The Student Room Group

Black woman doctor on flight dismissed as passenger chokes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cremated_Spatula
M.L King would be disgusted with the men and women rioting in that video.

lol.

Original post by TooFocused
I still can't see how white privilege exists.

then you are ignorant. And considering you watch ben shapiro (lol) i would say that you are demonstrating the confirmation bias.

It is also laughably ironic that you told me to consider different viewpoints.

Typical alt right.
Original post by dropoutbear
lol.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
Through violence you may murder the liar,
but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
Through violence you may murder the hater,
but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate.
"
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
Through violence you may murder the liar,
but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
Through violence you may murder the hater,
but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate. "

This is meaningless as it isnt in the context of a riot.

I rest my case.
This is meaningless as it isnt in the context of a riot.

I rest my case.

Not condemning the people who riot is not the same as condoning rioting.

How is it meaningless?
Violence does not stop being violence just because it is during a hate and prejudice fuelled riot.

"Man was born into barbarism
when killing his fellow man
was a normal condition of existence.
He became endowed with a conscience.
And he has now reached the day
when violence toward another human being
must become as abhorrent as eating another's flesh."

The context of the civil rights movement is a lot different from what is happening today.

That too.
(edited 7 years ago)
then you are ignorant. And considering you watch ben shapiro (lol) i would say that you are demonstrating the confirmation bias.

It is also laughably ironic that you told me to consider different viewpoints.

Typical alt right.

I sent that video because it is a total contrast from what you believe in. I asked you if you could enlighten me with evidence to prove that white privilege is true. You didn't give me any and just deflected the point by telling me to research it. You're the one saying stuff like "it's institutionalised" and "I agree, white people are privileged" so the burden is on you. If you so strongly believe in the idea then surely it isn't hard to evidence your belief? It isn't ironic that I told you to consider different viewpoints, I've looked into the discussion several times from many angles (might help if you could get past your own itty bitty ad hominen "ooo insert political figure who I disagree with on a personal level but cannot refute with solid evidence" attitude problem) to try and be as objective as possible. Every time I look at this issue, I conclude white privilege doesn't exist. That isn't to say racism does not exist. Oh, and I'm not even white, so don't play that card. If you continue to believe in this sort of race baiting non-sense then you are part of the problem.
The context of the civil rights movement is a lot different from what is happening today.

I beg to differ
I beg to differ

Your opinion is trash.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I sent that video because it is a total contrast from what you believe in. I asked you if you could enlighten me with evidence to prove that white privilege is true. You didn't give me any and just deflected the point by telling me to research it. You're the one saying stuff like "it's institutionalised" and "I agree, white people are privileged" so the burden is on you. If you so strongly believe in the idea then surely it isn't hard to evidence your belief? It isn't ironic that I told you to consider different viewpoints, I've looked into the discussion several times from many angles (might help if you could get past your own itty bitty ad hominen "ooo insert political figure who I disagree with on a personal level but cannot refute with solid evidence" attitude problem) to try and be as objective as possible. Every time I look at this issue, I conclude white privilege doesn't exist. That isn't to say racism does not exist. Oh, and I'm not even white, so don't play that card. If you continue to believe in this sort of race baiting non-sense then you are part of the problem.
I think that race baiting nonsense has been spread very widely, under the cover of PC

of course that racism exists, but when someone says that "it is prevalent" (where ? when ? how ? ) he has to make his case

best
Original post by desaf1
Where's the evidence that the flight attendant believed she wasn't a real doctor because of her race?

If they ask for a Dr and someone puts themselves forwward as being such, then why would you dismiss them out of hand?

There will be an investigation, but I cant see it being unreasonable to think it was about race as she must be able to present herself professionallu as its her job.
Your opinion is trash.

Spoiler

Add some salt to that privilege milk
If they don't like it they can move back to africa

You jumped into the convo so the burden is wholly on you. If you dont give me the courtesy to state your points then ill return the favour, its as simple as that.

That exchange i had with the other poster was very sarcastic, if you had realised.

It seems like you're the one who's lacking the ability to consider other viewpoints, see post 45.

You conclude as you wish, as i said, confirmation bias, since you claim you cant find anything that proves that white privilege exists

No, i did not play that card, you just lack basic intuition
Add some salt to that privilege milk

I've had too much salt for one day, wouldn't want to dehydrate.

I like how you shut up about M.L King. It's good to know when you're beaten.
I've had too much salt for one day, wouldn't want to dehydrate.

Nope, there was just nothing to more to say on the topic.

You took a quote out of context, i took a quote in context.

But you keep thinking you beat me.
Nope, there was just nothing to more to say on the topic.

You took a quote out of context, i took a quote in context.

But you keep thinking you beat me.

Your delusion is fascinating.
Your delusion is fascinating.

[video="youtube;ZOmp3HpAGgM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmp3HpAGgM[/video]
- You still can't give any actual evidence for what you believe in. Maybe because its just a belief.
- It's ironic that you mention confirmation bias, must be your new buzz word when you can't say anything meaningful
- I stated that you should not play the card, not that you had played it. No need to get all ad hominen.

I've already explained why im not giving you my points. Let me put it in bold for you.

You jumped into the convo so the burden is wholly on you. If you dont give me the courtesy to state your points then ill return the favour, its as simple as that.

oh, and google the definition of irony
[video="youtube;ZOmp3HpAGgM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmp3HpAGgM[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending