush on a guy in my class last year and I thought he might like me too since I always caught him looking, but nothing ever came of it. What am I doing wrong? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm quiet and don't really approach people, but if someone starts a conversation with me I'll be happy to talk. I had a crush on a guy in my class last year and I thought he might like me too since I always caught him looking, but nothing ever came of it. What am I doing wrong? :frown:

Approach him and take chance otherwise you will never know if he liked you.
this sounds like me :redface:

try going up to someone and just start a simple conversation, ask questions and then the rest should just flow
Reply 3
Original post by SM6
Approach him and take chance otherwise you will never know if he liked you.

He's not in my class anymore so idk what to do or what I would even say
Reply 4
You could be too shy. How old are you?
Reply 5
Original post by Scott.
You could be too shy. How old are you?

I'm 17 and I am really shy at first but I do warm up to people after I've spoken to them a few times
Reply 6
I'm 17 and I am really shy at first but I do warm up to people after I've spoken to them a few times

Strange, you're quite old and most girls your age have already had at least a few relationships. Are you popular with girls?
Reply 7
Original post by Scott.
Strange, you're quite old and most girls your age have already had at least a few relationships. Are you popular with girls?

I've never had any relationship :frown: and idk really I don't have a lot of friends just a few close ones
Original post by Scott.

It's not that strange is it? My friends and I are 17 as well and none of us have had relationships before
He's not in my class anymore so idk what to do or what I would even say

Contact him on any social media. Start off a conversation and just talk about the things you like.
Reply 10
I've never had any relationship :frown: and idk really I don't have a lot of friends just a few close ones

Try and be friendly with girls who are quite popular and get them to hook you up with someone.

Or you could make friends with boys who are quite introverted, but they might run off as they're quite shy too.

If you want some genuine advice, private message me.
Original post by Scott.
Try and be friendly with girls who are quite popular and get them to hook you up with someone.

Or you could make friends with boys who are quite introverted, but they might run off as they're quite shy too.

I think it's too late to make new friends now since I've just started year 17 and everyone already has their friendship groups established :/

The boy I like seems kind of shy/introverted so I don't know how to approach him and I'm not even sure if he likes me back
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
It's not that strange is it? My friends and I are 17 as well and none of us have had relationships before

Same. I don't think it's a big deal- unless one makes it to be.
wow, so let's get this straight: your version of flirting is "look at him and hope he's braver than me" - seems legit...
It's that old chestnut, a girl never approaches guys and wonders why she's single, not trying to be rude :smile:
Reply 16
I don't think anyone here can answer that question. How does your appearance look? Are you fit and do you look after yourself? Why don't you try talking to them I mean it's totally normal nowadays, boys also fear rejection you know.
Guys are not going to approach you if you don't seem approachable. Have you tried saying hi to him?
Smile and try to be confident
Original post by Zeus007
I don't think anyone here can answer that question. How does your appearance look? Are you fit and do you look after yourself? Why don't you try talking to them I mean it's totally normal nowadays, boys also fear rejection you know.

I think my appearance is ok but I'm not really sure. I definitely look after myself and dress well etc.

I guess I will just try being more open to talking to guys but it's very hard being an extremely shy person, I always feel like I'm annoying people or seem really awkward or something
Original post by Larissa14
Guys are not going to approach you if you don't seem approachable. Have you tried saying hi to him?
Smile and try to be confident

Well I saw him at an open day once and smiled and said hey, but now I walk past him in the hallways sometimes and he just looks away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending