The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kxjzh
How's it going for everyone?1 week till half term!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not too bad, I have a C1 maths mock in November, so I'm slightly focusing my revision on that.
I can't wait!!!!!!my subjects are going well but I'm working period for chemistry!ive been put in profession intervention room THRICE for my gel I hope they don't knock m put in scared!!!😓
Original post by Kxjzh
How's it going for everyone?1 week till half term!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skhan99
I can't wait!!!!!!my subjects are going well but I'm working period for chemistry!ive been put in profession intervention room THRICE for my gel I hope they don't knock m put in scared!!!😓

What's profession intervention room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When is everyone going to start looking around uni's? :smile:
Original post by jazz_xox_

I've been to Cambridge, Southampton and Brighton & Sussex open days this year.
I haven't been to any open days yet, most uni open days I want to go to are at least 150 miles away! Will probably go to some in March, or June, whenever/if they have them then.
Reply 1066
- Introduce yourself
Hi, my name is Jon, I'm 16 years old and currently in sixth form in the East of England. Despite this being quite late to the party with this whole thread I got 5A's and 5Bs at GCSE with two subjects being sent off for remark currently which I'm quite proud of as I did all my learning for my GCSE's in year 11.

- What are your hobbies and interests?My main interest lies in web design and computer security as I wish to pursue this further later in my life.
- What subjects are you planning to take?Computer science, History, Media studies and Business studies
- Your favourite subject(s)?
Computer science will always be my favorite no matter what lmao
- Your ideal future occupation?
Cyber security engineer if not a role within business administration

Thank you for taking the time to read this xo
Original post by ZZ3K
- Introduce yourself
Hi, my name is Jon, I'm 16 years old and currently in sixth form in the East of England. Despite this being quite late to the party with this whole thread I got 5A's and 5Bs at GCSE with two subjects being sent off for remark currently which I'm quite proud of as I did all my learning for my GCSE's in year 11.

- What are your hobbies and interests?My main interest lies in web design and computer security as I wish to pursue this further later in my life.
- What subjects are you planning to take?Computer science, History, Media studies and Business studies

Hey, well done on your GCSEs!! What history are you taking now? x
Original post by ZZ3K
- Introduce yourself

Another media student! Welcome to the thread
Where u redo work u do bad in 😂 I've literally been getting ones and twos out of fifteen and stuff I'm really trying hardcore now 😭😭😭
Original post by Kxjzh
What's profession intervention room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jazz_xox_

Already started. I'm (hopefully) going to an open day this weekend and the Cambridge subject masterclass with my friend next month.
7 hours of lessons left this half term, 3 hours of study sessions. So nearly there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like I'm so late to the party...
Hi! I'm in sixth form (obviously), and I'm studying French, Psychology and English Literature, and I'm also doing the EPQ (which I'm relating to Psychology as I want to study that at Cambridge!) If anyone else is taking French, please be my friend because I am struggling so much right now!
Obviously my favourite subject is Psychology, but my hobbies include the piano, singing, writing, baking, hating my job at McDonalds, and gaming.
Original post by surejan
If anyone else is taking French, please be my friend because I am struggling so much right now!

same :five: it's not really conceptually hard, especially since we're going over gcse grammar, but the workload is so high (and daunting!)
we have grammar or vocab tests or an essay every week in a rotation, and the essays are the absolute worst. i always find myself doing them the day before but they haven't been too bad thankfully
around six people in my class dropped french in the first few weeks and although i like it, sometimes i wish i'd swapped it for something a bit lighter (economics i'm looking at you :colonhash: )
Our teachers are finally piling on the load and God there's a lot of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
same :five: it's not really conceptually hard, especially since we're going over gcse grammar, but the workload is so high (and daunting!)
we have grammar or vocab tests or an essay every week in a rotation, and the essays are the absolute worst. i always find myself doing them the day before but they haven't been too bad thankfully
around six people in my class dropped french in the first few weeks and although i like it, sometimes i wish i'd swapped it for something a bit lighter (economics i'm looking at you :colonhash: )

I generally have grammar and vocab tests a couple of times a week as I have two teachers, but I only have to do essays every 2-3 weeks luckily. I agree though, I still leave them to the last minute! Old habits die hard, I guess.
There's literally only seven people in my class - 2 left in the first week! But even though French is really hard, I'm glad I didn't swap to Physics because it looks even harder (my friend does it and shows me the work she has to do).
I mean, I do like French but if my teacher asks me a question in French and I don't understand her, instead of asking in English she just keeps repeating it in French. It's stuff like that, how these teachers assume that I learnt so much at my old school, that stresses me out the most!
Original post by ErinMei
I should be able to help with this as i also do chemistry , biology and maths!!
Well firstly, i have a lever arch file for each of my subjects and i have the specification for each of my subjects printed off and glued to file dividers and put into my files.
During each lesson (mainly chemistry&biology) i will make rough notes in my paper pad and highlight the title for each part of the spec when we begin to learn it (to track what i'm learning)
Then throughout the lesson i'll tick off the parts of the spec we have covered and always ask for help straight away if i don't understand something.
When i get home i sort out my files ( i do this everyday). I will copy up my rough notes in neat and make sure i cover each point from the spec and everything i've learned in lesson. Doing this helps me to retain the information i've learned. I will then make sure to complete every single piece of homework i've been given and make sure to ask my teachers about anything i don't understand.
At the end of each week i make flashcards for my sciences and make them on everything ive learned in that week. I use flashcards to revise so if i stick to this routine by exam time i will have flashcards on everything i've learned.
If i have a test coming up i'll get people to test me on my flashcards and at the end of each half term i plan to review all my flashcards and make sure i know them off by heart before i go back to school for the next half term (to decrease revision stress)
The website i use for my flashcards is called
Cram , if you're interested.

You're literally like my twin! I do all of this but I write the flashcards out by hand instead :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys are looking at open days in Year 12!?
Original post by Fractite
You guys are looking at open days in Year 12!?

I know right? I'm only just getting to grips with a levels not even thinking of uni yet
Reply 1079
Commented on here a few times before but anyone doing geography, media or english - lit and Lang? 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest