The Student Room Group

Controlled assesment plagerism?

Currently resiting english language in a different school

As my controlled assessment wasn't seen by AQA last year, could I possibly use some paragraphs for future controlled assessments? Right now, my class are doing the Spoken Language assessment, would it be bad if I used the introduction and maybe 1 paragraph from my previous work which was the same question?
Original post by zukkalik
Currently resiting english language in a different school

As my controlled assessment wasn't seen by AQA last year, could I possibly use some paragraphs for future controlled assessments? Right now, my class are doing the Spoken Language assessment, would it be bad if I used the introduction and maybe 1 paragraph from my previous work which was the same question?

Maybe you can just use the mark you got for that. I don't actually know btw the answer whether it's acceptable to simply copy and paste it - which I wouldn't do btw just for safety measures. Maybe paraphrase, but definitely not copy. that's a bad idea.
Reply 2
Original post by Kiritsugu
Maybe you can just use the mark you got for that. I don't actually know btw the answer whether it's acceptable to simply copy and paste it - which I wouldn't do btw just for safety measures. Maybe paraphrase, but definitely not copy. that's a bad idea.

I don't THINK i can use the mark, i'm probably going to paraphrase it though
Original post by zukkalik
I don't THINK i can use the mark, i'm probably going to paraphrase it though

I would first check if you can use the mark. Don't tell them your plans of paraphrasing or whatever, just ask the question in general.

Read: www.jcq.org.uk/Download/exams-office/malpractice/plagiarism-in-examinations

Basically plagiarism is copying someone else's work (with certain conditions). But because it's your work, by definition it's not plagiarism.

I would definitely not just copy and paste it but I would paraphrase your work because that will save time given it's basically the same question - obviously try to improve it and match it exactly to the question if you can.
Paraphase. Don't copy word to word. Change it around.
Reply 5
Your Controlled Assessment shouldn't be done in advance at all - so opportunities for copying and pasting don't exist. You can do some plans, but pre-drafting and copying is against the rules and risks the school being disbarred.

Essentially, CA is like an extended exam with pre-preparation.

Unless you actually mean coursework?
Original post by lwaxanna
Your Controlled Assessment shouldn't be done in advance at all - so opportunities for copying and pasting don't exist. You can do some plans, but pre-drafting and copying is against the rules and risks the school being disbarred.

Essentially, CA is like an extended exam with pre-preparation.

Unless you actually mean coursework?

Yes. But in controlled assessment you soemetimes get the title before hand, whereby tou can think about what to wrte. Im not encouraging chwating but i have known people to actually learn their whole essays off by heart. If this is the case, then here OP has already done an essay(maybe as coursework) so wouldn't be wise to write word to word.
I suppose you could just argue and say to write from scratch, but you wouldn't believe that when you've already done the assessment/essay how many sentences are actually stuck in your head and unknowingly you could be copying it. I've done that for my practices. Besides, what's the point of rewriting from scratch when you've already done the essay once. You're only copying yur own work and even that paraphrasing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending