The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

The British people are unattractive stereotype.

Scroll to see replies

British guys are quite attractive
Original post by Longshot002
Bart Simpson is going nuts and wolf whistling, that's my reaction to that hot girl you posted.

Ahh. You can tell it was late.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Brits looked better before alcoholism and obesity reigned supreme.

Just got back from church via train I saw quite a lot of rough looking people.
Original post by Akamega
British guys are incredibly attractive. Relatively tall, decent bone structure, normally blue eyes of some sort. British women however...

lol brits are not tall at all LOOL
Reply 64
Original post by dropoutbear
lol brits are not tall at all LOOL

I think nordic nations are pretty much the only caucasian nations where the average height is taller. Virtually every asian nation is of course shorter. Africa I'm not sure on but I suspect are taller/of similar height depending on whether north or south.
Reply 65
Tbh it's not a stereotype I've heard before. I definitely know we're not thought to have good style, and compared with for instance the French and Italians I'd go along with that, but unattractive is a new one to me.

Even if it were the case our accents are normally thought to be some of the sexiest so that probably makes up for it.
Reply 66
Man, if I looked like this guy, all my life's problems I would able to forgive. :coma:

700.jpg
Original post by Dheorl
Tbh it's not a stereotype I've heard before. I definitely know we're not thought to have good style, and compared with for instance the French and Italians I'd go along with that, but unattractive is a new one to me.

Even if it were the case our accents are normally thought to be some of the sexiest so that probably makes up for it.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of the stereotype. Charlie Hebdo printed a cartoon that's quite accurate tbh you can see where they're coming from (lol'd when I noticed the tattoo):

I think there is the loutish, fat, binge drinking stereotype of Brits among Europeans. The whole 'Brits abroad' thing.
Reply 68
It is entirely in the eye of the beholder you can say.
Personally of all the English I know I don't know any that are massively ugly and the same goes for Germans and most the French, now there are ugly people from each of these countries but I mean in my opinion the prettiest and nicest girls and for the most part guys I know are all either English, German or French.
It's once you start moving away from that area that, in my opinion, they juts get worse. (This is a general rule though and does have exceptions).
But ya, i is entirely to do with who you are, and personally I find British, German and French people often the nicest..... except the stereotype that French guys are all camp photographers or mime-artists.
Original post by WoodyMKC
According to statistics, polls and surveys regarding attractive nations, Brits always score quite highly.

Are those polls and surveys conducted in Britain by any chance?

Original post by AperfectBalance
Every nationality has really ugly people.

Some nations have more than their fair share of mingers, but dont judge a book by its cover. Ugly people always come out top in class.

Side story, In my clinical placement site we only have one eastern European woman and every male patient that comes into her room hits on her. She's in her thirties and she's drop dead gorgeous. She's a pleasure to be around too. Every other woman in the department? the saying dog chewing on a wasp comes to mind. Not just on the outside but on the inside too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by retro_turtles
How can we be ugly when we have this beautiful man?

He looks like he's about to bite someone.
Reply 71
Original post by Wilfred Little
I'm surprised you haven't heard of the stereotype. Charlie Hebdo printed a cartoon that's quite accurate tbh you can see where they're coming from (lol'd when I noticed the tattoo):

I think there is the loutish, fat, binge drinking stereotype of Brits among Europeans. The whole 'Brits abroad' thing.

I've heard of the loud, drunken stereotype, but people seem to struggle a bit with it because it directly goes against the gentlemanly, reserved stereotype that has been going much longer.

Ugly though is a new one to me, and I've worked in Europe and have European friends from numerous countries. We're always making racist jokes, and Brits being ugly was never one which came up.

Doesn't really bother me, every country has stereotypes, none are good and none are true. French smell bad, Italians are weak, Spanish are lazy, Americans are stupid, Nordic countries in general are just a bit backwards, the list goes on.
Original post by Reality Check
He looks like he's about to bite someone.

Well idk what you're into but hey
How can you even distinguish a British look, unlike other countries Britain has has some of the most immigration over the centuries. A mix of Irish and scandannavian in the North, saxon and germanic in the south along with much more. There is not one way to distinguish a British person, whereas it is much easier to distinguish someone from Denmark or Sweden.. for example.
Original post by parsn1p
Man, if I looked like this guy, all my life's problems I would able to forgive. :coma:

700.jpg

He looks plastic and fake, I mean look at them teeth for example. Why would you want to look like that.
Original post by CookieButter
Are those polls and surveys conducted in Britain by any chance?

Not any that I've seen, no.
People around the world are actually the same. You see this woman below? Attractive?

Attachment not found

What if you could see through her flesh? What if your eyes were like the x-ray machine?

1476633036054.jpg

This woman still attractive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find British people attractive. I have no idea why.
Original post by retro_turtles
absolute sex gods

This is still giving me a laughing fit.
Original post by Longshot003
This is still giving me a laughing fit.

he's coming to tickle your nipple

Latest

Trending

Trending