The Student Room Group

Exams in May ????????

Exams in May doing Bio, Chem, Psychology and physics. Struggling with A levels so far. I have six months till all my exams start do you think there is still time to improve as well as revise?

And do you have any tips for remembering a lot of info.
Original post by Freshstart123
Exams in May doing Bio, Chem, Psychology and physics. Struggling with A levels so far. I have six months till all my exams start do you think there is still time to improve as well as revise?

And do you have any tips for remembering a lot of info.

You have A LOT of time to revise. You have around 200 days to revise so get cracking. First write down the information in your own words to simplify it than break it down into chunks and memorize it. Try explaining what you have learnt to kids (just imagine you are teaching kids for the first time about a topic) that way you will remember it better. Once you have covered all the required spec do a past paper for it and list down the grade you get for it on Microsoft Excel, also make sure you write down a question you couldn't answer from the exam paper and ask yourself that question once every while until you know the answer for it. Make sure you keep coming back to units you have finished going over since theres no point if you can't remember anything. Don't stress, during the day revise as much as you can (I recommend revising for 25 minutes than having a 5 minute break) and during the night do whatever you want (e.g watch a movie or tv show, play games).
Original post by Raizelcadres
You have A LOT of time to revise. You have around 200 days to revise so get cracking. First write down the information in your own words to simplify it than break it down into chunks and memorize it. Try explaining what you have learnt to kids (just imagine you are teaching kids for the first time about a topic) that way you will remember it better. Once you have covered all the required spec do a past paper for it and list down the grade you get for it on Microsoft Excel, also make sure you write down a question you couldn't answer from the exam paper and ask yourself that question once every while until you know the answer for it. Make sure you keep coming back to units you have finished going over since theres no point if you can't remember anything. Don't stress, during the day revise as much as you can (I recommend revising for 25 minutes than having a 5 minute break) and during the night do whatever you want (e.g watch a movie or tv show, play games).

Oh and print out the exam specification that way you will know what you have to learn.

Quick Reply

Latest