The Student Room Group

A Levels Early or not Early?

Hello Guys, I just wanted to know do you think we are still considered early in the school year?
Nope it's almost halfterm
Original post by Freshstart123
Hello Guys, I just wanted to know do you think we are still considered early in the school year?

Yeah, I think we are. Mock exams season hasn't even started yet !
Original post by Terrificmagenta
Yeah, I think we are. Mock exams season hasn't even started yet !

Like do you think there is time to improve and are we still considered early in the school year?

Meh. For A-Level revision you might as well start now it won't be considered early.
Original post by SM6
Meh. For A-Level revision you might as well start now it won't be considered early.

I have started revison from day one, but going to start hardcore revision from monday so the 17th of october and i was wondering if that is considered early in the year
Like do you think there is time to improve and are we still considered early in the school year?

There is definitely time to improve. I know lotss of people who got Ds, Es and U grades in their mocks (so around January) and by August the same people would come out with and Bs-or generally marks a lot higher than the level they were at few months prior to exam season. I did all my revision in June/end of May (because I need intense pressure to study) and somehow came out with A*AAA (being half a mark off an A* in all the subjects I got As in- arrghh! Just my luck eh😭😣 ah well, nvm)
So never give up. Alevels aren't as bad as some people make out ! You need to find what works for you and remember there's no magical pill. We all work differently I guess, some people find they need to start early, others need that intense pressure of exams being round the corner, so find what works for you and stick to it. Good luck! 😊😊
(edited 7 years ago)
I have started revison from day one, but going to start hardcore revision from monday so the 17th of october and i was wondering if that is considered early in the year

That's perfectly fine!
There is definitely time to improve. I know lotss of people who got Ds, Es and U grades in their mocks (so around January) and by August the same people would come out with and Bs-or generally marks a lot higher than the level they were at few months prior to exam season. I did all my revision in June/end of May (because I need intense pressure to study) and somehow came out with A*AAA (being half a mark off an A* in all the subjects I got As in- arrghh! Just my luck eh😭😣 ah well, nvm)
So never give up. Alevels aren't as bad as some people make out ! You need to find what works for you and remember there's no magical pill. We all work differently I guess, some people find they need to start early, others need that intense pressure of exams being round the corner, so find what works for you and stick to it. Good luck! 😊😊

Wow amazing grades, what subjects did you do. and do you really think it is still considered early in the school year?
Wow amazing grades, what subjects did you do. and do you really think it is still considered early in the school year?

Looll, Yesssss I doo ! Septembers just about ended 😊😊Just keep ontop of things, make sure you understand what you're being taught, don't miss lessons, never give up (it is never too late to start revising) and you'll be fine!
thank youu, they really aren't that good😁, I'm sure you'll prob do better, you've already started revision! I took Chemistry, Bio, Psychology, AS sociology (dropped after y12😊) and Arabic. What subjects are you doing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Looll, Yesssss I doo ! Septembers just about ended 😊😊z Just keep ontop of things, don't miss lessons, never give up (it is never too late to start revising) and you'll be fine!
thank youu, they really aren't that good😁, you'll prob do better, you've already started revision! I took Chemistry, Bio, Psychology, AS sociology (dropped after y12😊) and Arabic

Omg im doing bio chem and psychology too, what tips would you give for revsisng these subjets. And are you an arab? if so what type?
Omg im doing bio chem and psychology too, what tips would you give for revsisng these subjets. And are you an arab? if so what type?

Loll, no I'm not an arab. Reallyy?? Snap. Chemistrys the bestt😊😊,haha. Umm.. Yeah, gimme a min , I'll see if I can give you any tips. I'll be back, just got to finish something 😊
Loll, no I'm not an arab. Reallyy?? Snap. Chemistrys the bestt😊😊,haha. Umm.. Yeah, gimme a min , I'll see if I can give you any tips. I'll be back, just got to finish something 😊

alright thanks
alright thanks

I'll PM you. Don't wanna be repeating myself coz I've said some of this on previous threads:redface:
I'll PM you. Don't wanna be repeating myself coz I've said some of this on previous threads:redface:

Can you PM me tips aswell on Biology and psychology :smile:
Original post by goal101
Can you PM me tips aswell on Biology and psychology :smile:

Lol, ofcourse :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest