The Student Room Group

Extreamly bad GCSEs - good level 3/ a levels can I go uni

Hi guys, basically when I was in schools I was really lazy and did not know the consiqunces of failing my GCSEs. Therefore I left with the following grades

Igcse English C
Maths E
French F
Geography E
RE D
Btec applied science Pass
Btec sport Pass
Btec IT pass

As you can see my grades are absolutely diabolical!! After realising I screwed up I retook my gcse maths and obtained a grade C.

Because i now had English and maths at grade C I was able to study the Btec extended diploma in engineering (level 3). After successfully achieving all distinctions in the first year I am predicted D* D* D* including distinctions in both math units. I also done many extra curricular activities such as summers schools, EPQ, work experience and being a student ambassador. I have a great teacher reference aswell.

My question is, will Universities still consider me/ give me a offer even though I got really bad GCSEs. I have checked the unis website and they all seem to say English and maths at grade C which I have. I also exceed their level 3 requirements. I want to study the Beng in Mechanical engineering at one of the following uniS

University of Birmingham
Aston university
University of Nottingham
Birmingham city
University of hull

Thanks
Then when I see people saying GCSEs don't matter I really wonder what they're on about:confused:
I guess you'll just have to redo maths and English
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Naomeyz_01
Then when I see people saying GCSEs don't matter I really wonder what they're on about:confused:
I guess you'll just have to redo maths and English
Posted from TSR Mobile

I already have English and maths at grade C which is what the unis require however I'm worried as I only meet their minimum and lack in the other gcses😟

Quick Reply

Latest