The Student Room Group

Why don't boys like me?

Scroll to see replies

give me a PM and ill help you out :smile: I can tell you that i was in a similar position.
I guess I was just scared of rejection because I'm quite insecure; I didn't know if I would be his type because he's super smart and I thought he might be into more "nerdy" girls
Reply 22
You get guys who are very shy just like yourself; you ain't gonna get them by looking at each other so I suggest you initiate a conversation and don't worry about rejection because rejection is normal.
Original post by Anonymous
Well I saw him at an open day once and smiled and said hey, but now I walk past him in the hallways sometimes and he just looks away

Well that's proberly you problem then . If you can't actaully hold a conversation with him then he's not going to approach you is he?
I know you are shy but if you really aren't going to talk to him, you dhould move on
I'm not very shy unless I start a totally new place. But, I do have a crush on a mate in my friendship group. :colondollar:
Original post by Larissa14
Well that's proberly you problem then . If you can't actaully hold a conversation with him then he's not going to approach you is he?
I know you are shy but if you really aren't going to talk to him, you dhould move on

Well when I was leaving the open day I saw him eating and was walking towards him but he dashed off lmao so I didn't really have a chance to properly talk to him
Reply 26
Well when I was leaving the open day I saw him eating and was walking towards him but he dashed off lmao so I didn't really have a chance to properly talk to him

Don't worry, lots of people can relate to you! I am confident but don't want to embarrass myself, so I stick with who I have known for a long time.

Also, this isn't me trying to be pessimistic but how many relationships last at 17? (I'm also 17, btw) Like most just fail and people are 'heartbroken'.

But honestly what I've learnt is a person will not be angry or annoyed at you for saying hi or approaching them, the best friendships or relationships happen that way.

So, just try and find common ground and not have a yr 7 conversation of "HI" WUU2" "BYE"

But wish you all the best :smile:
If

if you are never going to actually talk to him ,then just move on.
Have you added him on facebook
Original post by Larissa14
If

if you are never going to actually talk to him ,then just move on.
Have you added him on facebook

Yeah he added me on facebook actually which I thought could be a good sign

I would like to talk to him I just don't know how as I have no experience
Original post by Hassanh
Don't worry, lots of people can relate to you! I am confident but don't want to embarrass myself, so I stick with who I have known for a long time.

Also, this isn't me trying to be pessimistic but how many relationships last at 17? (I'm also 17, btw) Like most just fail and people are 'heartbroken'.

But honestly what I've learnt is a person will not be angry or annoyed at you for saying hi or approaching them, the best friendships or relationships happen that way.

So, just try and find common ground and not have a yr 7 conversation of "HI" WUU2" "BYE"

But wish you all the best :smile:

We're both applying for the same course at uni so I think this is something I could talk about with him, I just need an opportunity to do so but it's hard now that we're not in any of the same classes anymore
Thanks for the advice

I've definitely improved a lot over the last year or so but still I would like to completely overcome my shyness so I will keep these things in mind!
Im a guy(17) and had(still do to a lesser extent) this exact problem of finding it really hard to talk to people. I guess my advice to you would be to keep at it and dont be afraid to make a fool of yourself, often, its easier for me to talk about work or something to start off. I can definitely see that Ive gotten so much better over the last year or so there is definitely hope.
Original post by Scott.
Try and be friendly with girls who are quite popular and get them to hook you up with someone.

Or you could make friends with boys who are quite introverted, but they might run off as they're quite shy too.

I beg u shut up- "make friends with popular girls" There's seriously more to life mate
Reply 34
We're both applying for the same course at uni so I think this is something I could talk about with him, I just need an opportunity to do so but it's hard now that we're not in any of the same classes anymore

That's cool, what course is it? And definitely make the most of it, especially if he comes across as 'intelligent' because he's most likely passionate or interested in the subject.

What is life if we don't take risks? :smile:
Yeah I think that's a good idea to message him about applying to uni but I'm just so scared because I don't want to annoy him or embarrass myself if he doesn't actually like me back :frown:

Original post by Hassanh
That's cool, what course is it? And definitely make the most of it, especially if he comes across as 'intelligent' because he's most likely passionate or interested in the subject.

What is life if we don't take risks? :smile:

Computer science, and I guess you're right I'll never get anywhere with this unless I talk to him but I'm so shy and awkward so I need to build up the courage :biggrin:
Reply 36
Computer science, and I guess you're right I'll never get anywhere with this unless I talk to him but I'm so shy and awkward so I need to build up the courage :biggrin:

Really interesting course, History myself. Yeah, just go for it- best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending