The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mystery.
Anyone else not got an acknowledgement email from Glasgow or Imperial?

I think Glasgow doesn't send them. I got an offer from them but not an acknowledgement
Original post by mintiess
I think Glasgow doesn't send them. I got an offer from them but not an acknowledgement

Oh I see. I was just scared that maybe my application got lost or something.
Original post by IcedArizona
Oh okay well crossing my fingers I'll get some updates next week! Applying for physics and maths combined at UCL, exeter, Birmingham and Bristol + Natural Sciences at Cambridge :smile:
I'm really looking forward to uni cause im kind of tired of studying like 9 subjects haha (loving the french bac)

9 subjects? Don't envy you for that! I did 4 A level subjects - that was more than enough lol.

You are in for quite a wait then if you have applied to Cambridge but the others should be quicker at least. The waiting is the hardest bit. I had a long wait too - applied to a healthcare course and got my first interview in December (followed by others in Jan Feb and March) - was still hanging around for last decision into April! Thank goodness that's over now!

Good luck with your application. Admire you for maths and physics - sounds like a nightmare to me (bit of a maths phobia here) :colondollar:
Original post by AmyPilot
9 subjects? Don't envy you for that! I did 4 A level subjects - that was more than enough lol.

You are in for quite a wait then if you have applied to Cambridge but the others should be quicker at least. The waiting is the hardest bit. I had a long wait too - applied to a healthcare course and got my first interview in December (followed by others in Jan Feb and March) - was still hanging around for last decision into April! Thank goodness that's over now!

Good luck with your application. Admire you for maths and physics - sounds like a nightmare to me (bit of a maths phobia here) :colondollar:

Yeah the french bac has compulsory subjects, college lasts for 3 years and in the second year you can specialze either in sciences, literature subjects or economics whilst still doing the compulsory subjects. I'm doing physics, chemistry, maths, biology/earth sciences, french lit, history-geography, philosophy, english lit, spanish, computer science :smile: The hardest bit is the 'OIB' , which is sort of an international option so I have history-geography both in french and english.. The work load is huge but I hope it'll help for next year!

Yeah I'm prepared for the wait, but it's good there's a lot of steps still to go for Cambridge so the wait maybe won't seem that long haha. I've heard exeter takes quite a long time to answer and Birmingham sent me a mail that I applied for one of the most competitive courses which means they might "only answer after the 15th of January" deadline :frown:.
Wow where did you end up then? Are you taking a gap year or are you already at uni?

Thanks! Haha a lot of my friends don't really get my love for maths and physics, I feel i'm one of the only girls at my school to apply for physics or/and maths.
Has anybody had any offers from Leeds,Loughborough, Leicester or Sheffield yet? :smile:
Applied for economics and mathematics at St Andrews, Edinburgh, LSE, and Glasgow and for economics at Cambridge. Glasgow was the only uni which didn't acknowledge my application however they did send me an offer on Thursday evening.
Yeah the french bac has compulsory subjects, college lasts for 3 years and in the second year you can specialze either in sciences, literature subjects or economics whilst still doing the compulsory subjects. I'm doing physics, chemistry, maths, biology/earth sciences, french lit, history-geography, philosophy, english lit, spanish, computer science :smile: The hardest bit is the 'OIB' , which is sort of an international option so I have history-geography both in french and english.. The work load is huge but I hope it'll help for next year!

Yeah I'm prepared for the wait, but it's good there's a lot of steps still to go for Cambridge so the wait maybe won't seem that long haha. I've heard exeter takes quite a long time to answer and Birmingham sent me a mail that I applied for one of the most competitive courses which means they might "only answer after the 15th of January" deadline :frown:.
Wow where did you end up then? Are you taking a gap year or are you already at uni?

Thanks! Haha a lot of my friends don't really get my love for maths and physics, I feel i'm one of the only girls at my school to apply for physics or/and maths.

I would have definitely gone down the literature route! I preferred the essay subjects.

My application was quite structured too like Cambridge - definite interview dates and usually definite decision dates too but they were quite spaced out and it was extra stress when your friends applied for more usual degrees with no interview requirements etc.

Still it all worked out in the end - I am at uni - just started my third year (where does the time go?) - it's a 4 year course though - I study Psychology and Speech Pathology (speech and language therapy) - so actually there is some science involved in my course lol! Not completely avoiding the maths either with the stats stuff in psychology - what was I thinking??????

Will keep my eyes open to see your progress :smile:
Original post by internet_alias
Applied for economics and mathematics at St Andrews, Edinburgh, LSE, and Glasgow and for economics at Cambridge. Glasgow was the only uni which didn't acknowledge my application however they did send me an offer on Thursday evening.

Same thing happened to me. Did Glasgow tell you your fee status when they sent you an offer?
Anyone get an offer yesterday?

I spoke to Econ ATs at Bristol and they said they do occasionally make offers on Saturdays but it isn't a regular thing, I presume it's more towards the end of the UCAS process or when applications pile in (around Oxbridge deadline and then 15 Jan deadline).
I sent my application off last Wednesday and Manchester still haven't sent me any emails saying that they've acknowledged my application?? All of my others have.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by trythis
Same thing happened to me. Did Glasgow tell you your fee status when they sent you an offer?

Nope, fee status was not mentioned anywhere in my offer. I'm not from the UK though which might have something to do with it.
Original post by AmyPilot
I would have definitely gone down the literature route! I preferred the essay subjects.

My application was quite structured too like Cambridge - definite interview dates and usually definite decision dates too but they were quite spaced out and it was extra stress when your friends applied for more usual degrees with no interview requirements etc.

Still it all worked out in the end - I am at uni - just started my third year (where does the time go?) - it's a 4 year course though - I study Psychology and Speech Pathology (speech and language therapy) - so actually there is some science involved in my course lol! Not completely avoiding the maths either with the stats stuff in psychology - what was I thinking??????

Will keep my eyes open to see your progress :smile:

Yeah I really do like essays as well, I'm writing one right now for English lit on an extract from Heart of Darkness. I think I'm grateful for the french curriculum to allow me to do both english + history as well as the sciences I love!

Oh great! I've got a friend at Royal Holloway for her first year also doing Psychology. I've read a book on psychology and found it really interesting, especially the whole neuroscience bit that's included in it.

Haha thanks a lot! Crossing my fingers that the progress will be positive ^^
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I sent my application off last Wednesday and Manchester still haven't sent me any emails saying that they've acknowledged my application?? All of my others have.

Manchester don't send acknowledgment emails
Original post by JamesEvans
Manchester don't send acknowledgment emails

Thanks for telling me, I was getting a little concerned.
Yeah I really do like essays as well, I'm writing one right now for English lit on an extract from Heart of Darkness. I think I'm grateful for the french curriculum to allow me to do both english + history as well as the sciences I love!

Oh great! I've got a friend at Royal Holloway for her first year also doing Psychology. I've read a book on psychology and found it really interesting, especially the whole neuroscience bit that's included in it.

Haha thanks a lot! Crossing my fingers that the progress will be positive ^^

Yeah the neuro stuff is really interesting but main emphasis of my course is really the speech therapy side of things - again very interesting and varied so never a dull moment.

I am sure the good news will start flowing in for you soon.
I applied for chem to Bristol, Bath, Oxford, Warwick, and Nottingham late on Thursday and have acknowledgements from the first four, anyone know if these are fast or slow movers for actual offers/responses? :smile:
Original post by Oceana Liang
I'm also a Chinese too. Applying economics at Cambridge, UCL Edinburgh and Manchester

That's great. I'm also applying to Cambridge and UCL:smile:
Good luck!
Anyone know if Liverpool and UEL send Acknowledgement emails?
(Had them from Southampton, Bristol and Portsmouth)
Any offers frm Cardiff, Bath Spa, Chester, Worcester or Oxford Brookes for History? Bit Nervous :redface:
Has anyone had offers from Cardiff, Reading, Kingston or De Montfort for pharmacy?

Latest

Trending

Trending