The Student Room Group

What A level results surprised you the most?

I was most surprised at getting a B in A Level Geography, since I only got a low C at AS and felt that the A2 exams had gone badly, since I ran out of time quite significantly in one of them (as in, I basically missed out one of the 25 mark essays). I honestly expected a C at best, so I was amazed when it turned out I'd got a B!

I was also surprised to see I'd got a B in A Level ICT, since I expected to get an A. I'd got an A at AS, 93% in my A2 coursework and I thought the A2 exam had gone quite well. Unfortunately though I ended up being 3 marks off the A, and my mark stayed the same after a remark :frown:
Reply 2
Only done AS so far but my B in AS maths as I thought I'd failed C2 and got like a D overall... I was pleasantly surprised
Reply 3
A in AS History.

Was expecting a D and I thought my essays were sh*t, I came out of my second history exam almost in tears because I felt like I put in so much work for nothing :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by AfcFob
Only done AS so far but my B in AS maths as I thought I'd failed C2 and got like a D overall... I was pleasantly surprised

What ums mark did you get for C2?
Reply 5
getting 100% in A2 maths. After doing the exams I got different answers to my friends. But all of them matched on TSR. After predicting that I had a B. It was a pleasant surprise to get an A*, and full marks in all my modules this year and for my retakes last year.
Reply 6
Original post by MajorFader
What ums mark did you get for C2?

63 :angry:

Have 78 for C1 and 82 for D1
Reply 7
Original post by JACCKYD
getting 100% in A2 maths. After doing the exams I got different answers to my friends. But all of them matched on TSR. After predicting that I had a B. It was a pleasant surprise to get an A*, and full marks in all my modules this year and for my retakes last year.

What did you get for AS? First time
I predicted my grades fairly correctly, but some unit marks surprised me. I got a B in my economics paper, when I thought there is no way I'd get anything higher than a U in that module, it was actually my best unit overall. I also got an E in one of my economics papers, when I thought I'd get an A.
Reply 9
Original post by MajorFader
What did you get for AS? First time

got a C in C1, C2 and S1. I was a few UMS of a B in all of them. I just made lots of careless mistakes.
I was really surprised by all the reformed ASs that I took (bio, chem, maths) - came out of all of them in tears absolutely convinced I had failed and that I would never be able to go to uni!
Original post by emilysmith268
I was really surprised by all the reformed ASs that I took (bio, chem, maths) - came out of all of them in tears absolutely convinced I had failed and that I would never be able to go to uni!

Well at least you're aware that Maths isn't reformed for you
Original post by JACCKYD
got a C in C1, C2 and S1. I was a few UMS of a B in all of them. I just made lots of careless mistakes.

What an improvement...
Original post by Maths is Life
Well at least you're aware that Maths isn't reformed for you

oops sorry I meant bio chem history lol - maths was the only one I felt confident in when coming out of the exam, so thank god that wasn't reformed :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest