The Student Room Group

Have I done something wrong by saying this??

So a girl I'm meting next week out a photo up of her mum fornher birthday so a joke I said "haha yeah btw your mum=**** alert 😂" Clearly as a bit of banter. But she read and hasn't replied. Is she just spending time with her mum and will text back tomorrow or have I been too offensive and she hasn't liked it? She knows I'm only joking

Scroll to see replies

No way to tell, perhaps she thought it was really witty and showed her mum or perhaps she was a bit put off or you are just fretting and ovethinking.
Reply 2
Your mum jokes aren't really that funny anymore, especially when you're using them on a girl you're planning on dating...
It's a bit of banter, if she found that offensive she needs to move on
Reply 4
Original post by lulucoco98
It's a bit of banter, if she found that offensive she needs to move on

So I didn't really do anything offensive then?
Original post by Anonymous
So I didn't really do anything offensive then?

A bit of "banter"? Then why is the word censored here?
Reply 6
If you make a joke on my mum I would block you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Banter only works when you're well-acquainted with the person and where there's full understanding. Is it possible there was a communication error anywhere? Of course it's possible. But I wonder the likelihood that there was a misinterpretation. I would clear up the misunderstanding immediately.
Reply 8
Original post by Kiritsugu
Banter only works when you're well-acquainted with the person and where there's full understanding. Is it possible there was a communication error anywhere? Of course it's possible. But I wonder the likelihood that there was a misinterpretation. I would clear up the misunderstanding immediately.

Ive known her for a year
Ive known her for a year

What is the word - it's censored so I don't know what you called her mother? It's not the best thing to talk negatively about someone's mother, or any family member for that matter. A compliment would have complimented the photo.
Look I can pretty much call my good friends anything I want and vice versa, but I would not walk up to someone I barely knew and throw insults at him/her or any family members.
Original post by Kiritsugu
What is the word - it's censored so I don't know what you called her mother? It's not the best thing to talk negatively about someone's mother, or any family member for that matter. A compliment would have complimented the photo.

I said M. I L. F. I said it in a way that she knew me I wasn't joking
Original post by AperfectBalance
Look I can pretty much call my good friends anything I want and vice versa, but I would not walk up to someone I barely knew and throw insults at him/her or any family members.

I've known her for a year and I said she was a M. I. l. f . She knows I'm joking
I've known her for a year and I said she was a M. I. l. f . She knows I'm joking

Alright. 1 year is still little and milk (yeah I'm staying PG) is not a nice thing to say at all, even if you meant it as banter. Regardless of whether it's nice or not, maybe she doesn't actually know how to respond to the statement because it's so out of the ordinary (something so out of the ordinary is not banter btw or maybe it is idk) - maybe she's confused herself.

Obviously it's very likely she knows it's banter. But regardless, would her mum take that as banter? Think about that.

Now that I think about it, calling her mum milk is very strange............ I've never come across anyone who said that. Yeah, that's not a nice thing to say imo.
Were you joking or not? #12 and#13 seem to contradict. Seems to have gone over your head that people respond in different ways because they dont always have the same soh as you. Probably overthinking it. You will know if she blocks or cancels on you.
Regardless of how well acquainted you are with someone calling their mum a **** is rude, and even more so, weird. I would probably apologise to her and hope she didnt take it too wrong
Original post by 999tigger
Were you joking or not? #12 and#13 seem to contradict. Seems to have gone over your head that people respond in different ways because they dont always have the same soh as you. Probably overthinking it. You will know if she blocks or cancels on you.

Yes I said it in a way where she would know I was only joking. If someone said it to me like that I'd think they were joking
I think she might have found it a bit creepy,tbh. She could now be thinking that you fancy her mother, or else why would you have said that? [That's what she might be thinking]. How would you have reacted if she jokingly said to you she wanted your dad to **** her?
Just thinking as well OP, there are ****S on websites who advertise themselves as such, often in a very explicit way. You don't think your friend thought you were trying to insinuate her mother looked like one of those women who advertise themselves as ****S ,do you? The only way you will know if you have offended her or her mother or both is to contact her. Hopefully it will be nothing and she saw your sense of humour in it.
Original post by markova21
I think she might have found it a bit creepy,tbh. She could now be thinking that you fancy her mother, or else why would you have said that? [That's what she might be thinking]. How would you have reacted if she jokingly said to you she wanted your dad to **** her?

Wait what? I meant it as in to say She looked good not that I fancy her?? If she thinks I want to **** her mum she has no sense of humour. If she said that I'd take it as a joke cos I know it would never happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending