The Student Room Group

am I being emotionally abused?

So I met this guy on ncs and he seemed really nice so I kinda kept in touch with him along with a few other people from ncs. He wants a relationship between us and continues to ask and I have never really given him a direct answer but I made it clear I don't really want to. For the sake of things let's call him Jake (not his real name).
Two of his friends have recently told me that they think Jake is being emotionally abusive towards me. He has a go at me for talking to other guys, and I'm not allowed to talk to any of his friends or he gets very mad at me. If I do something he doesn't like he pretty much ignores me for a day or two and then calls me and assumes that I'm not mad at him for ignoring me or being mean to me.
The other day he admitted that he does get mad at me a lot but he said it's because "he is always pissed of cause of sixth form or his mates so he takes **** out on me" and that it is not my fault.
One of his friends showed me text messages from Jake to him saying that he talks to about six other girls as well as me but his friend says Jake doesn't treat the other girls the way he treats me. His two friends message me every couple of days to check up on me because of the fact they think Jake is being emotionally abusive.
I need advice on what to do and people tell me to walk away but I don't feel like I can. Every time I try to ignore him, he finds a way around it so I end up talking to him again. I don't even know if I want to ignore him completely because most of the time he is a really nice guy.
Original post by gingy434
So I met this guy on ncs and he seemed really nice so I kinda kept in touch with him along with a few other people from ncs. He wants a relationship between us and continues to ask and I have never really given him a direct answer but I made it clear I don't really want to. For the sake of things let's call him Jake (not his real name).
Two of his friends have recently told me that they think Jake is being emotionally abusive towards me. He has a go at me for talking to other guys, and I'm not allowed to talk to any of his friends or he gets very mad at me. If I do something he doesn't like he pretty much ignores me for a day or two and then calls me and assumes that I'm not mad at him for ignoring me or being mean to me.
The other day he admitted that he does get mad at me a lot but he said it's because "he is always pissed of cause of sixth form or his mates so he takes **** out on me" and that it is not my fault.
One of his friends showed me text messages from Jake to him saying that he talks to about six other girls as well as me but his friend says Jake doesn't treat the other girls the way he treats me. His two friends message me every couple of days to check up on me because of the fact they think Jake is being emotionally abusive.
I need advice on what to do and people tell me to walk away but I don't feel like I can. Every time I try to ignore him, he finds a way around it so I end up talking to him again. I don't even know if I want to ignore him completely because most of the time he is a really nice guy.

Doesn't sound like a nice guy to me tbh, i think your friends are right as that's slightly controlling behavior that he's showing there.
He sounds like an immature dickhead. You're not even dating and he's telling you who he can talk to and getting mad for no reason? Even HIS friends can see it. Not a good sign.

Cut him off. If he asks you out again, be blunt.
Lol I suggest you let Jake go and move on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending