The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well dayum that was a lot of pages to get through but I appreciate the insight, thanks @FireFreezer77
Yeah there's a few of them!
No worries! :smile:
May write up another post soon
Living Life On The Edge: On The Brink Of Life

Hey all and welcome to an official post by Freezer.
I've not spoken in a while and it must be said: "you are the greatest followers anyone could wish for! Knowing you all read my blog and leave a comment at the end, it truely makes his worthwhile"

Now this won't be a regular occurrence, just a post which I felt needed to come out.So here goes.

Depression is eating my insides:

As you probably know, I have been diagnosed with depression and it is making my life a misery (unsurprisingly). I have regular down spells and again you've probably seen me when I do have them. It's not fun for me and I'm sure it isn't for you lot either. I'm really sorry about how I act during those times.

I lose control of my mind and end up posting stuff without reality setting in. I only know what I've written the morning after when I wake up and see what I wrote. I'm always shocked by the stuff I see myself write. It's horrible to experience that part of it too.

Now I honestly really appreciate everything everyone does for me here. It means the world to me but I'm not entirely sure it does anything to help me.I don't think I'll ever be convinced I'm a good person. I don't see a good side of me and I doubt I ever will! Even when I'm happy I fail to see it.

But onto what is necessary here.

I'm not 100% sure of a definition for depression. I've not been diagnosed for very long so I'm not entirely familiar with it like I am with OCD. But what I do know is that it like to make you feel down and dejected as much as it possible can. You feel useless and wish that you were dead so you dot. Have to bring any more misery to people.Now that is 100% what i personally experience.

Although I wouldn't mind other's sharing there experiences just so we can all gain a better knowledge of this horrible illness (including myself).

Treatment for depression is unknown to me, so I can't comment there.

But yeah I think this post really is an apology to everyone.I just wanted to apologize for my awful behaviour over the last month or two. I don't mean to bring anyone down or to make anyone feel bad. I feel I do that quite a lot though. It's not intentional at all and I wish it wouldn't happen anymore! But it's going to occur still and I'm not sure what there is to do about it :/

Anyways I apologize for being a jerk during the down times, as I say it's unintentional and I don't mean to offend anyone.

I hope y'all understand :smile:

Anyways, that's all from me. As always, any questions I'll do my best to answer!

Bye for now! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Extra People's!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FireFreezer77
Extra People's!

Thanks for the tag :h:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Thanks for the tag :h:

I've not spoken in a while and it must be said: "you are the greatest followers anyone could wish for! Knowing you all read my blog and leave a comment at the end, it truely makes his worthwhile"

Now this won't be a regular occurrence, just a post which I felt needed to come out.So here goes.

As you probably know, I have been diagnosed with depression and it is making my life a misery (unsurprisingly). I have regular down spells and again you've probably seen me when I do have them. It's not fun for me and I'm sure it isn't for you lot either. I'm really sorry about how I act during those times.

I lose control of my mind and end up posting stuff without reality setting in. I only know what I've written the morning after when I wake up and see what I wrote. I'm always shocked by the stuff I see myself write. It's horrible to experience that part of it too.

Now I honestly really appreciate everything everyone does for me here. It means the world to me but I'm not entirely sure it does anything to help me.I don't think I'll ever be convinced I'm a good person. I don't see a good side of me and I doubt I ever will! Even when I'm happy I fail to see it.

I'm not 100% sure of a definition for depression. I've not been diagnosed for very long so I'm not entirely familiar with it like I am with OCD. But what I do know is that it like to make you feel down and dejected as much as it possible can. You feel useless and wish that you were dead so you dot. Have to bring any more misery to people.Now that is 100% what i personally experience.

Although I wouldn't mind other's sharing there experiences just so we can all gain a better knowledge of this horrible illness (including myself).

But yeah I think this post really is an apology to everyone.I just wanted to apologize for my awful behaviour over the last month or two. I don't mean to bring anyone down or to make anyone feel bad. I feel I do that quite a lot though. It's not intentional at all and I wish it wouldn't happen anymore! But it's going to occur still and I'm not sure what there is to do about it :/

Anyways I apologize for being a jerk during the down times, as I say it's unintentional and I don't mean to offend anyone.

Anyways, that's all from me. As always, any questions I'll do my best to answer!

Always here for you Fire :hugs:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Always here for you Fire :hugs:

Thankyou Cheese!

Are you free at all? One is curious about said sleepover hehe! :excited:
Thankyou Cheese!

Are you free at all? One is curious about said sleepover hehe! :excited:

Np :smile:
Later, still at it :tongue:
Playing Mario party :biggrin:
x

Thank you for writing this, it's very helpful :kiss2:

You are brave for writing about this difficult you face daily :hugs:

You should never apologise for that, because you cant help it and it aint your fault.

My mother has depression as you know and she told me about a book you can read to help your understand.

Have you ever heard of Living with a black dog by Matthew Johnstone?? I advice you read it and the other books he has written, they aint word and are clear to read.
Thank you for this post. :jumphug:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Np :smile:
Later, still at it :tongue:
Playing Mario party :biggrin:

:smile: :hugs:
Ok then!
Ooooh have fun! :biggrin: Thatll be superb! :biggrin:
Glad it can be of use! :kiss2:
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
You are brave for writing about this difficult you face daily :hugs:

You should never apologise for that, because you cant help it and it aint your fault.

My mother has depression as you know and she told me about a book you can read to help your understand.

Have you ever heard of Living with a black dog by Matthew Johnstone?? I advice you read it and the other books he has written, they aint word and are clear to read.

Aw thankyou. I wouldnt say im brave, but thankyou.
:hugs:

Well i felt it was necessary tbh! Fair enough then, but i think i could do ore in trying to stop it, but idk.

Indeed, hmm ok then.

No ive not heard of it before. Ill have a look and see then! Thankyou for the reccomendation! :smile:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Thank you for this post. :jumphug:

No worries! :jumphug:
Just felt itd be a necessary one :smile:
Hope you feel better soon :h:
[video="youtube;kKcRSboPgU4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKcRSboPgU4[/video]
@FireFreezer77 Danke shon, thank you for the tag :smile:

Glad you appreciate the follows, but of course you'll have people following your blog :yep: They are always very thoughtful, insightful posts which are interesting to read and understand. :u:

It takes a lot of courage to post something like this, and I therefore admire you for being able to do so. I understand that sometimes you don't realise the extent of what it is you are saying when you feel depressed and that is fair enough. You'll always have people on here who will reassure you that you are indeed a great friend and person in general. Depression certainly isn't easy to live with and so it is understandable that at times when you don't feel your best, the depression makes you act in certain ways that may differ to your usual self. :smile:

It's a good thing we are already aware of what a lovely person you are :wink: I don't know if it's necessary for you to be aware of how amazing you are for now; just knowing that you are not lacking worth is good enough for the moment :yep:

Fair enough, and it's something you'll have to learn about with time, as I'm sure you did with yur OCD. Please don't worry about bringing other people down when things get bad; the chances are that they'll be happy to help :yep:. You know that you can always PM me whenever you don't feel well. :u:

As I said in PMs, I don't mind talking about some of my experience but what would you like to know? I don't think I'll say the whole thing but is there anything in particular you'd like to know about it?

You're not a "jerk"; you just need to continue being yourself the best you can :yep:

Thanks for being an awesome friend :hugs:
Love ya buddy!!! <3

Latest