The Student Room Group

Saying no to a good friend

It turns out that one of my friends who I thought was gay is actually is straight. I have heard from one of my friends that he likes me and wants to ask me out but the thing is I don't like him like that but I don't what to tell him no as I don't want to ruin our friendship. How do I say no without it ruining our friendship?
Original post by Anonymous
It turns out that one of my friends who I thought was gay is actually is straight. I have heard from one of my friends that he likes me and wants to ask me out but the thing is I don't like him like that but I don't what to tell him no as I don't want to ruin our friendship. How do I say no without it ruining our friendship?

The one thing I would say is to be very careful. You've heard it from a friend, and as Judge Judy would say, that's hearsay. You never know if it's true or not until you hear it from the horse's mouth, and until then just don't give any signs back and otherwise act normal.
Reply 2
Wait till he makes his intentions clear and then explain you only want to be friends. Or tell your mate to give him a clue too.

Quick Reply

Latest